Anyone buying a New PSP Go tomorrow? :]

64 replies
Found 30th Sep 2009
I'm getting one tomorrow after college, Shame i've got work straight after though so wont be able to try it out till tomorrow evening. I'll need to register it straight away to get my Free Copy of Gran Turismo PSP that I cannot wait for! I'm hoping they send the Code straight away but it's more likely to take a day or two *Touch Wood* Anyone got theirs early by any chance? lol

1. Misc
  2. PSP
Groups
  1. Misc
  2. PSP
64 Comments

I am and i cant wait

£200???? no way

not a chance. rather stick with my pc

My local Comet (Peterborough) had these on display today, didn't realize they wasn't out yet.

Yep, I ordered from Play.com and it was sent today so hopefully it gets here early tomorrow! :-D

Nooooo.............

Was going to, but they've cracked 5.50/6.00 firmware releases now.

So no need.

Original Poster

livingthelife07;6443998

My local Comet (Peterborough) had these on display today, didn't realize … My local Comet (Peterborough) had these on display today, didn't realize they wasn't out yet.

i heard a couple of stores have broken their release dates, naughty naughty!

doesnt look very good to be honest so ill give it a miss

No.
Have a slim & lite.
Wouldn´t fork out extra money with the "bonus" of having to buy all games again
as Sony don´t offer a converter or free downloads of the games you have already.

LOL, you people.

How much are the games and which games are going to be available ? Oh , thats right you have no idea lol.

Theres not a games machine that gets released that I dont buy but Im making a special exception for this one.

Wrong pricepoint

No proper compensation/scheme for existing PSP owners and their now redundant UMDs

No pricing competition for games = very bad news (have you seen some of the prices on PSN store? :shock: )

I'm afraid this will go the way of the GameGear, Mr Sony........................

iNSOMANiAC;6444455

LOL, you people.How much are the games and which games are going to be … LOL, you people.How much are the games and which games are going to be available ? Oh , thats right you have no idea lol.Theres not a games machine that gets released that I dont buy but Im making a special exception for this one.

+1 ive purchased all consoles as well apart from this.

MarzBarz;6444651

+1 ive purchased all consoles as well apart from this.

Cant help feeling i got ripped on the PSP3000 as well, yes, the screen blurring was gone but those horrible scanlines ruined the thing. Within two weeks Id took my back and traded it in for a PSP2000, a decision I still dont regret.

The fact that Sony hasnt bothered to tell anyone which games are being released and at what cost suggests to me they are relying on either complete morons or stupidly rich people to buy this on launch day.

I would laugh if the games were all £29.99 and the budget ones £19.99 when they are put on PSN, I really would because thats the type of guy I am !

yeah i agree, not worth the money, for people that own a slim and light it's a bit of a robbery, i like the idea of being completely free of carts , umd's, discs, but when you see how much the psn charges it's just not worth being so tied to them.hotukdeals.com/ite…gif

lukekey;6444740

yeah i agree, not worth the money, for people that own a slim and light … yeah i agree, not worth the money, for people that own a slim and light it's a bit of a robbery, i like the idea of being completely free of carts , umd's, discs, but when you see how much the psn charges it's just not worth being so tied to them.http://www.hotukdeals.com/item/492270/anyone-buying-a-new-psp-go-tomorrow/images/smilies/umnik2.gif

I still cant quite get my head around why they are so expensive. its surely cant be the £1.50 bluetooth adaptor in the ******s. They should be cheaper if anything ! If you could transfer your old games and they cost £100 Id have bought one.

I going to go out on a limb and say this will be one of the biggest flops in handheld history, selling about as many as the neo geo pocket.

Original Poster

Alot of people Download their Music for Example through the Itunes they pay full price for music and films and videos. Exactly the same way through the PSN Store. Now tell me whats wrong with the part of people wanting to download their software,music,films, Legally and digitally and instantly and quickly through the internet? No one can really argue this.

Yes you can buy a game from the retail store. Yes you can get it slightly cheaper if you hunt around. But at the end of the day the PSP Go has been manufactuered for the Digital Market and for people who prefer Digital Software, And for new buyers who are used to this rather than spending time and heading to the shops on the weekend. My girlfriends dad buys all his software, music digitally and never steps foot in a shop when he has free time. It's just a new way of doing things and people need to get used to this with the evolving market for digital content.

