Groups

Anyone Dealt With MotorEasy used car warranty?

Was looking to get another 3 years warranty on my
    Golf R and saw MotorEasy advertised on AutoTrader. Has anyone dealt / heard any reviews about them? Cant find any reviews!

17 Comments

AlfieW123

Was looking to get another 3 years warranty on myGolf R and saw … Was looking to get another 3 years warranty on myGolf R and saw MotorEasy advertised on AutoTrader. Has anyone dealt / heard any reviews about them? Cant find any reviews!

Had a few issues but after speaking with one of the head engineers and sorting things out all is good, worth having and keeping. I have plan b

Original Poster

TAIT1980

Had a few issues but after speaking with one of the head engineers and … Had a few issues but after speaking with one of the head engineers and sorting things out all is good, worth having and keeping. I have plan b

How much did you pay for yours? And have you made much use of it yet?

Mine came in at £970 for 3 years, not sure if it will be worth it

Signed up with MotorEasy in October and 'My Account' with them is still inaccurate - has the wrong car reg number on it despite a number of calls to change it (personalised plate). They are quick to take the money but very poor on detail and customer wishes, handing the engineering bookings over to an outfit called MotorAngel. Specifically stated that I didn't want to use Halfords for an MOT and Major service and they agreed another local company (one on their approved list) so where did the booking go - Halfords. They also want the service money upfront so as of this moment I am very unimpressed.
    Can't comment on their support for claims though as I have had none.

Don't bother! Took one out, spoke to a chap called Raj who couldn't do enough for me whilst on the phone. $ months later I'm sat in a Jaguar show room facing a £500+ bill . Not covered! Well cheesed off. I'm cancelling my policy and saving myself £40 a month that could go toward any repairs I may face in the future.

AlfieW123

Was looking to get another 3 years warranty on myGolf R and saw … Was looking to get another 3 years warranty on myGolf R and saw MotorEasy advertised on AutoTrader. Has anyone dealt / heard any reviews about them? Cant find any reviews!

Original Poster

MotorEasySham

Don't bother! Took one out, spoke to a chap called Raj who couldn't do … Don't bother! Took one out, spoke to a chap called Raj who couldn't do enough for me whilst on the phone. $ months later I'm sat in a Jaguar show room facing a £500+ bill . Not covered! Well cheesed off. I'm cancelling my policy and saving myself £40 a month that could go toward any repairs I may face in the future.

Think thats the same guy that spoke to me, guess Ill pass then

MotorEasySham

Don't bother! Took one out, spoke to a chap called Raj who couldn't do … Don't bother! Took one out, spoke to a chap called Raj who couldn't do enough for me whilst on the phone. $ months later I'm sat in a Jaguar show room facing a £500+ bill . Not covered! Well cheesed off. I'm cancelling my policy and saving myself £40 a month that could go toward any repairs I may face in the future.

Took out warranty with motoreasy in Nov.16 supposed to be top rated cover for my Jaguar ."Raj" told me everything covered including mot failures....fault on door latch electronics...refused to pay....oil leak from failed turbo oil pipe ....refused to pay. Fault in rear wiring harness.....refused to pay.
    I payed over £400 for a warranty with motoreasy and will never touch them again and I strongly recommend that everyone else does the same. Their cover is worthless
    Edited by: "Gordon71" 17th Apr

I signed up to motoreasy in November. So glad I did! They just paid out £1,175 for a new gearbox. Just had to share this with you all.

Dentistry

I signed up to motoreasy in November. So glad I did! They just paid out … I signed up to motoreasy in November. So glad I did! They just paid out £1,175 for a new gearbox. Just had to share this with you all.

Signed up today to share the great news about this company? How you doing Raj keeping well?

Why shouldn't I be able to leave recognition if I feel it's due. In my experience, they came through and were professional from start to finish.

DO NOT BUY. Spent most of the day arguing with them. Told me lies and more lies. Spoke to garage direct got totally different story. Car passed health check with flying colours. Motoreasy say fault was pre-existing and that it must of been missed in health check. Anything but pay out. Please save yourself time and money and go elsewhere.

Motoreasy warranties are uninsured and therefore unregulated products. Beware.

