Groups
    EXPIRED

Anyone bought or used google cardboad

So I wanted to ask. Does anyone have or used the google cardboard

If yes, how was it and please state the phone you used.

Thank you

7 Comments

is it any different from just plain regular cardboard?

Used it on my old Galaxy S4, and it worked a charm - if you are using the Google Earth app though, you'd need a decent 4G/broadband speed so you do not have to wait ages for the maps to update while you are looking around.

I just bought one of the cheap cardboard kits from DX. Haven't tried on it on HTC One M8 yet though.

Never heard of this so googled it. Would it really be that difficult to make one with cardboard boxes and gaffer tape?

Python

Never heard of this so googled it. Would it really be that difficult to … Never heard of this so googled it. Would it really be that difficult to make one with cardboard boxes and gaffer tape?

There are templates on line but for the price of the lenses & magnets you may as well buy a kit. Mine was about £3 from DX.

its good fun but that's it. it's eye straining and it may make feel you seasick but its great fun.

Original Poster

theyiddo

Used it on my old Galaxy S4, and it worked a charm - if you are using the … Used it on my old Galaxy S4, and it worked a charm - if you are using the Google Earth app though, you'd need a decent 4G/broadband speed so you do not have to wait ages for the maps to update while you are looking around.I just bought one of the cheap cardboard kits from DX. Haven't tried on it on HTC One M8 yet though.

I rember that there were some requirements for the phone like. NFC. Etc.

I can't find the link. Do you know what the requirements were?

Galaxy Note 3 - for what the cardboard cost (about £3.50) it's definitely worth a go and actually quite impressive. It will be very interesting to see how this develops.

For the outlay it's not exactly a big risk!
    Post a comment
    @
      Text
      Top Discussions
      1. Win a safari adventure & claim a free Chicago Town pizza coupon44
      2. Win a luxury eight-night break for two in Malaysia with Ushvani Spa and Tra…44
      3. Review Hub Monthly Competition - Win a OnePlus 5!88
      4. Win a pair of running shoes up to the value of £100 with UKRunChat1010

See more discussions