Anyone called 101 and got an answer?

Found 31st May
Group of boys hanging out in front of my house taking drugs and making noise 10pm to 4am past months. Cannot sleep .Called 101 and held the line for very long times. Not got a single answer. Yes I’ve contacted the council which is a a lengthy process, I just want to sleep
Community Updates
AskGame of Thrones
15 Comments
Ive contacted 101 at different times. Every time the call is answered after a very long wait. Calls late at night is answered longer than daytime. It is ridiculous but it’s down to them under resourced.

Have you spoken to Environmental Health? From my understanding it does mean having to keep reporting these instances to police every time it happens but like you say it is a very lengthy process.

Once you have managed to report it to the police you can ask for clearance to call on 999 and in many cases they do authorise this and is noted on your file so you can call for reporting these gangs. It may lead to police calling round if they are busy but at least the call is reported.

A long time a go our neighbourhood had group of 4-6 boys aged 13-16 vandalising cars late at night smoking and drug dealing. The community police kept knocking door to door at the time to remind us to call 999 and keep log of these instances. It helped us file a case for them to be evicted from area and from my understanding put a order on them of not allowed to be out after 7pm.
I've only called it once - got an answer straight away and they also called me back saying they couldn't find the group that I reported.
Hit and miss really. Most times it gets answered within a few minutes. The last time we called I was on hold for 20 mins.
Usually If you call the police stating you feel harassed, alarmed or distressed they will send someone round if they have resources.
pricesavvy13 h, 38 m ago

Ive contacted 101 at different times. Every time the call is answered …Ive contacted 101 at different times. Every time the call is answered after a very long wait. Calls late at night is answered longer than daytime. It is ridiculous but it’s down to them under resourced. Have you spoken to Environmental Health? From my understanding it does mean having to keep reporting these instances to police every time it happens but like you say it is a very lengthy process. Once you have managed to report it to the police you can ask for clearance to call on 999 and in many cases they do authorise this and is noted on your file so you can call for reporting these gangs. It may lead to police calling round if they are busy but at least the call is reported. A long time a go our neighbourhood had group of 4-6 boys aged 13-16 vandalising cars late at night smoking and drug dealing. The community police kept knocking door to door at the time to remind us to call 999 and keep log of these instances. It helped us file a case for them to be evicted from area and from my understanding put a order on them of not allowed to be out after 7pm.

Hi I’ve just checked environmental health leads to the same lease as council. Thanks.
Just been to visit police station to file a report but station is closed just my luck. It says should be open on google.
SerpentSuicide4 h, 0 m ago

Usually If you call the police stating you feel harassed, alarmed or …Usually If you call the police stating you feel harassed, alarmed or distressed they will send someone round if they have resources.

Thanks I do feel that way how many times can you ask nicely to shut up till you snap. I know they will say it’s not priority and then they will wait till a fight happens which the can prevent.
MR11233 m ago

Just been to visit police station to file a report but station is closed …Just been to visit police station to file a report but station is closed just my luck. It says should be open on google.

We don’t even have a police station anymore! They closed it two weeks back and examples like this make it rather ridiculous for them to close it.
We have to wait 45 minutes for an answer where we live, and they wonder why so many people call 999
MR11231 h, 38 m ago

Thanks I do feel that way how many times can you ask nicely to shut up …Thanks I do feel that way how many times can you ask nicely to shut up till you snap. I know they will say it’s not priority and then they will wait till a fight happens which the can prevent.

All depends on what you tell them. If you believe drug dealing is taking place that would make them react. I’d report them as soon as possible.
Three times, all within 5minutes.
I've called quite a few times and been answered within minutes to half an hour pot luck by the looks of it.

Hope you get it sorted i can't stand noise at night so i feel for you.
don't a lot of police forces now use twitter maybe you could report via that or email if it's ongoing and see how you get on. I don't actually know if this is possible just thinking out loud really.
I phoned 101 to report a dodgy guy selling tat from door to door and mainly targeting old people, who quite often seemed to give him £10 just to get him to leave them alone.

The police were sent to the village within 10 mins and caught up with him apparently.

I also phoned 111 once when I was coughing up blood clots and spoke to an out of hours GP at the hospital who booked for me to see a doc at the hospital within 10 mins. That process took probably 5 mins of questions, 20 mins of waiting for a call back, 5 mins of questions and 10 mins travel to see the doc so about an hour. Very good imo.

I think it’s shameful that 101 costs anything at all to phone and very short sighted.
saltedcrisps13 h, 56 m ago

Hit and miss really. Most times it gets answered within a few minutes. The …Hit and miss really. Most times it gets answered within a few minutes. The last time we called I was on hold for 20 mins.

Same here, gave up in the end, the scrout who I was reporting got his comeuppance a few weeks later though 😁
Post a comment
@
    Text

Top Discussions

Top Merchants