Taken out a warranty with Motoreasy and now car has developed a fault. Told me to take the car to one of their network garages. Diagnosed as fault in automatic gearbox. Garage said they can't repair it as they don't do automatic gearboxes. (!) Neither the garage or Motoreasy bothered to phone me to say I could collect the car so I had to leave it at the garage overnight.
    They have now booked it into another garage 20 miles away and garage has told me it could take 4 hours to diagnose the problem when they actually get to look at the car. What do they expect me to do, wait around all day? Phoned Motoreasy and they were no help. I suggested I take the car to the local dealer for my car (3 miles away) but they said I would have to pay for the diagnosis and they would not necessarily accept their diagnosis. Waiting to see if they can find a garage closer to me to diagnose the problem. I'm 70 years old and do not need this sort of hassle. This will be updated.
    UPDATE
    Received an email telling me that I had to take the car for diagnosis to a garage 22 miles away! It said the appointment was was for 9am and that I would need to leave the car for half a day. I went to the garage on the day I was told to and arrived about 8:30. I waited until 9:15 and then phoned the garage mobile number. I was told that the garage does not open until 10am. An employee arrived about 9:40.
    After taking the car for a short drive and putting it on a ramp to inspect the car, the employee said that the gearbox had several faults and would need to be stripped down and inspected by an engineer sent by Motoreasy. I said that there had never been a problem with the gearbox. It changes ok and never misses a gearchange. I said that the problem was a noise from the front nearside.The garage kept me waiting saying that they had tried ten times to contact Motoreasy and were waiting for a reply to an email they had sent. I then phoned Motoreasy and asked them to ring the garage. I asked the employee what error codes their error diagnostic tool had found and he replied none were found. Error codes would appear on the LCD screen in the car if any were present. I then took the car and went home.
    I phoned Motoreasy and was told that I would have to pay for the gearbox to be stripped down. It would then be inspected by a Motoreasy engineer to see if the fault would be covered. (In the event that the faults were not covered then I assume I would have to pay for the cost of their engineer) If the faults were not covered then I would then have to pay the bill for the garage stripping the box ( I had already paid £72 for the diagnosis) I would then have to pay for all the repairs to the gearbox or pay for a replacement box.
    I phoned Motoreasy and again told them that there were no problems with the gearbox. I was then given advice not to get the box stripped but to wait until the noise got worse or an error appeared on the car LCD display. I then took the car to a local automatic gearbox garage who have been trading for 30 years. They took the car for a test drive and said they could find nothing wrong with the box.
    I then took it to another garage and they said the same.
    My MOT was now due so I took it to a local MOT station and it passed with no advisories . While my car was on the ramp I mentioned the noise to the tester. He had a look at everything for me and said everything seemed ok . He suggested that although the car had past the brake test 100% and although the discs and pads were OK , there was a possibility that the noise could be from the nearside brake disc.
    I decided to ring my local Peugeot dealer and they said they were doing a special offer on front discs and pad replacement. I decided to get both front discs and pads replaced.
    Collected the car from the dealer the next day and guess what ? - the noise was gone!.
    This weekend I travelled to a distance of 824 miles in one day. My car had no problems or error codes.
    That you Motoreasy, I am now £72 out of pocket for a diagnosis I didn't need. You decide that the first garage who had diagnosed the problem as the auto gearbox, were correct even though they don't repair auto boxes and would probably not know a lot about auto boxes. The second garage you sent me too has cost me £72 and a days travel and attending the garage.
    I have the Plan A warranty cover which says it covers everything including wear and tear. It says that the whole gearbox is covered so what could not be covered?
    The car is 3 and half years old and has only covered 20,000 miles so it would be unlikely the gearbox would go already. Completely fed up with these people now and still have 6 months warranty left.
    Edited by: "peedoff2" 31st Jul

Dear customers,

I would like to update you all on my last review.
    I have spoken to a very nice gentlemen from Motoreasy his name is Matt the GM for the company he has apologiesed and explained that they where very busy and its down to staff been on training.
    He also made me a promise to pay me back.
    Because he was very nice and helpful he had change my view on this company

What review are you referring to Amar832106 ?
    Your profile says you only joined on the 28th of July 2017.
    If you did post a review then it should stay on here. Your review was truthful and the fact that someone spoke to you and promised to sort the problem out doesn't change things.

motoreasy is a waste of time and effort, I've had nothing but trouble ever since i bought warranty from them. i spoke to a guy called Raj who sold me the warranty who clearly said 'warranty will include service and MOT repairs' but a month down the line i found out my plan doesn't cover service. i only realised when i tried to book a service online when it asked me to pay x amount to complete the booking which i thought was strange considering my plan (according to raj) covers service. anyways after speaking to motoreasy my plans didn't cover service, my blood is already boiling yet im still waiting to hear from them as i requested a copy of the call.

ive also experience extremely bad customer service to a point where one of their staff put the phone down on as i was in the middle to explaining my side of the story!

i have plan B warranty, ive read whats covered and whats not covered. i booked my car in to replace glow plug simply because my dash flagged it up, engine management light showing and i have diagnosed the issue via a local garage (cost me to plug a computer) i dropped the car to halfords on Wakefield at 9am (7miles from my house even tho there is a halfords 0.5miles from my house) to cut the story short, motoreasy has declined my claim to replace glow plugs because the component is still working even though halfords have distinguished via diagnostic computer that the glow plugs are faulty. apparently i will only be covered once my car has packed in completely meaning if the car doesnt start at all in which case i will have to book the car in again and tow the car to the allocated garage on their network. am i in the wrong here?? all im doing is trying to prevent the worst case scenario to develop in the future. i am fed up to the top!! what am i actually paying for here????

These warranty companies are absolute scammers, Unless your engine and/or gearbox literally fall out they won't pay up. They should all be illegal, They're worse than the insurance companies.
    Post a comment
    @
      Text
      Top Discussions
      1. What would be HELL to you?2634
      2. Tesco vouchers?11
      3. Just heard this...2 ★★★★★★★★★★★★★★ congrats to all on 392k ★★★★★★★★★★★★★★7767345
      4. word association Game73944515

See more discussions