Expired

Anyone dealt with EYG for windows?

Found 26th Feb 2012
Has anytone has any good or bad dealings with EYG? I saw them on a stand at Homebase and have arranged a visit this week. I need 7 windows and a 3.5m bifold door.

Can anyone say whether they are good on quality/price/fitting/after service?

Thanks in advance.
Community Updates
MiscWindows
54 Comments
EYG are low quality windows, Duraflex are a good window, rehau are even better - check out instantwindowquote.co.uk for good prices at good quality - I bought my windows from there and saved a packet - had to find my own fitter - there are loads out there. Really pleased with my windows even happier with price!
EYG are the name of the company not the 'brand' of window. How do you know what type of window they fit??
Use a small local company with a good reputation.

Most of the bigger companies are over priced and employ some poor fitters.
Inactive

Use a small local company with a good reputation.Most of the bigger … Use a small local company with a good reputation.Most of the bigger companies are over priced and employ some poor fitters.

^^^^^^ This

My mate fits windows for everest and always has stories of how people pay twice or more what the actual windows would have cost had the customer haggled. He also states they have far too little time allocated to each window to make a good job of it.
Yeah, I can see both sides. Small local companies may have lower overheads but may have to pay higher prices as they only purchase from a manufacturer. Where as a larger company who manufacture their own windows may get the windows cheap but have higher overheads with marketing etc!

I have used Needhams from Loughborough before who were good and make their own frames. I don't like Anglian as I nearly had to throw him out to get rid of him when we had a conservatory quote. He said the list price was 20k, he finally came to 10k if we signed up there and then, we ended up getting a great job for 7k from Needhams. And Safe style I wouldn't touch with a barge pole for similar reasons as Anglian.....they tried to make me feel bad for not signing up on the day when they had knocked on my door offering a free no obligation quote!

DON'T use Anglian windows,DIRE.
Rehau are good windows but can be let down by the fitter who bodges things up on installation!we had a recommended supplier,local firm did some,it and turned into a fiasco,ended up with Starglaze who a local reputable builder uses for Forces and British Legion funded work contracted to finish off the job.
Don,t part with more than 10% as a deposit either.Best of luck....
scholesy

EYG are the name of the company not the 'brand' of window. How do you … EYG are the name of the company not the 'brand' of window. How do you know what type of window they fit??

Should have said EYG sell low quality windows - I did look at them but decided against.
As with most things - if you go with a personal recommendation you should be safe.
Good Luck
EYG Hull. They sent fascia fitters for installation of French windows, poor quality workmanship. Beading cut too short and poor jointing, the doors weren't level 5mm difference, they removed my dust sheets protecting tiled floor then dragged their tool box/stepup patentionally scratching the surface, use my toilet but didnt wash their hands, sealing the window frame to brickwork with silicone licking fingers to smooth silcone (unwashed hands) health issues here (silicone) what's wrong with soapy water? Re-fastened alarm contacts with no instruction to do so (drilled holes in frame) have been told this could invalidate the 10 year warranty, stain glass panels were missing had to be fitted by another fitter the next day (another day off work), we asked for a low threshold it's the same height as the old one, they recycled part of the old timber frame to fill a gap to the carpet (this piece has two fractures) and now 6 months after installion one door doesn't lock/seal properly very drafty (winter) repair date 6 weeks Jan 2013.
Had three windows fitted by EYG Two windows were scratched, waited 4 weeks for units to be replaced.
The third window has a big gap and won't close properly, 5 weeks on still waiting for a new hinge to be fitted, I've tried filling the gap with cling film and sellotape, to stop the draught.
Not impressed with this company at all.
Had 2 doors installed by EYG in Mar 2012, poorly fitted and cut to the lowest tollerance meaning I'm constantly getting draughts. EYG response was rude and these are stated as minor issues and sometimes a draught cannot be resolved. If I'd have known this then iI wouldn't have changed the doors. The CEO Nick Ward doesn't care about customers nor the issues when I wrote the truth on EYG facebook page he sent me an email saying stop putting Nasty comments on fb. I said its the truth
Had eyg round today . Quoted 3 times more than everyone else , then said I'd waisted his time cos I turned down his price. Then said I should have apologized for missing his first visit . If they offered them free I would tell him to get lost
annebridson

Had eyg round today . Quoted 3 times more than everyone else , then said … Had eyg round today . Quoted 3 times more than everyone else , then said I'd waisted his time cos I turned down his price. Then said I should have apologized for missing his first visit . If they offered them free I would tell him to get lost