I'm buying one of these tomorrow as I dont have an Original PSP Anymore and want something new and swish. I'm always pronond for having the latest gadgets and tech so it's nothing out of the ordinary for me. It'll be alot more convieniant for me. I'm sure alot of you will change your mind about this when you see someone on the train playing it and wanting ago simply because it's new and cool lol my opinion of course i'm happy to see everyones view on this as not everyone wants it of course. Just until the full idea has been put in the spotlight alot of people willl just accept it and get used to it.

Marky264;6444920

Alot of people Download their Music for Example through the Itunes they … Alot of people Download their Music for Example through the Itunes they pay full price for music and films and videos. Exactly the same way through the PSN Store. Now tell me whats wrong with the part of people wanting to download their software,music,films, Legally and digitally and instantly and quickly through the internet? No one can really argue this.

Apart from the fact you can do EXACTLY the same on the psp2000/3000 for half the price, but with a larger screen and more options of buying umd films etc very cheaply and not being locked into Sony extortionate pricing system. :roll: You can still download games off the the PSN on the old PSP you know

Its your money mate but I woulnt let you control my finances

Original Poster

iNSOMANiAC;6444956

Apart from the fact you can do EXACTLY the same on the psp2000/3000 for … Apart from the fact you can do EXACTLY the same on the psp2000/3000 for half the price, but with a larger screen and more options of buying umd films etc very cheaply and not being locked into Sony extortionate pricing system. :roll: You can still download games off the the PSN on the old PSP you know Its your money mate but I woulnt let you control my finances

It's all down to people choice really. £200 is not a bad price for a NEW RELEASE, This will drop dont you think? Remember how much the original PSP was sold at? 16GB Internal Memory? How much would an Official Sony 16GB Memory Stick Duo Cost on the retailers shelves? Even a bloody ipod touch brand new 16GB Is at the same price points.

Marky264;6445190

It's all down to people choice really. £200 is not a bad price for a NEW … It's all down to people choice really. £200 is not a bad price for a NEW RELEASE, This will drop dont you think? Remember how much the original PSP was sold at? 16GB Internal Memory? How much would an Official Sony 16GB Memory Stick Duo Cost on the retailers shelves? Even a bloody ipod touch brand new 16GB Is at the same price points.

Yes but the ipod touch IMPROVES with each generation not goes backwards, and isnt based on five year old technology at double the price. if you want to play over £100.00 extra for 16gb of internal memory and a limited choice of overpriced games then good luck to you, theres is some decent games on the psp I just hope they available to you to buy with your mountain of cash :thumbsup:

Oh an of course the price will drop, I would say in two minths you will be able to get one for at the most £150.00, Sony are preying on the gullible at launch and when its a spectacular flop they will have to start flogging them of at dscount price.

Original Poster

iNSOMANiAC;6445240

Yes but the ipod touch IMPROVES with each generation not goes backwards, … Yes but the ipod touch IMPROVES with each generation not goes backwards, and isnt based on five year old technology at double the price. if you want to play over £100.00 extra for 16gb of internal memory and a limited choice of overpriced games then good luck to you, theres is some decent games on the psp I just hope they available to you to buy with your mountain of cash :thumbsup:

The way I see it is that I want a fresh new hand held not the same PSP i've had the for last 4 years. Even if it has the same technology in it I dont see any PSP2's coming around any time soon. I want to simply upgrade to a console which alot of people do. I dont have a mountain of cash it's what I want for my Birthday present. that i've paid half for. And only game I want on the thing at the start of playing will be Gran Turismo. It's the only game i've wanted to play when on the Go.

You cant really say that thing about New Technology. Would you frown at every person who wants to update their phone every couple of months simply because they're bored of the colour or design? No.

Marky264;6445293

You cant really say that thing about New Technology. Would you frown at … You cant really say that thing about New Technology. Would you frown at every person who wants to update their phone every couple of months simply because they're bored of the colour or design? No.

I would if they were paying double for the same five year old phone in a new case and could only ring certain people but I can see im never going to convince you so Ill say no more on the matter, enjoy !

