Anyone been to Nerja, Spain on holiday?

Found 15th Aug 2017
Heading there end of September - first time abroad by myself. Any particular recommendations for things to do/places to go?

Thank you
Community Updates
Ask
7 Comments
My girlfriend went there recently, think she just went snorkelling, jet skiing, shopping etc
You are bound to visit Frigoscandia and Torrock while you are there, close by places. ...... Fabulous.
Will you be driving whilst there ? There is a dirt track between Nerja and Torrock on the sea road that takes you to the top of the mountain........ Wow, what a view.
Frigilania and Torrox I mean
Frigiliana is a must see village. You can get a bus from Nerja. Torrox Costa is also very nice. Only decent beach in Nerja is burriana which has a brilliant restaurant on the far east of the beach serving paella.
Best supermarkets are lidl and mercadona to the north east of Nerja
Original Poster
I'd like to hire a car though a bit nervous of it! I'm a confident driver in the UK, but only driven abroad before in lanzarote 10 years ago...

Will look up torrox - not heard of it. Appreciate the paella recommends and lidl too!

Any specific recommendations for where /which company to scuba dive with?

Also best way to get from Malaga airport to nerja? Have heard buses are good. Or may drive if I can load satnav on my phone before I leave the UK!
Get a car at Malaga airport. I paid £60 for a week and used cargest. Stick Google maps on your phone. No need for Sat nav.

cargest.com/mob…php
jo_bob16th Aug

I'd like to hire a car though a bit nervous of it! I'm a confident driver …I'd like to hire a car though a bit nervous of it! I'm a confident driver in the UK, but only driven abroad before in lanzarote 10 years ago...Will look up torrox - not heard of it. Appreciate the paella recommends and lidl too! Any specific recommendations for where /which company to scuba dive with?Also best way to get from Malaga airport to nerja? Have heard buses are good. Or may drive if I can load satnav on my phone before I leave the UK!

My mistake - lidl is in the north west of nerja on the main road into town. Check out the caves of nerja if you get a rainy days. pretty spectacular.

thenerjacaves.com/
Post a comment
@
    Text

Top Discussions