Anyone dealt with Studio.co.uk regarding order cancellations?

Posted 19th Dec 2021
What a crock of crap this company is…

I ordered the 3 x LED Reindeers deal which was posted on here a few days ago. I then found out the deers aren’t 3 dimensional, so called up to cancel about 30min after I placed the order.

Was told they ‘couldn’t cancel the order as it hadn’t been INVOICED yet’ which I was absolutely shocked at, first ever company that can’t cancel an order until it’s invoiced.

I was told to call back the next morning, she has put through the cancellation request to the warehouse ‘but if I receive the item to give them a call’. Told them I do not want the item delivered but was advised it may still be sent.

Honestly bloody raging at this!! Never will I deal with Studio company again. It’s like they want you to push the order to you so you end up keeping it.
Community Updates
New Comment
13 Comments
  1. Avatar
    An off-premises sale where legislation requires the buyer to be informed of cancellation procedure prior to placing order, where a model cancellation form is the minimum mandatory option to be presented to consumer..

Random obs: studio says:
    Warehouse orders: From the moment your order is processed, the order is fed through to our warehouse and picked off the line as soon as possible. We don’t have a facility to intercept your order once it enters this process. You’ll be able to tell if your item is coming from our picking line if it has our standard delivery of 3-7 days on the product page.
    Pre-delivery: We'll try to cancel the items for you - or if this is not possible, the items would need to be returned to us once delivered.You pay the postage fee to deliver goods back to us

Regardless of right or wrongs, you may have an option to simply refuse delivery if studio are (in)efficient enough to attempt delivery.

Does an invoice imply you have accepted credit, with everything associated with credit granting?
  2. Avatar
    This has been going on for years with studio…I had the same scenario with them about 3 years ago….put me off using them again as it was their customer service that had put my order through wrong…I couldn’t cancel and they wanted me to pay postage to return even though it was through no fault of my own!
  3. Avatar
    Author
    Yes good idea, refuse the delivery when it arrives thanks
  4. Avatar
    I have used themany times and this has always been the norm for them but when it arrives you just ring them and they arrange collection from you.. No P&p to pay and then refund is credited to account or into bank etc if you have no account within 5 to 7 days us there guide line I think but jyst this week I had to do this and was refunded into account within 3 days.

Hopes this gives you a bit more faith in them 😏I know it can be annoying but if an item is coming from the warehouse its harder for them to intercept an order to cancel.. I have always found them to be very helpful.
  5. Avatar
    Studio are not great! Can’t handle an email change so effectively I no longer can access my account… very weird company
  6. Avatar
    Author
    Yep my first and last order with them, honestly what a company
  7. Avatar
    Author
    Update on this:

I called Studio last night to ensure the order was cancelled, and was told categorically 100% it was cancelled.

Guess what showed up this morning, and I am absolutely fuming!!

I had to go out early so left a note on the door for Hermes and refuse the delivery, they took it back.

lo and behold I have just this second received an Email from Studio which included

“When the item is delivered, kindly contact us to arrange a free collection. Please be advised that we do not advise our customers to refuse the delivery of the goods on this occasion as the parcel might get lost”

Too late, and its not by responsibility if the parcel gets lost, this would be down to Hermes. Its returned on the same tracking number so can easily be tracked.
  8. Avatar
    saxo_appeal21/12/2021 16:06

Update on this:I called Studio last night to ensure the order was …Update on this:I called Studio last night to ensure the order was cancelled, and was told categorically 100% it was cancelled. Guess what showed up this morning, and I am absolutely fuming!!I had to go out early so left a note on the door for Hermes and refuse the delivery, they took it back.lo and behold I have just this second received an Email from Studio which included “When the item is delivered, kindly contact us to arrange a free collection. Please be advised that we do not advise our customers to refuse the delivery of the goods on this occasion as the parcel might get lost”Too late, and its not by responsibility if the parcel gets lost, this would be down to Hermes. Its returned on the same tracking number so can easily be tracked.

Exact same issue. First time using them, tried to cancel after 10 minutes of purchasing. They fobbed me off with the same excuses. 1 week later check to see if cancelled and they told me it was. Then after 10 days if showed up at my door, no tracking or anything. Useless company!
    Edited by: "renrahs" 21st Dec 2021
  9. Avatar
    It’s a nightmare of a company, the worst I’ve ever come across and deeply regret buying from I ordered an iPad for family member as it was the only place I could find that had them in stock and a week after ordering it, it hadn’t been dispatched. I got in my touch with them yesterday to be told it’s not in stock and not sure why it was showing in stock online so I asked them to cancel my order and they said they’ll put a cancellation request through but can’t guarantee it be cancelled and if I receive it then I have to return it for a refund. No other company does this.. they should be able to cancel as it’s not even in stock. They just want to keep hold of my money and keep me waiting They’ll end up dispatching it god knows when and I’ll have a nightmare of a time returning it to them for them to lie and say they haven’t received it and I’ll loose my money. I can actually see this happening. Very annoying! I’d advise anyone not to order from Studio as their crap!
  10. Avatar
    Author
    I would personally like Studio to be banned from HUKD

Not just because of my dealings with them, but due to comments on here and the amount of bad reviews they get online.

No one should be directed to their website from here, not worth it in my opinion!
    Edited by: "saxo_appeal" 1st Jan
  11. Avatar
    Amy_199301/01/2022 16:00

It’s a nightmare of a company, the worst I’ve ever come across and deeply r …It’s a nightmare of a company, the worst I’ve ever come across and deeply regret buying from I ordered an iPad for family member as it was the only place I could find that had them in stock and a week after ordering it, it hadn’t been dispatched. I got in my touch with them yesterday to be told it’s not in stock and not sure why it was showing in stock online so I asked them to cancel my order and they said they’ll put a cancellation request through but can’t guarantee it be cancelled and if I receive it then I have to return it for a refund. No other company does this.. they should be able to cancel as it’s not even in stock. They just want to keep hold of my money and keep me waiting They’ll end up dispatching it god knows when and I’ll have a nightmare of a time returning it to them for them to lie and say they haven’t received it and I’ll loose my money. I can actually see this happening. Very annoying! I’d advise anyone not to order from Studio as their crap!

They still sent me the iPad although I told them to cancel it! They are now not collecting it, everyday they keep telling me MyHermes will come and collect it but I’ve waited everyday for the last 4 days. The service is disgusting. I really hope they go bust. I’ll end up having to open a dispute with my bank to get my money back. There was no option to pay by PayPal
  12. Avatar
    Author
    Amy_199310/01/2022 19:39

They still sent me the iPad although I told them to cancel it! They are …They still sent me the iPad although I told them to cancel it! They are now not collecting it, everyday they keep telling me MyHermes will come and collect it but I’ve waited everyday for the last 4 days. The service is disgusting. I really hope they go bust. I’ll end up having to open a dispute with my bank to get my money back. There was no option to pay by PayPal

I would ask them for a return address, then send it back with Royal Mail signed for.
Post a comment
Top Merchants