Expired

Anyone been to Polis / Latchi area in Cyprus?

Banned 8
Found 15th Sep 2009
Going tomorrow for a week and have a car so just wondered if there is anywhere nice to take a trip to or any recommendations of restaurants etc in the area etc.

thanks.

8 Comments

We were just outside Polis for a week in the summer - very hot. Latchi very nice area. Beaches aren't too great but lovely area. A restaurant I would definitely recommend is Fat Mama's in Paphos. Its on the King of the Tombs road not far along from the actual tombs. It was absolutely brilliant. The food was excellent, there was entertainment and if you get in before 7pm (i think) you get 10% discount off your bill. To be honest, didn't think prices were too bad. We also went for a chinese at the restaurant between Polis and Latchi (it's on a corner). The food was ok but in comparison to Fat Mamas a tadge on the pricey side. The restaurants at the Latchi harbour all seemed to be very good. A must try at some of these restaurants is the "Meze" which is brill. I hope you have a great time. Enjoy.

If you've got the car and dont mind driving, try and get into Ayia Napa.
Some absolutely fantastic beaches and some great restaurants, Los Bandidos, Clarabells.
Cape Greco (just outside AN) is beautiful and so peaceful

I've not been to Polis... but the Polis have been to me. :oops:

if you can got to ayai napa, there is some great resteraunts, one called zizzi, its the best italian ive ever been to, great lasanga

Original Poster Banned

tinkers;6297073

We were just outside Polis for a week in the summer - very hot. Latchi … We were just outside Polis for a week in the summer - very hot. Latchi very nice area. Beaches aren't too great but lovely area. A restaurant I would definitely recommend is Fat Mama's in Paphos. Its on the King of the Tombs road not far along from the actual tombs. It was absolutely brilliant. The food was excellent, there was entertainment and if you get in before 7pm (i think) you get 10% discount off your bill. To be honest, didn't think prices were too bad. We also went for a chinese at the restaurant between Polis and Latchi (it's on a corner). The food was ok but in comparison to Fat Mamas a tadge on the pricey side. The restaurants at the Latchi harbour all seemed to be very good. A must try at some of these restaurants is the "Meze" which is brill. I hope you have a great time. Enjoy.

thanks for the tips. Might look out for fat mamas en route :thumbsup:
magough;6297124

If you've got the car and dont mind driving, try and get into Ayia … If you've got the car and dont mind driving, try and get into Ayia Napa.Some absolutely fantastic beaches and some great restaurants, Los Bandidos, Clarabells.Cape Greco (just outside AN) is beautiful and so peaceful

thanks but already been to napa and hated it. just reminded me of san antonio in ibiza.

besides, its an 8 hour round tip to napa

guess I must be too old :-D

csiman;6298236

thanks for the tips. Might look out for fat mamas en route … thanks for the tips. Might look out for fat mamas en route :thumbsup:thanks but already been to napa and hated it. just reminded me of san antonio in ibiza.besides, its an 8 hour round tip to napaguess I must be too old :-D

I can honestly say that if you can get a boat trip to take you to the Blue Lagoon you will love it, they leave from the Harbour at Latchi/Polis from what I can remember. Have a fabulous time, beautiful country x

Paphos is quite a long drive if you want to go there or a trip in the mountains also is breathtaking, heading from Latchi towards Paphos you can go right through the mountains and the views are amazing. Also The Adonis Falls in the mountains are well worth a visit, very hairy drive though lol

Adonis falls:
images.google.co.uk/ima…=wi

Blue Lagoon:
images.google.co.uk/ima…=wi

Original Poster Banned

snowflake;6298417

I can honestly say that if you can get a boat trip to take you to the … I can honestly say that if you can get a boat trip to take you to the Blue Lagoon you will love it, they leave from the Harbour at Latchi/Polis from what I can remember. Have a fabulous time, beautiful country xPaphos is quite a long drive if you want to go there or a trip in the mountains also is breathtaking, heading from Latchi towards Paphos you can go right through the mountains and the views are amazing. Also The Adonis Falls in the mountains are well worth a visit, very hairy drive though lol Adonis falls:http://images.google.co.uk/images?hl=en&rlz=1T4ADBF_en-GBGB240GB240&resnum=0&q=adonis%20falls&um=1&ie=UTF-8&sa=N&tab=wiBlue Lagoon:http://images.google.co.uk/images?sourceid=navclient&hl=en-GB&rlz=1T4ADBF_en-GBGB240GB240&q=blue%20lagoon%20cyprus&um=1&ie=UTF-8&sa=N&tab=wi

will definitely look for the blue lagoon - maybe drive to it

cant wait as love cyprus. our villa looks nice too and should be big enough for the two of us lol ;-)

jamesvillas.co.uk/cyp…ton

thanks

csiman;6298579

will definitely look for the blue lagoon - maybe drive to itcant wait as … will definitely look for the blue lagoon - maybe drive to itcant wait as love cyprus. our villa looks nice too and should be big enough for the two of us lol ;-)http://www.jamesvillas.co.uk/cyprus/latchi/michaela-1633/?id=47747991,730669856&vsearch=yes&CTA=homepage_search_villa_buttonthanks

It's not really possible to drive to it, not the actual lagoon, the experience is really being on a boat in the lagoon, swimming off a boat in the Crystal clear waters etc
Post a comment
@
    Text