Classic 1970s sales technique.Make the customer feel guilty about not buying. Chuck them out and tell them to go back to sales school.
One window salesman I had round refused to show me the windows until the lady of the house was present...He was slung out.
absolute cowboy fitters , lying salesmen and absolute cow in the installations department who is a liar
I've just had my second house do with eyg great products and service as usual . The fitters terry and Jon were great even did some sealant work in my bathroom free great lads .
had all my windows replaced by EYG and very pleased so much so have now had a conservetory built and a new front door and the gutters and fascias. all done on time , all the workmen were pleasant and left the work area clean. certainly wouldnt have spent so much money if the first job wasnt so good. so sorry other people had such bad reviews.
Inactive

Use a small local company with a good reputation.Most of the bigger … Use a small local company with a good reputation.Most of the bigger companies are over priced and employ some poor fitters.

THIS THIS AND THIS!
Louise5232

I've just had my second house do with eyg great products and service as … I've just had my second house do with eyg great products and service as usual . The fitters terry and Jon were great even did some sealant work in my bathroom free great lads .

herinspalding

had all my windows replaced by EYG and very pleased so much so have now … had all my windows replaced by EYG and very pleased so much so have now had a conservetory built and a new front door and the gutters and fascias. all done on time , all the workmen were pleasant and left the work area clean. certainly wouldnt have spent so much money if the first job wasnt so good. so sorry other people had such bad reviews.

So you both work for EYG ? Anyone who takes notice and orders products after reading online reviewers like you two are idiots and deserve to be ripped off
I contacted them two years ago for a quote, very pushy and I chose another small company, who did a great job. Since then EYG have rung on a weekly basis to try and sell me windows. I have told them I have had the work done but it makes no difference. I have asked them to take off my details as I don't want to hear from them, they say they will but still get my weekly call. My advise don't touch them with a barge pole. Go for a small personal company. You will never get rid of EYG !! The company had a good name years ago but not now.
Op already has his windows. I don't think he used them
I have mixed feelings about EYG. They installed windows for me 2 years ago and the order and installation went through smoothly. Then 3 weeks ago I had a further 6 windows and new front door installed. The wait for installation was 9 weeks and they needed chasing on that, the team who installed were over-worked and not were allocated enough time to fit the windows and worked very long days which I think affected the overall finish. The guys themselves were fine and polite, cleaned up well, no problems.

My main beef with them is the service engineers/after sales customer service. One of my windows needed re-sealing as the sealant looked scruffy and my new door's handle was scratched. They don't ring you when they say they will, cancel appointments at the last minute when you have got days off work, don't show an awful lot of compassion for your plight at all.

Oh and don't let them do your fascias, guttering etc they are far too expensive for bits of plastic, shop around, we did, got ours done for £900 instead of £3,000 that EYG quoted.
I would suggest getting four quotes from firms recommended on checkatrade - you can usually determine who will do a decent job based on their feedback, meeting them and getting their quote.
I spoke to my parents the other day who had the chap from EYG round (I didn't know they were getting them tround!). Apparently he was very 'pally' and asking where they work and what they do etc etc. It was mum who had to prompt him that maybe they should go outside and actually look at the area and get some ideas. Then when she said she had to go out soon he looked surprised, dad then said that he needed to go out a bit later too. His reply was 'oh, I've only been round here about an hour, nomally I spend at least 3 hours with customers but if we said that at the start nobody would ever book an appointment with us'. Needless to say the reply was along the lines 'well if you don't tell people that don't be surprised when they have to leave and ask you to go!'

Don't think they will be using them......
My only comment is that nine years after having EYG fit my conservatory the roof is still not right. Leaks, week one, roof panel blown in month 12, various attempts to change the panel leading eventually to a new roof in 2010. Two more panels failed as they had been wrongly fitted in 2010, still waiting for "them to come in". Over 50 phone calls, terrible service - they never call back. Just about to write to the head man but I doubt that will make an iota of difference. Just had all my windows replaced by a local firm with no issues. Would not use EYG again if they were the only option on the planet

