Anyone done a 7,000ft skydive?

Found 19th Dec 2017
Just seen an offer of a 7,000ft skydive which includes 10 sec freefall and 5 min parachute sky-ride for £149, would have preferred the 10,000ft for the extended free-fall but it's quite a price hike.

Anyone done the 7,000ft and felt it was worth it?

I just want to do a jump with a free fall to 'tick off the list' so to speak, would like the extended free fall but can't afford it, and don't have enough friends to consider the charity route.
Community Updates
Ask
22 Comments
deleted265520
If you can't afford it then don't bother.
Am no expert and have only jumped 3 times, but 7000 ft sounds a bit sucky, the three I did were at 15,000 feet and cost £200 for the first jump and £50 for the two other jumps on the same day.

As for worth it, I was on a adrenaline high for 3 days, I loved it so worth every penny for me.
Edited by: "DKLS" 19th Dec 2017
DT8919th Dec 2017

If you can't afford it then don't bother.

i'm not an adrenaline junky, have no interest in theme parks or roller coaster, too scared to go on those types of rides.
But would like to experience the feeling of just falling.... and like planes lol
It's £149 for 7000ft, £259 for 10000ft, or £318 for the 15000ft.
saintscouple1 m ago

i'm not an adrenaline junky, have no interest in theme parks or roller …i'm not an adrenaline junky, have no interest in theme parks or roller coaster, too scared to go on those types of rides. But would like to experience the feeling of just falling.... and like planes lol It's £149 for 7000ft, £259 for 10000ft, or £318 for the 15000ft.

If you are going to do it once you might as well save and do it the best way possible.
It's a tough one, I've only ever done 2x 15000 and it's all about the freefall, that 10 sec will feel like nothing, I'm not sure it's worth it, maybe be look at other firms
Un19ed822 m ago

It's a tough one, I've only ever done 2x 15000 and it's all about the …It's a tough one, I've only ever done 2x 15000 and it's all about the freefall, that 10 sec will feel like nothing, I'm not sure it's worth it, maybe be look at other firms

Yeah, will have a better look, but these were the best prices when i had a quick search (salisbury), i'm in oxfordshire.
if i could find 15,000ft at £200 within a couple of hours drive i would book it tomorrow
saintscouple1 m ago

if i could find 15,000ft at £200 within a couple of hours drive i would …if i could find 15,000ft at £200 within a couple of hours drive i would book it tomorrow

I'd join you, it's easily the greatest experience to be had!
Not to sound like a boring party-pooper but if you can't afford the 10k @ £259 the it really sounds like the £149 is a 'luxury' spend for you also and might leave you feeling a bit unfulfilled. How about:

New Year's resolution - put away a little bit each month next year (in a jar) and then treat yourself to the big one. You'll feel like you earnt it more and it'll be something you'll remember for the rest of your life.

I'm just like you - I don't like theme park rides either but I also wouldn't chuck myself out of a perfectly good aeroplane! Too much of a cowardly custard. Hehe.

Anyway, good luck with your decision and have a great holiday season.

Regards, Phsy.
I’ve done 15,000 at Black Knight parachute centre near the Lake District . It was £250 and an extra £120 for a dvd and pictures. If possible try and get the dvd and pics. It’s amazing showing everyone and peoples eyes light up when they see you doing it. My profile pic is of me at 15,000ft or just below. Skydiving is one the best things I’ve ever been lucky enough to do, the feeling when you fall out the plane is unreal, it’s like you’ve travelled to another dimension for a few seconds and then you slowly descend to the most relaxing and peaceful moment of pure silence. Try hard to save for the bigger jump even if it means putting it off for another year. Also make sure you try and book around April to August as if it’s raining on the the day you can be made to wait all day and then get called off at the end of the day like it did to us on our first trip, we had to re book another day. Good luck
Edited by: "jayonline85" 19th Dec 2017
jayonline8527 m ago

I’ve done 15,000 at Black Knight parachute centre near the Lake District . …I’ve done 15,000 at Black Knight parachute centre near the Lake District . It was £250 and an extra £120 for a dvd and pictures. If possible try and get the dvd and pics. It’s amazing showing everyone and peoples eyes light up when they see you doing it. My profile pic is of me at 15,000ft or just below. Skydiving is one the best things I’ve ever been lucky enough to do, the feeling when you fall out the plane is unreal, it’s like you’ve travelled to another dimension for a few seconds and then you slowly descend to the most relaxing and peaceful moment of pure silence. Try hard to save for the bigger jump even if it means putting it off for another year. Also make sure you try and book around April to August as if it’s raining on the the day you can be made to wait all day and then get called off at the end of the day like it did to us on our first trip, we had to re book another day. Good luck

just had a look at that, its only £219 for 15,000ft on their website. Fancy a go myself now next summer.
I did a 7k jump in spring and the free fall seemed to be over in a blink of an eye. The slower glide bit made me feel a little queasy like sea sick and the straps hurt and left bruises. The free fall was good but not long enough so I would do a 7k again.

i would put up with bruises from straps and sea sick queasiness again but it would have to be for a longer free fall to make it worth it
Wish it was £219 down here, but thanks for all the feedback. Decided to save for the 15000, will get the deposit in and book something for April..... at least then if i break a leg i'll have time to recover for the summer hols lol
I got a group of about 10 together to do it, some places will make it cheaper per person if you take a group. I would recommend 15000, simply amazing
If you fancy the extreme 'rush' that you get from exiting an aeroplane freefalling, what you have found is fine.
If you fancy the the floaty feeling and fab view from a parachute, then paracending may be more your thing.
it is the freefalling i want to experience.... just the once will do me (he says now!)
LoL it is pretty addictive. Parachutists know how to party.
I did once, but the parachute didn't open.
saintscouple46 m ago

Wish it was £219 down here, but thanks for all the feedback. Decided to …Wish it was £219 down here, but thanks for all the feedback. Decided to save for the 15000, will get the deposit in and book something for April..... at least then if i break a leg i'll have time to recover for the summer hols lol

lol if it goes wrong i think you've got more to worry about than a broken leg
found a dropzone more local to me that goes to 13000ft and have a special offer of £199.
with this one the weight limit is 15 stone, so half a stone to lose by April then!
A top tip:
Instead of walking out of the aircraft, jump up and out and you'll gain an extra foot of falling/parachuting time.

Thank me later
Post a comment
@
    Text

Top Discussions

Top Discussions

Top Merchants