Unfortunately, this discussion is no longer valid
Expired

Anyone bought alcohol from Amazon?

Posted 27th Sep
I bought a bottle of whiskey from Amazon and it stated on the item that the driver will ask for a signature and ID. Anyone bought alcohol and confirm whether they do this in practice?

I may not be at home when the driver comes and they normally leave the item in the porch. But if they need a signature and ID they won't do this so I would have to wait in for them.
Community Updates
Ask

Groups

Top comments
16 Comments
They didn't used to bother, but last couple of weeks they seem to have clamped down. Taking DOB off my driving license and punching it into their phone then getting signature
BeerDrinker27/09/2019 19:30

They didn't used to bother, but last couple of weeks they seem to have …They didn't used to bother, but last couple of weeks they seem to have clamped down. Taking DOB off my driving license and punching it into their phone then getting signature

damn. it is to be delivered tomorrow and I am planning to be out most of the day.
Hi They had me enter D.O.B and sign , before handing over the goods .
mutley127/09/2019 19:31

damn. it is to be delivered tomorrow and I am planning to be out … damn. it is to be delivered tomorrow and I am planning to be out most of the day.

Rearrange the delivery date?
what would happen if i am not at home and they come? they can't leave it with a neighbour as they sometimes do. will they automatically come again?
mutley127/09/2019 19:36

what would happen if i am not at home and they come? they can't leave it …what would happen if i am not at home and they come? they can't leave it with a neighbour as they sometimes do. will they automatically come again?

Have you checked Amazon?

Anyway , FYI

"If Amazon can't deliver your parcel on the first attempt, delivery will automatically be re-attempted for up to four more times. You can select a date for redelivery by clicking on the Track Package button beside the relevant order, in Your Orders. If your order is eligible for redelivery, you’ll be able to click the ‘Request reschedule’ link. If Amazon is unable to successfully deliver the parcel, it will then be returned to our Fulfilment Centre and a refund will be processed to your payment card. "

And

"Note: Certain items available on Amazon.co.uk are age restricted. By placing an order for one of these items you are declaring that you are 18 years of age or over. Valid photographic ID and a signature of the recipient will be required upon delivery. It is not possible to request that Amazon leave these items at a neighbour’s address or in a safe-location and they can't be delivered to a locker or Pickup point. If your order is being delivered to a commercial address or residential apartment block, the receptionist, concierge or mail room attendant receiving your parcel will need to provide a valid ID, showing they are aged 18 or over. If they can’t, the parcel will be returned to Amazon for re-delivery the following day. All information we receive about customers is treated in accordance with our Privacy Notice."
Edited by: "tregs" 27th Sep
rescheduled delivery. cheers guys
Both times they've delivered alcohol to me the driver has asked for my full name and dob. As I'm obviously over 18 (65 in fact) they didn't ask for proof. Told me that they were under instruction not to leave 'safe' or with neighbours.
tregs27/09/2019 19:35

Rearrange the delivery date?

Rearrange delivery ADDRESS... my address is.............
I presume it’s Prime now Delivery?
If its that much hassle - why bother to save 20 or 30 pence ? Beats me .
abdul527/09/2019 20:33

I presume it’s Prime now Delivery?

No. Just standard free delivery. Ordered today so expected to come in a few days, but got message to say will be delivered tomorrow.
mutley127/09/2019 22:51

No. Just standard free delivery. Ordered today so expected to come in a …No. Just standard free delivery. Ordered today so expected to come in a few days, but got message to say will be delivered tomorrow.

Thanks for the update.
Congrats on 1108
Post a comment
@
    Text

Discussions

Top Merchants