Expired

Anyone do the Irish Lottery?

Found 23rd Jan 2013
After Camelot announced that there upping the prices of the usual lotto ticket (which I occasionally buy and win nothing) I thought I'd start doing the Irish instead

Anyone else given it a go?

I'm thinking of doing a 10p Trixie (4 separate bets, 3 doubles and a treble) on all 3 draws which will cost me £1.20 a ticket and all I've got to do is just match two to win £6 or three to win me £78

If I've worked that out correctly
Community Updates
Misc
12 Comments
Original Poster
So you do 3 numbers for £1? Do you do all the lines twice a week or just a few? also do you do more than one set of numbers etc?
can you do it over Internet or do you still go to bookies
which is the official site?

i think at the bookies you dont actually play the lottery but bet on the outcome of the balls - so you win your money from the bookies rather that the lottery itself. (is this right???)
Banned
I do the Irish one all the time. I think it's the only way us
Brits will get back some of the money they owe!
http://www.irishlotto.net/index.php?mod=6

Is that the one?
Mark2111

http://www.irishlotto.net/index.php?mod=6Is that the one?

i should have wiki'd it in the first place, think its THIS ONE

......but you have to be a ROI resident to register - so how are you supposed to play????
Edited by: "DDTTAA" 23rd Jan 2013
Registering
Do I have to be a Republic of Ireland resident to open an account?

Yes, in order to register and create an account, you must be a Republic of Ireland resident.

this is from the fao on the site so how are people in the uk playing?
odds on will hill are 1/100,001 for getting 5/5 correct. my maths says the odds are 1/1,221,759.

On the lotto itself the prize is paid out as a percentage of the total pool, so this is a good/ok/bad deal depending on the total pool.
Original Poster
For people asking how you play in the UK, you play with an English bookmaker who gives odds on getting 1, 2, 3, 4, or 5 balls upto a potential win of £100,000
camelot are due to lose the license i reckon
Best odds are with Betfred for the irish lotto if you do it,pick 3 matched pays 610/1 in shop or 625/1 online
Original Poster
ukwomble

Best odds are with Betfred for the irish lotto if you do it,pick 3 … Best odds are with Betfred for the irish lotto if you do it,pick 3 matched pays 610/1 in shop or 625/1 online

They will pay 625/1 in shop if they have competitors close by but also Ladbrokes will usually match Betfred if there over the road or if you can't get either then StanJames do 618/1 in shop
Post a comment
@
    Text

Top Discussions