anyone been to Sorrento, Italy?

6 replies
Found 26th Apr 2011
considering a week there, anyone have any tales to tell?
stuff to do, sites to see?

6 Comments

Yes I have been. There is lots to do in the area. The transport links were good, everything runs on time and is cheap. Sorrento is a lovely place only downside for us was we were in a hotel a couple of miles out of town up a massive hill lol. If you like site seeing you can easily fill a week
Edited by: "alfie73" 26th Apr 2011

Original Poster

alfie73

Yes I have been. There is lots to do in the area. The transport links … Yes I have been. There is lots to do in the area. The transport links were good, everything runs on time. Sorrento is a lovely place only downside for us was we were in a potel a couple of miles out of town up a massive hill lol. If you like site seeing you can easily fill a week

cool thanks, we been looking at the grand aminta hotel.
seems to get great reviews.
just me and the gf, no kids or nowt.

Im sure you wll have a great time. We only paid a couple of euros for a day ticket. We went to pompeii and herculaneum (which is another villiage which was covered in ash by versuvius erruption) both well worth a visit. The Amalfi drive is also beautiful. You can also get a boat to capri which is a small island again cheap to get to and well worth a visit, we hired a taxi for about £30 for 6 of us for half a day. Hope this helps. Enjoy

we stayed at the aminta for our 25th wedding anniversary,had a great time,lovely hotel .we visited capri,pompeii even had a trip to rome.the main square in sorrento is lovely to sit and people watch and we ate some great meals there.
ristorantecanonico.com/ind…ese
Edited by: "housefan" 26th Apr 2011

We went a few years ago - really liked it. Thing we particularly enjoyed was there was no foreign influence in the streets, they keep it very Italian as it should be. That said English is widely spoken, so no problems there.

Get the ferry along the coast, visit Positano etc - wee trip to Capri - but make sure you leave the credit card in the hotel in error, as it's full of designer shops.

We stayed at the Minerva , very good hotel and half way up the drive hehe,
We mainly enjoyed ischia, the natural spa. Very nice..
Capri was nice , views nice but full of designer shops which were nice to look at but cost alot.

We also went to Rome with tour, wasn't as good as we thought.
But sorrento
The wife and I would go there again..
Post a comment
@
    Text
    Top Discussions
    1. How to remove bar at bottom of screen on ios 11.0.333
    2. Anyone know of any budget laptops which charge through USB-C?44
    3. Switch from BT to BT same property different person628
    4. CEX grading22

See more discussions