Expired

Anyone do/done any rugby coaching?

Found 26th Jan 2013
Stuck on a few questions regarding the IRB laws on scrums, help would be appreciated! Questions below
Community Updates
MiscRugby
9 Comments
What conditions must be met when throwing the ball into a scrum? Possible Answers below

There must be no undue delay
The scrum half's head must be no closer than 1 metre from the scrum
The scrum half must stand 1 metre from the scrum
The scrum half must throw the ball in from the side of the scrum first chosen
The scrum half must hold the ball in both hands when throwing it in
The ball must be thrown in along the middle line of the scrum
The ball may be rolled into the scrum

When is the non-throwing scrum half offside when the ball is in a scrum?

When stepping ahead of the ball with either foot at the side the ball is thrown in
When stepping ahead of the tunnel, but not the ball, at the side the ball is thrown in
When stepping ahead of the hindmost foot at the side the ball is not thrown in
When moving away from the scrum and not retreating 5m behind the scrum
When moving away from the scrum and remaining ahead of the hindmost foot in the scrum
The ball must be thrown in along the middle line of the scrum

This one should be add-eared to but rarely is with the attacking team gaining an unfair advantage of nearly always winning their own scrum.
deadduck_145

What conditions must be met when throwing the ball into a scrum? Possible … What conditions must be met when throwing the ball into a scrum? Possible Answers belowThere must be no undue delay The scrum half's head must be no closer than 1 metre from the scrum The scrum half must stand 1 metre from the scrum The scrum half must throw the ball in from the side of the scrum first chosenThe scrum half must hold the ball in both hands when throwing it inThe ball must be thrown in along the middle line of the scrumThe ball may be rolled into the scrumWhen is the non-throwing scrum half offside when the ball is in a scrum?When stepping ahead of the ball with either foot at the side the ball is thrown in When stepping ahead of the tunnel, but not the ball, at the side the ball is thrown in When stepping ahead of the hindmost foot at the side the ball is not thrown in When moving away from the scrum and not retreating 5m behind the scrum When moving away from the scrum and remaining ahead of the hindmost foot in the scrum

Those are the ones i'm sure on.

I assume you can choose multiple answers?
yes its multiple answers. I've got the IRB law book open next to me and i still cant get the right answers!

For the first question, and according to the book, i put: 1,2,4,5

second one i put: 1

both incorrect
First one should be 1,5,6,7

Second question 1 is definitely right, not sure on what other ones are correct

Rules have changed a little since i last played
Edited by: "bathfan" 26th Jan 2013
o Delay. As soon as the front rows have come together, the scrum half must throw in the ball without delay. The scrum half must throw in the ball when told to do so by the referee. The scrum half must throw in the ball from the side of the scrum first chosen.
Sanction: Free Kick

The scrum half must stand one metre from the mark on the middle line so that player’s head does not touch the scrum or go beyond the nearest front row player.
Sanction: Free Kick

(b) The scrum half must hold the ball with both hands, with its major axis parallel to the ground and to the touchline over the middle line between the front rows, mid-way between knee and ankle.

the scrum half must throw in the ball at a quick speed. The ball must be released from the scrum half’s hands from outside the tunnel.

(d) The scrum half must throw in the ball straight along the middle line, so that it first touches the ground immediately beyond the width of the nearer prop’s shoulders.

(e) The scrum half must throw in the ball with a single forward movement. This means that there must be no backward movement with the ball. The scrum half must not pretend to throw the ball.

these are from the irb law book that it says to use, which correlate to the answers we think!
bathfan

First one should be 1,5,6,7Second question 1 is definitely right, not … First one should be 1,5,6,7Second question 1 is definitely right, not sure on what other ones are correct

This. (but it's been a while since I coached.)
So what was the answers?! anybody know the answer to section 5 too?
the answers i wanted to submit, but werent allowed, were all correct when i asked the rfu coach. so i dont know if it was just a glitch! i print screened my answers since i couldnt get passed 98% because of it and he signed it off anyway

Sorry, commenting is no longer available on this discussion.

Top Discussions

Top Discussions

Top Merchants