Groups

Anyone bought a showhome

..cos i has! kind of!

haha...we reserved a show home today (yay) off plan.... so not seen it ...but wondering what u get to keep...flooring obviously...but is it curtains as well. anyone who has bought a showhome with experience?

and yes i can ring the woman in a few days and find out exactly but till then i wana bug hukd..!

28 Comments

ive brought a showroom, it was a pent house, cost 1.2mill, got everything, but your situation may be differnt.

I had (Previously!)! and I wanted to move in quick so I asked to buy EVERYTHING in the house to keep it exactly as it was! The just sold us everything cheap!

Normally you get all floor covering, light fittings, upgraded oven, hob and extractor, (depending on spec of house)

You will then "normally" be offered a price for al soft furnishing at a date closer to the day of sale.

black gerbil1

ive brought a showroom, it was a pent house, cost 1.2mill, got … ive brought a showroom, it was a pent house, cost 1.2mill, got everything, but your situation may be differnt.

Codswallop pics or your lying, ah wait even then you'll still be lying getting the first pic of Google Images, go play with your dolly.

Original Poster

black gerbil1

ive brought a showroom, it was a pent house, cost 1.2mill, got … ive brought a showroom, it was a pent house, cost 1.2mill, got everything, but your situation may be differnt.

1.2million.....my dog's kennel costs that. thanks for ur effort though....keep saving.

ei8hty5ive

I had (Previously!)! and I wanted to move in quick so I asked to buy … I had (Previously!)! and I wanted to move in quick so I asked to buy EVERYTHING in the house to keep it exactly as it was! The just sold us everything cheap!

oh wow thanks 85, they did mention they would sell it at a good price but wasnt so sure. was it good quality stuff.

RickT

Normally you get all floor covering, light fittings, upgraded oven, hob … Normally you get all floor covering, light fittings, upgraded oven, hob and extractor, (depending on spec of house) You will then "normally" be offered a price for al soft furnishing at a date closer to the day of sale.

we are getting 'bespoke' kitchens and bathrooms but downside is we get no choice in what we want...oh well we know its gonna be done to top standard! i was wondering whether curtains are like carpets and left regardless? its a high spec property so should have good stuff! thanks

i would have thought all this should have been asked before you bought it?

Congratulations, very exciting.
    How long until you can move in?

Banned

At last, BG1 is back.

Original Poster

jamstaruk1972

i would have thought all this should have been asked before you bought it?

there have been 3 ppl we have been dealing with, the agents selling it, the px guy (who is gay and now we arent selling through him) and the company...not had a chance to speak to the company as they use middle men, ie agents and px idiot. we finally did speak to lady from company but that was last thing to ask. was trying to negotiate price and things like that. will speak to her proeprly when see her
    sickly sweet

Congratulations, very exciting.How long until you can move in?

noooooooooooooo idea. thats the downside...we cant move till the houses in the development sell. but thats fine as i got 3 lik kids so they can stay here making a mess! haha.... not only that considering we arent pxing anymore maybe prices will creep up a little next yr (reckon thats how long we will wait!!) so we might get more then the stupid px value!

jamstaruk1972

i would have thought all this should have been asked before you bought … i would have thought all this should have been asked before you bought it?

sickly sweet

Congratulations, very exciting.How long until you can move in?

What has his sexuality got to do with it?

All the stuff was top quality aside from the sofas. They werent fit for purpose! We only needed to buy the beds and a new sofa and that was it! It was a Persimmon home btw. They didn't tell us what was being left until all the show houses were closed to the public...

magicbeans

there have been 3 ppl we have been dealing with, the agents selling it, … there have been 3 ppl we have been dealing with, the agents selling it, the px guy (who is gay (no homo) and now we arent selling through him)

fixed

Original Poster

thanks 85.....so sofas are a bit lame basically...ok cool! im jsut excited and had to post somehwere will prob bug u nearer the time as well

Original Poster

numptyj

fixed

haaha thanks!

