Anyone been told water ingress by carphone warehouse??

Found 26th Apr 2012
My £30 a month Samsung Galaxy S ll would not charge so sent to cpw for repair and they fixed it, same thing happens a month later now went to store to pick up today and they show me some blurry pic saying water damage so they won;t repair, only had the phone 5 months, and it been no wear near water. Seems like foul play to me.

Just checked goggle and seem loads people in same boat!

Gutted, don't know what to do next, but just please stay away from CARPHONE WAREHOUSE.

22 Comments

Water damage is the easy way out for them. Had problems before with a company (not cpw) with the same issue.

Take the back cover off and try and see where the screws are. One screw will be white this is because it has a white pad on the screw and what happens is if the phone has had water damage the white pads turns a diff colour (to my knowledge).

Also they didnt mention water damage to you the first time??? so why are they now? presuming they opened it up the first time they will see if its been water damaged by you or the rain..ect.
Edited by: "J4GG4" 26th Apr 2012

Just checked goggle and seem loads people in same boat!

there's your problem, get off the boat

Go into one of their shops ask to see some of their dearest phones when they bring them out to demo ask if you can get them on the incontinent tariff when they so no ask are you sure ? then **** on the phones.

Edited by: "dontasciime" 26th Apr 2012

With it been less tha 6 months hit them with the SOGA for a replacement. It will be then up to them to prove the damage was caused by you and wasn't present when the phone was bought
Edited by: "newbie1001" 26th Apr 2012

dontasciime

Go into one of their shops ask to see some of their dearest phones when … Go into one of their shops ask to see some of their dearest phones when they bring them out to demo ask if you can get them on the incontinent tariff when they so no ask are you sure ? then **** on the phones.

Too much effort.

Seems a little daft, aren't mobiles designed to be used wherever and whenever within reason?

So if it's raining, you can't use your mobile? Sod that, I'll stick with my cheapo one then

Original Poster

dcx_badass

Nothing to do with CarPhone Warehouse, you'd have the same issue anywhere … Nothing to do with CarPhone Warehouse, you'd have the same issue anywhere if the moisture detecters have been triggered.

What ? my phone has been no where near water, CPW have damaged it, to get out of the warranty.

ukmonkey

What ? my phone has been no where near water, CPW have damaged it, to … What ? my phone has been no where near water, CPW have damaged it, to get out of the warranty.

Indeed, after all it never rains in the UK

Original Poster

linuxlinks

Indeed, after all it never rains in the UK

The damage when i got my phone back inside the phone looks like it has been submerged in water, when I sent it off for repair the power button illuminated, but now it is just dead, can't recall useing my phone in the rain, but evan if I did it would not cause damage like it has. But thanks for your reply linuxlinks it was most useful, please keep up the great help!..

if your phone is insured get it fixed *cough* then lose it.

Original Poster

dontasciime

if your phone is insured get it fixed *cough* then lose it.

Nah not into stuff like that, believe in karma!

ukmonkey

Nah not into stuff like that, believe in karma!

Maybe it's karma that people screw over CPW because they happily do it to their customers

Original Poster

jaybear88

Maybe it's karma that people screw over CPW because they happily do it … Maybe it's karma that people screw over CPW because they happily do it to their customers

good point but its the insurance company that pays.

ukmonkey

good point but its the insurance company that pays.

Actually its the insurance customers who pay in the long run, its not like its out of their own pockets they pass the costs down to all us legit customers.
Edited by: "harlzter" 29th Apr 2012

harlzter

Actually its the insurance customers who pay in the long run, its not … Actually its the insurance customers who pay in the long run, its not like its out of their own pockets they pass the costs down to all us legit customers.

lol :who else

Banned

Had this before, I tracked it back to having it in my pocket when going for bike rides getting sweaty. You'll find in the manual it states the max humidity your phone is allowed to be exposed to.

I'm just wondering what you've been up to to deserve this then.

is it the same phone you sent in as cpw has been known tp send other phones to wrong customers x

sophie211

is it the same phone you sent in as cpw has been known tp send other … is it the same phone you sent in as cpw has been known tp send other phones to wrong customers x

Yeah I was just gonna say this!

I had the same problem except it was after 5 weeks. Cpw. Sent back pics of 'water damage' inside the phone but the pics were such close ups there was nothing to prove the pics were actually of my phone.
Lots of discussions with them but awful customer service and I would never shop there again. 5 week old phone went in bin.

Original Poster

PenguinsForAll

Yeah I was just gonna say this!

yes checked the iemi

Original Poster

dypsy

I had the same problem except it was after 5 weeks. Cpw. Sent back pics … I had the same problem except it was after 5 weeks. Cpw. Sent back pics of 'water damage' inside the phone but the pics were such close ups there was nothing to prove the pics were actually of my phone. Lots of discussions with them but awful customer service and I would never shop there again. 5 week old phone went in bin.

yes same here, but have phoned samsung, and sent it off for second opinion, there seems to be alot of people who have the same problems, just have to see what samsung say now.
Post a comment
@
    Text