Anyone Bought a Laptop from Amazon Warehouse Deals Before?

Posted 12th Apr 2019
Hi all.

Anyone had any experience buying an Amazon Warehouse laptop deal before?
Community Updates
Ask

Groups

9 Comments
Not laptop but I've purchased 3 TVs off Amazon warehouse deals and they have all been fine
Purchased a warehouse laptop in 2013 - arrived like new with only difference was in a plain brown box. Still going strong with a few upgrades/bits replaced during its time (SSD, battery) and still used by my young ones.

Another person I know ordered one and got something not matching their order (looked like someone had switched and amazon not aware) but easily rejected for a full refund.
Bertz9912/04/2019 23:00

Purchased a warehouse laptop in 2013 - arrived like new with only …Purchased a warehouse laptop in 2013 - arrived like new with only difference was in a plain brown box. Still going strong with a few upgrades/bits replaced during its time (SSD, battery) and still used by my young ones.Another person I know ordered one and got something not matching their order (looked like someone had switched and amazon not aware) but easily rejected for a full refund.

How was Amazon not aware if it looked different?
CaptainZero12/04/2019 23:00

How was Amazon not aware if it looked different?

My guess would be an item returned and looked like a laptop and was not checked any further than that.

Of course that is a guess another is something fraudulent could have happened during logistics.

What I do know is my friend ordered one laptop - got something not matching that (lower spec), incomplete and not in the best of shape. He complained, amazon arranged collection and apologised.
Not bought a laptop but had a couple of items from amazon warehouse and it's a bit of a lottery.

Bought a mobile that said used-very good and was supposed to have a couple of scratches on the side. Was absolutely perfect. That experience made me buy again from the warehouse and i then bought a cordless mower that was "like new" and it wouldnt even switch on. Spoke to a cs rep who gave me the runaround and i gave up on them. Left a bad review. Then spoke again to a cs rep who couldn't have been more helpful and refunded me and told me to dispose of the item however i wanted.

Out of curiousity before i took the mower to the tip i took it apart to find out what was wrong with it and the motor was knackered. No way was that item checked before sending.
Edited by: "m1keyp1key" 13th Apr 2019
AndyRoyd21 h, 23 m ago

Ask @Justas_Same based on …Ask @Justas_Same based on https://www.hotukdeals.com/discussions/dell-7567-i5-7300hq-gtx-1050-4gb-8gb-256-ssd-a-good-buy-3212063

Yeah, it works well, but there were some issues: it was listed as 'very good condition, some damage on accessories', so I assumed the accessories might come damaged, but laptop would be fine; However it had a bit of a scratch on the left side, and was in a worse condition than I expected it to be. Not deal-breaking though, works just great, and that mark is barely noticeable.
Bertz9922 h, 46 m ago

My guess would be an item returned and looked like a laptop and was not …My guess would be an item returned and looked like a laptop and was not checked any further than that.Of course that is a guess another is something fraudulent could have happened during logistics.What I do know is my friend ordered one laptop - got something not matching that (lower spec), incomplete and not in the best of shape. He complained, amazon arranged collection and apologised.

I bought a set of top end power line Ethernet extenders with built in WiFi Ac, had a fantastic discount and I was really happy, until I realised the one with WiFi was not accepting any config changes and would restart itself randomly. After much troubleshooting, I realised that the serial number on the WiFi unit didn’t match the serial on the cardboard box, whereas the working unit did have the serial number matching the packaging.
Basically someone had a faulty set so they ordered a new set from amazon and switched the contents before returning it under amazons no hassle guarantee. Criminal!
Did buy, came brand new sealed.
Post a comment
@
    Text

Discussions

Top Merchants