yeah sorry no offence to anyone...i didnt mean he turned up with his boyfriend on his arm.... i was like:
    http://www.funnyforumpics.com/forums/flame-insults/7/Gay-Coleman.jpg

no....to be honest he decided to offer us x, which was low then when we said yes decided it would be x-10grand...long and extremely boring story

Edited by: "magicbeans" 24th Mar 2011

magicbeans

no....to be honest he decided to offer us x, which was low then when we … no....to be honest he decided to offer us x, which was low then when we said yes decided it would be x-10grand...long and extremely boring story

[img]images1.memegenerator.net/Ima…jpg?imageSize=Medium&generatorName=yuno[/img]

Edited by: "numptyj" 24th Mar 2011

Banned

I can hear the databases updating!

congrats MB!

I bought a showhome and am very pleased. having seen the neighbours, I think we got a good deal. Kitchen, carpets and all tiling seems better

neighbours houses, not the neighbours in general!!!

You bought a house without seeing it and your biggest concern is whether the curtains are included?! oO

I wonder if the carpets match the curtains

Original Poster

lol@ byker thats why im not saying price/company.....could be anywhere!!

and curtains is just one concern!! its bought off plan....not allowed on site yet...unless u reserve a proeprty which means a grand down and if u pull out then they only refund u £250! should be going down to see sales lady in a few weeks to see house and then ask her all questions! but this thread has ben quite positive about buyin a showhome.

thanks for reply slummi....good to know that showhome is a better deal!

Banned

Usually the only real advantage is likely to be the largest plot on the site. Dont be fooled into thinking you'll have curtains and carpets. They now have grubby paws and footprints all over.... Ie secondhand goods which probably wont be to taste.

If the company have similar type recent localish builds... Go take a look and search t'internet to see any reviews, praise or criticism. No one on here can answer really. Not even those who can hear their keyboards tapping away as they update their databases.

black gerbil1

You bought a " showroom " .. you cannot even get that right dreamer.

Banned

dcx_badass

I'd be wary, the show house on my dads estate was one for 3 years due to … I'd be wary, the show house on my dads estate was one for 3 years due to slow sales.

I was thinking the same thing. OP could be waiting a very long time for release of house.

Original Poster

mumbo i am gonna see the house soonish..... its not ready for a month but will get an idea of the finsih and will defo keep a look out for thie things u said....its a big company so im hoping its not too bad...thanks

guv i did review them but looks like most new homes companies get mixed reviews...and usually ppl who make time/effort to review are grumbling.....

dcx and masterchief tbh im in no rush to move....would prefer to move in as late as possible so market picks up and we can sell ours at a better price and also if its a year plus...might get littlest one potty trained in current house!

Banned

magicbeans

mumbo i am gonna see the house soonish..... its not ready for a month but … mumbo i am gonna see the house soonish..... its not ready for a month but will get an idea of the finsih and will defo keep a look out for thie things u said....its a big company so im hoping its not too bad...thanks :)guv i did review them but looks like most new homes companies get mixed reviews...and usually ppl who make time/effort to review are grumbling..... dcx and masterchief tbh im in no rush to move....would prefer to move in as late as possible so market picks up and we can sell ours at a better price and also if its a year plus...might get littlest one potty trained in current house!

Like DCX said though, some of the show homes round here took 2-3 years before they were released.

So you'll get house at current price even if market picks up?

Original Poster

master_chief

Like DCX said though, some of the show homes round here took 2-3 years … Like DCX said though, some of the show homes round here took 2-3 years before they were released.So you'll get house at current price even if market picks up?

yes we have reserved it at current price...tbh its not cheap anyways! paying a premium for location!! more hoping ours goes up....otherwise might consider renting it out for a bit.
    Post a comment
    @
      Text
      Top Discussions
      1. Supermarket may have sold Sausages & Other Pork products may have been inf…67
      2. Help Me Find Bright Red Exterior Paint PLEASE33
      3. Just heard this...2 ★★★★★★★★★★★★★★ congrats to all on 392k ★★★★★★★★★★★★★★7764320
      4. Report online material promoting terrorism or extremism814

See more discussions