Anyone called virgin recently?

Posted 26th Mar
Hi. I've been trying to call virgin the last 3 days and every single time, while waiting to get through, I get cut off after about 30min. Any one having the same issues? At the end of my contract and need to speak to them.
Community Updates
Ask

Groups

Top comments
Not been called a virgin for years
19 Comments
40193115-g6W9u.jpg
Edited by: "fearona" 26th Mar
fearona26/03/2020 14:32

[Image]

Thanks. I totally get that but does that mean that we cannot call them then? Whats the point of waiting on hold to just be cut off after 30min without speaking to someone. There's just no clarity as to what we can do. I've tried the chat and it's either not available or doesn't connect.
Not been called a virgin for years
I called them on Tuesday and got straight through no wait time at all, try ringing every hour or so
I tried calling them on Monday because I had cancelled 2 weeks ago hoping for a retention deal. Just my luck... lmao. I had to phone to make sure I wasn't cut off on the 3rd next month.

Could not get through.
Tried 2 hours Mon, 2 hours Tues, 2 hours from 8am Wed - nothing.
I ended up managing to find a number to text, text it on Monday after I tried phoning a gazillion times and it took them 3 days to reply.

Good luck, seriously.
I called yesterday, took 50 mins to get through to someone
DevilsReaper26/03/2020 15:27

I called yesterday, took 50 mins to get through to someone

I don't mind waiting to get through to someone but literally get cut off when I try. I've seen on twitter that they're checking whether it's a vulnerable person who is calling but not sure how true that its. On hold again now after being cut off after 40min a moment ago.
Been on the phone now for 40 mins. Still waiting. Lots of jazzy music that inexplicably stops and all is silent - I think, oh no! believing the line is dropped, followed by relief as another crappy period of rubbish music begins...my life...

still waiting...
Edited by: "jenniesherman" 26th Mar
porradude26/03/2020 15:30

I don't mind waiting to get through to someone but literally get cut off …I don't mind waiting to get through to someone but literally get cut off when I try. I've seen on twitter that they're checking whether it's a vulnerable person who is calling but not sure how true that its. On hold again now after being cut off after 40min a moment ago.

Probably depends on which department you are trying to get through to. I wanted billing and didn't experience any cut offs, just a long wait.

Virgins product is fantastic but customer service is the absolute worst i've ever experienced.
Virgin YW
I have no problem with them closing their call centres for their staff's health etc.

But I resent the email they sent me today to say my package is going to increase from £30 to £51 in 3 weeks - how about just putting things in hold until the worst is over?

I don't want to have to call them. I don't want their non-key workers have to come in. But I have no option thanks to VM!
Edited by: "Gollywood" 26th Mar
Gollywood26/03/2020 18:30

I have no problem with them closing their call centres for their staff's …I have no problem with them closing their call centres for their staff's health etc.But I resent the email they sent me today to say my package is going to increase from £30 to £51 in 3 weeks - how about just putting things in hold until the worst is over?I don't want to have to call them. I don't want their non-key workers have to come in. But I have no option thanks to VM!

This is exactly the problem. I've tried to call them 4 times today and have been cut off every time after at least 30min. If I don't call, my contract will just roll over and I'll pay more than I can afford.
porradude26/03/2020 18:34

This is exactly the problem. I've tried to call them 4 times today and …This is exactly the problem. I've tried to call them 4 times today and have been cut off every time after at least 30min. If I don't call, my contract will just roll over and I'll pay more than I can afford.

Virgin as a brand name is so heavily tainted in my eyes.

They started off as something revolutionary, anti establishment yet turned into this evil empire
I tried calling on Monday waited 50 min and then got cut off so have given up..
With everything that's going just going to wait it out
I negotiated a new deal with Virgin but when the deal appeared on my account it was not as agreed.
I have rung 5 times (all calls routed to India who only seem operate a tick box culture ) and was promised the amendments would be made which all failed to materialise.
I will wait for a return towards normality before I try again.
Tried the other day and give up
My broadband bill is incorrect by more than double . Called twice waited 1hr phone cut both times.
Don't pay em, they soon get in touch. Such a lovely firm
I’m in the same boat contract is up need to speak to someone been trying for days now just be put on hold forever and then I give up tried their chat no answer and no reply from their we’ll get back to you msg thing either
Post a comment
@
    Text

Discussions

Discussions

Top Merchants