I had windows/doors fitted by eyg in 2010 stay well clear! Sent the wrong glazed windows to start with poor customer service and 3 years on handles have tarnished absolute rubbish for the money I paid
EYG have very pushy sales staff,we had some work done by them but when we had a problem with a porch door they'd fitted they were so unhelpful,to the point of rude,didn't return calls,and now refuse to admit that the door damage is their fault. Will Never recommend them,in fact I'm going to be reporting them to the ombudsmen
had windows fitted by eyg.window catches were poor quality and keep breaking.one window was so badly fitted it leaked,this window was loose and has caused me very bad damp,an eyg engineer came to look at it and told me it was fine and didnt have a problem.i called them again they sent another guy who said it was badly fitted,and out of date beading fitted,and shown me movement in window etc.they arranged for this to be repaired but never turned up.arranged another visit,still not turned up.i have had to re,plaster that room due to the damp and now needs doing again,not to mention numerous coats of paint.eyg say they will not compensate for this.next i will take them to court.if you value your property please DO NOT USE EYG,,,very very poor service.
Good news, these scammers seem to be selling the shop in Scarborough, so they may be going into liquidation due to a bad reputation. You may loose all you're money if you buy from this company.
Awful. Do not use. The service has been terrible for me. I would not recommend them at all. I have had doors fitted and, although the quality of the door are finally to my satisfactory, the service I have received from the company has been appalling. I have had to chase them for everything and they are very dismissive of concerns. I would definitely not recommend them.
I have had 5 windows supplied by EYG, the called last minute to cancel delivery then 1 turned up defective and then when fitted four were 10mm over tolerance and one was 50mm I had to buy trim to hid their failure.
Three weeks on after they admitted fault, no apology or email or compensation offer, I have had to contact FENSA.
Don't use
I worked for EYG for many months, therefore know what goes on behind the scenes.

They will rip you off BIG TIME, the quality is very poor and they will not repair anything that WILL go wrong once you have had any work done. Just letting you know
Very expensive quote, rude when I turned down their offer. Would never use this company!
Had EYG fit windows for the front of my house, with noise reduction glass as I live on a busy road. Pleased with windows, there was a problem after the fit but they came and sorted quickly. Overall I would use them, they were not the most expensive but not the cheapest either, but I wanted to go with a company that would fix any problems if anything went wrong.
Sales rep. was not pushy,was prepared to bargain,and came down to a fair price.The double glazing fitters were fine&did a good job.The facia and gutters/drain pipe fitters damaged the drainage by smashing the pipes off,filling the drain with soil(2)and one wall drains down the wall instead of into the guttering.NOT FIT FOR PURPOSE! when ringing to complain was told our fitters don't do things like that.YES HE DID! After he started work ihad to go out for 20mins.on return I saw he was fitting the facia on top of the old(90 year)rotten wood. I had arranged full removel with the surveyor,he had also missed out a drain pipe(it was on the plan).I told him it had to come off .He said "What do they know, we always fix facia to the old wood ". The side that is not fit for purpose was discussed with the surveyor, and was ignored .Not enough communication between surveyor and fitters and remember the fitters are self employed,they lease EYG vans. I AM STILL WAITING FOR THE SURVEYOR! 10 year guarantee;or 1 day in court.
my sister in law had a couple of doors fitted quite some time ago which are now very draughty as the draught excluding material has flattened and the door will not seat properly. Despite having her number listed on TPS and repeatedly telling the ignorant woman not to keep calling her number she still calls repeatedly. The matter is now in the hands of TPS and the ICO for the second time. I hope they get stuffed the bloody vultures.

Anyone who buys windows from them after reading the reviews here deserve all they get.
Well said. I stopped the phone calls by charmingly saying that I make a charge for my time, as it is just as valuble as theirs, if not more so! but was happy to speak to staff about windows, problems with their children or my cats birthday party, I was prepared to give them my unlimited time, at a cost. I did point out if non payment then it would be small claims court and Scarboro evening News, I never got another call but I do class all these calls as harassment and I will fight back.
alanoliva

my sister in law had a couple of doors fitted quite some time ago which … my sister in law had a couple of doors fitted quite some time ago which are now very draughty as the draught excluding material has flattened and the door will not seat properly. Despite having her number listed on TPS and repeatedly telling the ignorant woman not to keep calling her number she still calls repeatedly. The matter is now in the hands of TPS and the ICO for the second time. I hope they get stuffed the bloody vultures.Anyone who buys windows from them after reading the reviews here deserve all they get.

I had some work done with them nearly two years ago. While the job was done to my satisfaction, the repeated calls about any future work have become annoying and now WOULD NEVER USE THEM AGAIN. TPS have been informed in regards to this too....
Complete idiots - whatever you do do not give them your phone number!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
This company is intolerable. They refuse to stop phoning me despite my wife recently having just passed away. I have already had nearly 50 calls from them this year. I am now taking out a writ against them for harassment and have already reported them to the relevant authorities. They promise each time to take your name off their list but never do...you just get MORE calls. It is so bad I am also changing my telephone number.
I had the same problem and stopped it when I answered yet another call with " Thank you for calling me but I must point out I will be charging you for my time and this morning I would like to tell you how I fount my stray cat, the time starts now" I never heard from them again ??
Post a comment
@
    Text

Top Discussions

Top Merchants