Anyone bought a swegboard/hoverboard??

Found 28th Sep 2015
Hi Everyone.

I'm planning on buying one of these for my girlfriend for Christmas.
Although there's so many places to choose from and at loads of different prices im a bit stuck where to get one from.
I have a budget of £250 in mind for one.

Could anyone recommend a place to buy one from? As theres so many "pop up" companies now selling these im really not sure where to go to for a good quality board and a legit seller.

Thanks in advance.

P.S forgive me if I've asked in the wrong section or anything, this is my first question asked.
Community Updates
Ask
26 Comments
iirc they are illegal to use on public footpaths so without you own a lot of land suitable for using one on them I wouldn't bother.
i've seen people use these on public footbaths...
I got this one: http://www.extremetech.com/wp-content/uploads/2014/03/huvr-hoverboard-back-to-the-future-II-pink.jpg - just be careful if you use it on water, you need to make sure you have plenty of speed before you attempt it.
mafia

​Same here...
mafia

I've seen people take cocaine before, doesn't make it legal...
or socially acceptable
I just bought one from aliexpress for 177 delivered , lets see if it comes unscathed from the customs people , its due in the next 2 weeks.

aliexpress.com/cat…y=y
Edited by: "taiko" 28th Sep 2015
which one did you go for?

i would be interested in one of these for the wife as well
I will have a look later but I do recommend getting a bigger wheel than the normal ones ie 10 inch one.

Was contemplating buying one until i tried out a friend's board last week, fell and smashed my elbow
Gearbest have them now for an alright price, can use PayPal as well AFAIK, risk customs though.
Thanks for the info guys !!
@taiko could you let me now exactly which one you bought as i can see they come from different vendors on that site, also if you can keep us posted on your one please when it arrives
Edited by: "sherildon68" 29th Sep 2015
I rather not say who I got it from yet , but it should be here within the next 2 weeks and once I get it I will update thread with all the details
Uberboard are the original & from what I've seen, the best quality by far !
taiko

I rather not say who I got it from yet , but it should be here within the … I rather not say who I got it from yet , but it should be here within the next 2 weeks and once I get it I will update thread with all the details

@taiko ​did you receive this?
with all these people looking to buy these for Christmas ....

..... it could well be the case that one or two things happen ....

The Police do clamp down on these and start issuing fines

and secondly A&E Dept are going to be inundated with accident victims over the festive season !

the first I would like to see the second not !

EliTom
kizzsandhu

@taiko ​did you receive this?

No the barstewarts said there was problem ie probably no stock , so i opened a case and they are in process of refunding me
They sell them online at home bargains
£249
Illegal, pointless now
itsdavidjones1984

Illegal, pointless now

hopefully !

EliTom
elitom

hopefully !EliTom

would love to see your face after christmas day, when you realise a lot of kids will be getting this for xmas! lets hope they annoy you on the pavements as they are so "dangerous" hahaha I've been having loads of fun on mine on the pavement and no one's stopping me (_;)
Yes - illegal - I don't see the companies selling it putting that on the box however "can only be used on private land". Hmmm.
Babbler

Yes - illegal - I don't see the companies selling it putting that on the … Yes - illegal - I don't see the companies selling it putting that on the box however "can only be used on private land". Hmmm.

of course not - that woudl affect sales !!!

I would not want to be working in A&E over the holidays with all the kids coming in with damaged knees and elbows !

EliTom
The law making these illegal has been used to prosecute/fine once. Ever. Not likely to happen.
Post a comment
@
    Text

Top Discussions

Top Merchants