Anyone been to Les Citronniers in Hammamet, Tunisia?!

I've been researching holidays for weeks now, and was looking at the list of the best voted hotels on Trip Advisor. Les Citronniers is down on Thomas Cook as being only 2* yet has been voted 9th best hotel out of 122, 4.5 out of 5 and of 107 votes, 65 are excellent, 27 very good and 10 average - FAR better than a lot of the 5* places out there!
I'm wondering whether people vote it as good because it's relatively cheap and they expect the worse, or whether it's genuinely just a good place!
Has anyone been? Or can anyone recommend a good hotel?

7 Comments

Probably best to read the actual reviews, then you will know if it's a genuinly good place or not. Not always good to just go off the scores.

We stayed at the Hotel Fourati in Hammamet, not great reviews but we had a fabulous time there .... you can only get so much from other people's opinions - I tend to try to read between the lines then make up my own mind when I get there Sorry we don't know the hotel you are looking at. Have a great holiday wherever you end up staying !

Nope!

PM people that posted on trip advisor, most will reply and assist you

Original Poster

Thanks for all the replies! :-)

I've just had a look at Holiday Truths website, where it is shown as a 4*, but there are no reviews on this hotel since July 2007. I always take reviews with a pinch of salt, unless there is a recurring theme as one man's fish is another man's poisson!! I have made a recent enquiry on Trip Advisor on a hotel in Sousse which I know quite well and someone slated it completely as she had her bag stolen, which can happen anywhere.

I thought I recognised the name, I stayed there for a week when I was in Tunisia a couple of years ago. I found that the hotel was basic, but very clean, and the staff were nice. The only thing that put me off was that alot of the locals used the hotel bar at night, which could be a bit intimidating if you're not expecting it. The brakfast was fine if I remember correctly, just things like cereal, pastries etc. I didn't eat there at night so can't comment on that...
Post a comment
@
    Text
    Top Discussions
    1. How dangerous is Donald trump?1848
    2. I banned myself from HUKD for 3m, I saved so much money!2744
    3. Just heard this...2 ★★★★★★★★★★★★★★ congrats to all on 392k ★★★★★★★★★★★★★★7764114
    4. WONGA REFUNDS DUE185923

See more discussions