Original Poster

iNSOMANiAC;6445351

I would if they were paying double for the same five year old phone in a … I would if they were paying double for the same five year old phone in a new case and could only ring certain people but I can see im never going to convince you so Ill say no more on the matter, enjoy !

indeed it's a continuous process that everyone will go through in terms of phones lol I can see where your coming from buddy it's just a new gadget for me that i'll stick with. i'll defo enjoy it though

Marky264;6444920

Alot of people Download their Music for Example through the Itunes they … Alot of people Download their Music for Example through the Itunes they pay full price for music and films and videos.

Yes, but if I really want to pay to download music, I have a choice of stores to use (assuming I am not locked into the evil that is iTunes). There is therefore price competition, and I can pick up a bargain now and again.

If I buy the PSPGo I am tied exclusively to the PSN store, and their prices, where downloading a new PSP title will cost me approximately one arm and one leg.

If you don't like the PSP Go then quit whinging about it and enjoy your 1000/2000/3000 ffs. If Sony discontinued the 3000 and only released the Go then fair enough complain because it makes UMD's obsolete and gives the consumer no choice at all. To the people that think the controls look akward, the price is too much, Sony are going to overprice all content and compared to past iterations the Go is not that much better, well then get the 3000, Sony are still releasing games on UMD. I want the Go because I like how it looks and it's portability, am getting 4 free games with it and the price isn't an issue for me. Looking forward to getting the Go tomorrow, I hope it does arrive though, Play sent it today and the tracking hasn't updated all day!

Banned

still cant get my head around why someone would buy a psp go over a psp slim

smaller screen, no UMD and download only games for twice the price

more money than sense springs to mind

bizarre!

does anyone know how much games 16gb will hold

Wouldn't touch one of these with a 10ft barge pole. No physical media, no sale.

The current approaches to digital distribution are inherently flawed as far as the consumer is concerned. What happens if your file is corrupted, what happens if your storage device fails, what happens if it's DRM'd and the company that sold it to you goes tits up or decides it no longer supports that product, etc. etc. Chances are you would, at the very least have to buy the same thing again (great for the likes of Sony, crap for us) or even be stuck without it altogether. Digital copies inherently have less value than physical (they're much much cheaper to produce for a start), yet they usually cost the same or more than physical copies, plus you can't sell it on should you wish. With physical media I'm legally entitled to make a backup copy, not so with digital. etc. etc. All that equates to the fact that you never own what you brought, you're effectively just renting it.

No thanks, I'm sticking with physical media until I can get the same rights (or more) with digital media. The only thing that comes close to a decent digital service is Steam, and that's still reliant on the continued support and good graces of Valve.

Banned

psp crap

Banned

dont forget you can get 3 "free" games as well if you already have 3 umd discs hanging around at home.....havnt seen this posted anywhere so in case anybody isnt aware:)

The PSPgo rewards scheme will allow you to kick start your Go collection with a couple of free games for those who currently own an older PSP.

What you'll be able to do is download 3 games from a selection of 17, these can either be games from your current UMD collection or 3 new titles. The full list is as follows:

Killzone Liberation

Medievil

Wipeout Pure

Buzz Brain Bender

Buzz Master Quiz

SOCOM U.S. Navy SEALs: Fireteam Bravo

Ratchet & Clank: Size Matters

Everybody's Golf

Resistance: Retribution

Syphon Filter Dark Mirror

Lemmings

LocoRoco

Patapon

Syphon Filter: Logan's Shadow

Echochrome

Pursuit Force: Extreme Justice

Daxter

The process of obtaining these titles is as follows

1. Unwrap your shiny new PSPgo and start it up

2. Connect to PlayStation®Network and activate your new or existing PlayStation Network account for PSPgo Rewards

3. Start up your current PSP and connect to PlayStation Network

4. Login using the same PlayStation Network account , and launch PlayStation®Store

5. Pop one of your UMDs into the drive of your current PSP and register on PSPgo Rewards when prompted

6. Download a PSPgo theme

7. Wait for your email voucher for your three free games

8. Choose, download and enjoy!

This is going to begin on 1 October 2009 and will run until 31 March 2010.

community.eu.playstation.com/pla…296

Banned

not to mention that a digital download has zero re-sale value whereas the physical media does.

and you'll be forking out for a fir few memory cards too!

e.g tiger woods 2010 is 1.6GB alone so only 10 games per card!

fanpages;6448408

I am with you on all the points you raised, with the exception of the … I am with you on all the points you raised, with the exception of the costs of digital distribution.Apart from the PSP Minis (aimed towards smaller developers), Sony charges (third party) Publishers (or end Developers) per Megabyte for the content they store on the PlayStation Network. It is certainly not free to distribute electronically.

