Found 27th Oct 2009
Can you tell me whether union square or fishermans wharf are better locations for staying please?

Thanks in advance

12 Comments

Gay capital of the world.

If you're going to San Francisco, be sure to wear some flowers in your hair.....

I went a few years ago, and if my frazzled brain remembers correctly, they're not that far apart anyway because there are trams running all the time you can catch. Union square is nearer the shops, but fishermans wharf has a lot more going on there and some really smelly sea lions that you can see. I think that's where you can also take the trips to Alcatraz.

I'd go with whichever is cheaper, because it's easy to get around in San Fran, and there's loads to do/look at wherever you go.

as above, went last year, it depends if you want to be nearer the shops or have the sea breeze. they are about a 5-10 min tram ride away anyway, with china town in the middle if you fancy a walk between the two. the wharf was a lot more touristy, but my advice is go where the best deals are because its so easy to get around........personally though, If I went back i would opt for union square.

As above. we stayed near union sq. and caught a tram to fishermans wharf. Best to catch the tram at the terminus as the queues can be quite long but it is a fun way to travel around the city and a three day or weekly pass does not cost too much. There are more depatment stores around union sq and more touristy shops around the wharf.

I stayed at Union Square about 2 yrs ago.

If i was to be asked, i would definetely say Union Square and its much more fun than fisherman's wharf

Banned

If you're going to San Francisco, be sure to wear some flowers in your … If you're going to San Francisco, be sure to wear some flowers in your hair.....

Class pmsl real class

repped

Original Poster

thanks guys, that's really great help. we are going to book union square

OOopws I would have said Fishermans wharf but if you are going to get the tram ask for a day pass at $11 or you can get 2,3 days or even a week which saves you loads of dosh as it is $5 per ride!
I used to work there a couple of years ago so prices may have gone up a tad but by Fishermans there are some rather nice holiday Inns which are quite cheap too.
Have a fab time I love it there, don't forget to book Alcatraz online before you go as it can get fully booked up so if there is no space when you get there you will be gutted..... :thumbsup:

Banned

I had about 3 hours in San Fransisco yonks ago. 'Twas cold and very wet at the time and I couldn't wait to leave the place (purely because of the weather), but regret it a little now. At least I got to see Lombard Street and the Golden Gate.

Original Poster

fifitrix123;6704257

OOopws I would have said Fishermans wharf but if you are going to get the … OOopws I would have said Fishermans wharf but if you are going to get the tram ask for a day pass at $11 or you can get 2,3 days or even a week which saves you loads of dosh as it is $5 per ride!I used to work there a couple of years ago so prices may have gone up a tad but by Fishermans there are some rather nice holiday Inns which are quite cheap too.Have a fab time I love it there, don't forget to book Alcatraz online before you go as it can get fully booked up so if there is no space when you get there you will be gutted..... :thumbsup:

Thanks for the tip on alcatraz, is it the same price everywhere online? I haven't looked yet.

think we will stick with union square and get day a 3/5 day tram pass.

going to try and get a good deal on a hotel through priceline :thumbsup:

we will be taking warm clothes as know its likely to be cold. also aware of tramps etc, but you get those in southampton too :whistling:

I love this site, its great to hear from so many people :-D
Post a comment
@
    Text
    Top Discussions
    1. Meerkat Movies (2 for 1 Cinema Codes) | Official Trading Thread428514675
    2. Win Xbox with Doritos 7 day code11
    3. Which wall design do you like best?911
    4. black friday dates for halfords55

See more discussions