Anyone bought from Eletecs

Posted 24th Nov
Done a price comparison for the PS4 pro and found a steal.

Never heard anything of the company though.

Would there be a warranty with PlayStation etc if bought from these guys?

Can anyone see any probs with a purchase from here?
Community Updates
Ask
12 Comments
I have just found a TV I want to buy but sounds too good to be true and not heard of them before either so don't know what to do
Unlikely to be a warranty on an imaginary product.
The company seems to be registered in the UK since January 2019 ( beta.companieshouse.gov.uk/com…123 ) but all the prices are in Euros!? I can't find much else about them online. The prices seem too good to be true...and in my experience if something sounds too good to be true it's usually some sort of scam.
Edited by: "TheMonk123" 24th Nov
TheMonk12324/11/2019 02:42

The company seems to be registered in the UK since January 2019 ( …The company seems to be registered in the UK since January 2019 ( https://beta.companieshouse.gov.uk/company/11763123 ) but all the prices are in Euros!? I can't find much else about them online. The prices seem too good to be true...and in my experience if something sounds too good to be true it's usually some sort of scam.

Don't take any stated info at face value. Only have to wander around a few pages to find an alternative and obviously contradictory company name. Regardless, you'd still need to clarify that any website is actually operated by the company that states it operates it, otherwise it's simply a trading name hijack.
There's no contact details either, apart from address...
Don`t take the chance , pay a little extra with a company you know
Looks like a scam. The company who’s they’re claiming to be have put a banner on their website saying that are not affiliated.
Yeah, I’ll think I’ll give them a miss
Click "Contact" in the top ribbon of their site and a telephone number is given (+44 1582 305923). Ring this and you get a number unrecognised message. Sounds like a scam. Avoid.
Also if you proceed to the checkout page the only payment option given is bank transfer despite previously advertising a PayPal option. That sounds very dangerous and affords the buyer no protection at all.
I just placed an order for a PS4 PRO. They want paying by bank transfer to Spain. Now worried it's a phishing site...anyone one out there received goods off these people?
people who provide misleading information are scammers. They advertise Paypal payments which are safe, however once one wants to pay, it has to be done by money transfer. For me it is no go.
Post a comment
@
    Text

Discussions