I didn't say free, I said cheaper :thumbsup:. No packaging costs, no shipping, no bribing retailers for more shelf space :whistling: etc.. Just a bit of artwork and a slightly larger slice of pie to Sony (or Microsoft, Apple, Nintendo etc.) to cover things like bandwidth, promotion (game of the week type stuff), etc.

fanpages;6448408

The prices are also set to the Recommended Retail Price of the same title … The prices are also set to the Recommended Retail Price of the same title available on Universal Media Disc (or Blu-ray Disc) so that the digital distribution channels are not in direct competition with the high street or online retailers..If the PlayStation Network (Xbox Live, or the Wii Shop Channel) did undercut the core retailers then the retailers would be less inclined to sell the physical hardware for the software titles.GAME, for instance, would lose around 30% of their annual profit if the pre-owned market was no longer available, so the prices are kept high for digital copies of the titles so that you still have the option to buy the physical products if you wish.

Yes that is the justification commonly used for the high prices, but ultimately that's the point isn't it; to kill off pre-owned sales and channel all that extra revenue direct to new sales. At least that's the way publishers and platform holders see it..... But once they do that they're not suddenly going to drop the prices to more competitive levels out of the goodness of their heart are they ;-). I doubt Sony really expect to sell that many Go's, I think this is all just an exercise to see how much they can get away with before the consumers and retailers cry foul.

Banned

its a trial for the next generation in consoles...... blatantly just testing the water

but yes all games will be downloads only before long so may as well jump onboard if you can afford it:)

Marky264;6445293
And only game I want on the thing at the start of playing will be Gran Turismo. It's the only game i've wanted to play when on the Go.

How are you with disapointments? It's not much cop... there are only 4 cars on the track at any one time...

Motorstom AE on the other hand is easily one of the best PSP games I've ever played.

Incidentally, this will also be the only console I haven't purchased on launch day for about 20 years and I imported my original PSP from Japan, I recognise the emperors new clothes when I see it.

casparwhite;6448931

its a trial for the next generation in consoles...... blatantly just … its a trial for the next generation in consoles...... blatantly just testing the waterbut yes all games will be downloads only before long so may as well jump onboard if you can afford it:)

The high price of being raped up the **** by big business!

how much is it,

flp14344;6449266

how much is it,

Tomorrow - £200 (ish)

Just after xmas - £130-£150 would be my guess... I'd even go so far as to say it'll be a failure compared to the relatively lukewarm response of the DSi

16GB is pitiful. You'd think with the excessive price they'd try selling it as a portable multimedia player alot harder by having more space available - out of the box.

Wtf can you do with 16GB. A few films, a clutch games and your moving stuff back and forth with 100mb spare.

I'll wait till they increase the memory size and the price drops, even though I still won't need one.

Is there no memory expansion slot?

Banned

im giving the psp go a miss, it doesnt offer much other than being 100% digital,

if they had brought out a psp with hd display and upscaled the games a bit i would defo buy one, dreams eh lol

iv been through a lot of psp games mostly via download to try them b4 i buy, i did not like any of them at all ,
only 2 games i like this is saying something i never play a psp longer than 20mins beacuse of the lack of games and them being crud,

gt psp 7hrs solid yesterday umd and today past few hours that game is legend btw
motorstorm is actully quite good, need to wait and see what lbp psp is like

dj_urban;6449409

if they had brought out a psp with hd display and upscaled the games a … if they had brought out a psp with hd display and upscaled the games a bit i would defo buy one, dreams eh lol

The existing PSP is HD isn't it?
Post a comment
@
    Text
    Top Discussions
    1. Microsoft Surface Pro - reviews/comments/alternatives!33
    2. amazon echo idiots guide57
    3. Laptop help33
    4. Camera lens55

See more discussions