Anyone bought a Cat D car?

Posted 1st Jan
Did you be able to just insure it normally did it all work out ok and smoothly?
Community Updates
Ask

Groups

7 Comments
39562134-HbMkv.jpg
Were you able *
No issues, I have had a Cat d in the past and now have a cat c/s car now. Insurance cost is dependent on various factors. But a category listed car doesn’t affect the cost. But it may lower any insurance claims on what the insurer may pay out as the vehicle had previously been claimed and paid out against. Don’t quote me on that. Shop around.
Raven_R3201/01/2020 19:33

No issues, I have had a Cat d in the past and now have a cat c/s car now. …No issues, I have had a Cat d in the past and now have a cat c/s car now. Insurance cost is dependent on various factors. But a category listed car doesn’t affect the cost. But it may lower any insurance claims on what the insurer may pay out as the vehicle had previously been claimed and paid out against. Don’t quote me on that. Shop around.

As above I have currently both cat d & cat c cars, no issues with insurance cover not anymore expensive or cheaper, my previous cat c car was stolen and the insurance paid out more than I bought it for due to book price as limited edition and second hand prices being high on that model(y)
Edited by: "sidhoooooo" 1st Jan
Not an issue insuring them. Had a few myself used to buy and repair myself then run for a few years. Should be cheaper to purchase as it has a lower value than a straight car.
Always like to know what damage was done and make sure it was repaired properly. Being a cat D should just be light damage that was done.
Edited by: "MrWalle" 1st Jan
People always spread false information about category cars being more expensive to insure. They are not. Although you will likely get paid out a little less should you write it off again. You're likely buying it cheaper than a straight car anyway, so it works out the same as insuring a straight car. Also, lots of 'straight' cars have been in unrecorded accidents, so even straight cars need to be checked out properly before buying them.

Nobody can tell you if a cat D is good or not, it depends on that car, what damage it had and most importantly... who actually repaired it and to what standard. Some cat D cars may have a simply dented door, whereas others look like a Cat C or S. You want to ask the owner of pictures when it was damaged, most of them will say they don't have any pictures and that it was just a ding in the wing or something minor... Most probably lying.

BTW:
CatD=CatN
CatC=CatS
Edited by: "J4GG4" 1st Jan
Get a full inspection done pre-purchase, and if all looks good regarding damage repaired, go ahead, and you will also have something to show your insurance if you need it. Some ask for a report.
Post a comment
@
    Text

Discussions