Anyone disappointed by amazon prime day ?

Found 16th Jul
THere’s been so much hype about it and of course it depends on what your after but kinda feels a slight anti climax
Community Updates
AskAmazon Prime
Top comments
Really unimpressed. So much hype for nothing.
Prime day just seems like marketing for products made by amazon i.e kindle, fire, echo dot etc.

I think the 20% off certain eBay stores is better and that not great either
27 Comments
Found it
What worries me is that folks trust Amazon and believe that if Amazon say its a deal then it must be . Look at all the NON Prime day "deals" that have been posted on here going rightly freezing . All folks have to do is check the 3 camels rather than trust Amazon - sadly many members do not and I hope they are happy with what they have purchased .
deleted396333
Every year.
Got tomorrow to go yet
Alexa and plug for 60£ pretty good, google home is 80£ when its on offer, plug well worth 17.50£, ( i have 5 sonoffs at 8£ each and if tplink is more reliable there really good)
85 quid for 10 inch fire tablet seems ok plus I used the VoucherCodes 20 quid amazon voucher for two quid outlay to make it cheaper but had no expectations amazon not a charity
rogparki30 m ago

What worries me is that folks trust Amazon and believe that if Amazon say …What worries me is that folks trust Amazon and believe that if Amazon say its a deal then it must be . Look at all the NON Prime day "deals" that have been posted on here going rightly freezing . All folks have to do is check the 3 camels rather than trust Amazon - sadly many members do not and I hope they are happy with what they have purchased .

Anyone seen any decent de safty razor deals on prime please?
Really unimpressed. So much hype for nothing.
Prime day just seems like marketing for products made by amazon i.e kindle, fire, echo dot etc.

I think the 20% off certain eBay stores is better and that not great either
I was hoping they'd discount exactly the things I wanted to buy and stop peddling that Echo shizzle.
I bagged a kids 7” tablet for £59.99 with a 2 year no quibble warranty and 1 year subscription to the kids app.

Next cheapest was £99.99 and not sure if you get the same warranty or the sub.

Sounds like a good saving to me.
Edited by: "karlypants" 16th Jul
Only stuff on sale is the Amazon branded fire tablets and sticks etc. And these have been the same price for old tech on black Friday, prime day, Easter basically anytime they have a chance to put them on offer. After 2 years you would think the same tech would now be cheaper, not with Amazon.
Hypeing a sale up so they can get rid of rubbish lying in the warehouses that they could get rid of anyother way.
master1055 m ago

Only stuff on sale is the Amazon branded fire tablets and sticks etc. And …Only stuff on sale is the Amazon branded fire tablets and sticks etc. And these have been the same price for old tech on black Friday, prime day, Easter basically anytime they have a chance to put them on offer. After 2 years you would think the same tech would now be cheaper, not with Amazon.

True but Google's same gen stuff is more expensive then current t prices, I prefer Google's however I hate saying hey Google, Alexa is more natural
I'm just hoping that they offer some sort of discount on prime memberships
Got some mens kickers shoes, and kids, for £21 each.

Bargain for some super comfy, long lasting office/schoolwear!!
KingNav3607 m ago

Got some mens kickers shoes, and kids, for £21 each. Bargain for some …Got some mens kickers shoes, and kids, for £21 each. Bargain for some super comfy, long lasting office/schoolwear!!

Kickers Old school. Love it
Everyone seems forgets Amazon Prime is expensive

You're basically paying £80 a year for next day delivery on some items and a discount every now and then
Edited by: "Norseg" 17th Jul
Norseg50 m ago

Everyone seems forgets Amazon Prime is expensive You're basically paying …Everyone seems forgets Amazon Prime is expensive You're basically paying £80 a year for next day delivery on some items and a discount every now and then

£39 a year for next day delivery, which I use regularly, plus the subscribe and save I have on the 7 items which work out cheaper than Asda/Tesco/Morrisons etc and get delivered straight to my door.
Plus the ad free Twitch account
Plus the music.
And then the Amazon video.
Not bad for £3.25 a month really.
KingNav36052 m ago

£39 a year for next day delivery, which I use regularly, plus the …£39 a year for next day delivery, which I use regularly, plus the subscribe and save I have on the 7 items which work out cheaper than Asda/Tesco/Morrisons etc and get delivered straight to my door. Plus the ad free Twitch accountPlus the music. And then the Amazon video. Not bad for £3.25 a month really.

That's if you're a 'student' I'm talking normal customer pricing

I don't care about Twitch, I think the whole concept of watching people play games is boring

I don't really care about music, I usually use YouTube or Google Play Music (if I have a trial)

I don't need Amazon Prime I use Kodi, Showbox and Terrarium, it's free and much better

They shouldn't have different pricing for those who pay a yearly subscription, that's unfair

I still wouldn't pay £40 just to benefit from rare offers and next day delivery on SOME items
Edited by: "Norseg" 17th Jul
Well I'm happy with my dot and tplink plug for £14.29 . Personally I wasn't really looking for anything this year, and had quite a few bargains from the tesco direct sale for things I had needed , so I can't complain.
Its been really bad. Last year there were several big deals, record low prices and lots of smaller sales on cds, blu rays, books etc. Sadly it's gone the same way as black friday. Once customers go to the company looking, instead of the company looking to get you in, it's all over I'm afraid.
Even with a £10 voucher code, I couldn't find any deals. Last Prime for me.
Pretty disappointing like always. But there are some good deals to be had if you go in with a plan and/or common sense.

I ended up buying Toshiba 43U5863DB 43-Inch Smart 4K Ultra-HD HDR LED TV for £300 on Prime day. Today they knocked it down a further £20..

£280 for a 43" 4K HDR TV is pretty decent i'd say.
I bought a pendant fire stick (£25 with student a/c and code) & blade runner 2049 uhd - I'm happy to have got something in the promotion but not have spent a lot.
First thing I check actually went up £20!
tinkerbellian17th Jul

Well I'm happy with my dot and tplink plug for £14.29 . Personally I …Well I'm happy with my dot and tplink plug for £14.29 . Personally I wasn't really looking for anything this year, and had quite a few bargains from the tesco direct sale for things I had needed , so I can't complain.

Same I'm happy with this deal too
Now the item I checked when Prime day started has gone down to the pre-prime day price - funny that...
Post a comment
@
    Text

Top Discussions

Top Merchants