Anyone bought anything from mobiles.co.uk?

Found 12th Oct 2015
I bought a vodafone 12 months sim on mobiles.co.uk on Saturday afternoon at 5.30pm

Checking the order status on their website it states ordered, check - pending, delivery - pending

I would have thought they would have got back to me by today as the check would have complete today. Anyone bought from them and can remember how long it takes them to do the credit check from date of order?
Community Updates
AskMobilesMobile Phone
21 Comments
I ordered a sim from them on the 7th and received order completion email on the 10 but I've still not received the sim. Fingers crossed itl be here tomorrow.
Company has a poor reputation. I would stay well clear.
no, not one single person has ordered from there
but fyi i have ordered from tesco direct
hope this helps your next thread
A lot of positive reviews on here?
I've just taken out a 12 month sim only contract should I cancel?
Mobile phones direct any good?
brilly

no, not one single person has ordered from therebut fyi i have ordered … no, not one single person has ordered from therebut fyi i have ordered from tesco directhope this helps your next thread

Another problem solved by the search engine of choice!
wadz03

I ordered a sim from them on the 7th and received order completion email … I ordered a sim from them on the 7th and received order completion email on the 10 but I've still not received the sim. Fingers crossed itl be here tomorrow.

blooming heck. they don't half take their time do they? i feel better now that i see you had to wait 3 days for them to do the credit check.
wadz03

I've just taken out a 12 month sim only contract should I cancel?

they're fine as they are part of the carphonewarehouse
I ordered on a Saturday and got confirmation of acceptance Tuesday tea time. Sim came about 3 days after that.
me and my fella had phones from tyere before and all was legit, just bit slow x
wadz03

I ordered a sim from them on the 7th and received order completion email … I ordered a sim from them on the 7th and received order completion email on the 10 but I've still not received the sim. Fingers crossed itl be here tomorrow.

should always Google the site then add "trust pilot" or "review" after.

https://uk.trustpilot.com/review/www.mobiles.co.uk

A horrible 2/10.

Think mobilephonesdirect has a much better score.
So you have views of people who've never used them yet can only say bad things about them but here's my view:
I ordered a Vodafone SIM from them a few months ago, never had a problem. Need to send them my bill online every couple of months to get cashback via redemption, again no problems, very quick in accepting and the cheque comes within a few weeks. Also had a phone from them and guess what, no problems.

Give them a few more days and get in touch with them for an update.

As someone else said (or as you said), they're part of carphone warehouse.

hotukdeals.com/dea…025
Edited by: "GimmiSomeOfThat" 12th Oct 2015
i have bought from them before twice now, phone contracts and they were quite prompt coming with confirmation (or not) the next day but the last purchase was 2 years ago so i wasn't sure if they had become slower at processing and wanted a more up to date experience from people.

looks like they have become slower or just more popular with more orders to process.
I think they have to wait for the network to do their checks, is not them.

mobile phones direct are the same, took a few days with them as well.
Had a lot of issues with them, so ended up going else where for all our company phones
bluetba

I think they have to wait for the network to do their checks, is not … I think they have to wait for the network to do their checks, is not them. mobile phones direct are the same, took a few days with them as well.

This^

I've ordered new a Vodafone sim only contract from them before and eventually Vodafone contacted me as I was already a current customer I simply had to confirm something.
the sales team called me this morning to say that my credit check has passed (hooray....) but they were not able to debit the 1p from my debit card so i had to give them my card details again and it went through fine.

i got an email early this afternoon to confirm the order and that the sim will be dispatched shortly
mutley1

the sales team called me this morning to say that my credit check has … the sales team called me this morning to say that my credit check has passed (hooray....) but they were not able to debit the 1p from my debit card so i had to give them my card details again and it went through fine.i got an email early this afternoon to confirm the order and that the sim will be dispatched shortly

Surprised your bank hadn't contact you, I assume the 1p wouldn't go as the bank was trying to prevent fraud, Barclays normally text me within a few minutes when this happens to me checking all is ok.

At least its sorted.
bluetba

Surprised your bank hadn't contact you, I assume the 1p wouldn't go as … Surprised your bank hadn't contact you, I assume the 1p wouldn't go as the bank was trying to prevent fraud, Barclays normally text me within a few minutes when this happens to me checking all is ok.At least its sorted.

no. mobiles sales guy said it was their system which wasn't able to do the debit properly and then it did not store the card number so he wanted the number again and did the debit again.

after i had given him my card details, i did worry it was a scam and i had given my card details to a scammer. but then i googled the number that called me and it was mobiles.co.uk sales number, phew.

such an easy scam to do though.
ive bought a refurb iPhone 6s from their website and I've received an email saying to call their number to provide "extra details"
will I get my phone even if I don't call them? All the reviews say it takes hours to get through to the number. Is this just a scam??? All the positive reviews don't mention this stage in the buying process.
Post a comment
@
    Text

Top Discussions