Unfortunately, this discussion is no longer valid
Expired

Anyone drink "Huel"?

Posted 23rd Nov
My brother is interested in trying Huel. Currently he has a Slim Fast shake (made from the powder) for his break at work, but his research says that that may be the worst of the meal replacement shakes on the market and Huel would be more substantial.

Just wondering if anyone here drinks it whether they think that it feels like a meal afterwards, and opinions on the various flavours (particularly the unsweetened/unflavoured variety and the new vanilla vs the old vanilla).

As he would be a new customer they would give him a free shaker and shirt, and he can't find a way to remove the shirt (he would never wear it). Also any tips on getting it cheaper?

Thanks much
Community Updates
Ask
18 Comments
Is he a bodybuilder or just trying to lose weight?

They are all pretty much the same taste watery and disgusting and full of chemicals to make you feel full especially Gelatin so if yer a veggie you are SOL!

Just drink a pint of water or buy a 10kg bag of whey protein isolate and flavour it with Banana or Strawberry nesquik thats what i used to use when i was a bodybuilder after 15 years of taking Maximuscle and all the stupid supplements that cost a mint.

Then i found the whey consortium and used to get a 50kg bag of whey for £40 and a few tubs of Banana nesquik worked just as well as Maximuscle ProWhey at £35 for a single kilo ..........and tasted much better!

If its medical there is one the hospitals use and we have used it for a family member its sold in Asda canny remember the name though but its expensive and like them all tastes like eating runny dogdoo!
Edited by: "omendata" 23rd Nov
"...and he can't find a way to remove the shirt..."

Ask for a larger size next time, but for now... scissors... or, perhaps, lose some weight

PS. WOW! I've just found out that "Huel" was one of Julian Hearn's ventures.

Small world. I used to be in contact with Julian during 2013 when he was starting out with [ happier.co.uk ] & [ promotionalcodes.org.uk ].

Genuinely well done to him! Congratulations Julian.
Edited by: "fanpages" 23rd Nov
omendata23/11/2019 22:11

Is he a bodybuilder or just trying to lose weight?They are all pretty much …Is he a bodybuilder or just trying to lose weight?They are all pretty much the same taste watery and disgusting and full of chemicals to make you feel full especially Gelatin so if yer a veggie you are SOL!Just drink a pint of water or buy a 10kg bag of whey protein isolate and flavour it with Banana or Strawberry nesquik thats what i used to use when i was a bodybuilder after 15 years of taking Maximuscle and all the stupid supplements that cost a mint.Then i found the whey consortium and used to get a 50kg bag of whey for £40 and a few tubs of Banana nesquik worked just as well as Maximuscle ProWhey at £35 for a single kilo ..........and tasted much better!If its medical there is one the hospitals use and we have used it for a family member its sold in Asda canny remember the name though but its expensive and like them all tastes like eating runny dogdoo!

50kg for £40?
rogan179123/11/2019 22:31

50kg for £40?

Yeah back in the day when Whey Consortium started up i still have a bag in my cupboard actually its over 10 years old and still good as new strangely = just waiting fo me to go back to the gym one day!
Not sure how its going to taste or if i will make it home without the skitters but hey ho i never throw anything out!
Still even have bottles of 19-Norandrostendione at £49.95 a bottle, Super pump up , chromium picolinate and loads of stupidly expensive stuff until i found out that whey some chicken breast and 5 meals a day was all i needed!
We live and learn!
I'm using huel at the moment, I eat a normal meal for breakfast and lunch, obvs eating a healthier meal, but in the evening I use fuel. Lost 1kg a week for the last 3 weeks so it's working. It's also probably down to going to the gym.

Omendata we meet again.
ehsan11123/11/2019 23:05

I'm using huel at the moment, I eat a normal meal for breakfast and lunch, …I'm using huel at the moment, I eat a normal meal for breakfast and lunch, obvs eating a healthier meal, but in the evening I use fuel. Lost 1kg a week for the last 3 weeks so it's working. It's also probably down to going to the gym.Omendata we meet again.

Small world eh!
haha
Nah any bodybuilder will tell you its 70% nutrition and 30% gym work!
That BBC programme did a topic on the gym and how long it takes to work off food it should have been quite an eye opener for most folks if they paid attention - just stop stuffing yer gob!

Problem is when yer depressed or feeling down or have mental issues eating can be a comfort so i kinda can see it at the other side of the coin.

Contrary to popular belief when i was a bodybuilder i used to really admire and respect all the fatties and really overweight folks that had the guts to come to the gym and work hard as its a monumental effort just to get out of the house when you have a big beer belly and unfit and i used to laugh at all the so called bodybuilder fannies swinging weights around like a whirlygig nearly taking yer head off if you are too close or the lockerroom boasting about all the stupid maximuscle supplements in their gym bag and thinking the gym is the place to pull a bird lol

Nah the real folks in the gym are the ones who come in, no talking or standing around, do the gym then leave - Bish bash bosh!
Nae time for time wasting these days!
rogan179123/11/2019 23:06

Amazing I'd never have thought of this

Nae probs
Yer second name isnt Josh by any chance>?
39092095-PzhYj.jpg
omendata23/11/2019 23:15

Nae probsYer second name isnt Josh by any chance>?

If you can get me 50kg for that price you can call me whatever....
rogan179124/11/2019 00:13

If you can get me 50kg for that price you can call me whatever....

Well it was 10+ years ago when i was a bodybuilder so no idea what the Whey consortium sells it for now or even if they still exist!
If yer original comment was sarcasm then its best to add a smiley wink dude!
Only thing that beats a Rogan Josh is a Prawn Tikka!
1791 - French revolution you a frenchie then?
Good company then if so you helped our Mary and Charlie against the Sassenachs!
lol

Most folks dont ken that the irish and french are brothers and sisters of the Scots - Its funny you ask any Frenchman and tell them you are Scottish and not English and they instantly like you because they actually know their and our history - funny that eh!
Found that one out a few decades ago when i was in Paris for the Dance Europe rave - Sven Vath killed it!
Edited by: "omendata" 24th Nov
omendata24/11/2019 00:21

Well it was 10+ years ago when i was a bodybuilder so no idea what the …Well it was 10+ years ago when i was a bodybuilder so no idea what the Whey consortium sells it for now or even if they still exist!If yer original comment was sarcasm then its best to add a smiley wink dude!

My bad 😜
rogan179124/11/2019 00:30

My bad 😜

Ok if you want it free then try the local dairy thats what my friend Roy did and he was a true bodybuilder he had the genetics i didnt sadly and thats part of the game if you dont have the genetics like Arnie you aint gonna look like Arnie without Anabol etc
But hey even poor old Arn used em - sad day when i found that one out!
Edited by: "omendata" 24th Nov
omendata24/11/2019 00:34

Ok if you want it free then try the local dairy thats what my friend Roy …Ok if you want it free then try the local dairy thats what my friend Roy did and he was a true bodybuilder he had the genetics i didnt sadly and thats part of the game if you dont have the genetics like Arnie you aint gonna look like Arnie without Anabol etcBut hey even poor old Arn used em - sad day when i found that one out!

Cheers

He did?!
Really enjoyed riding your comments @omendata . You got stories to tell I can tell. Thanks for the info!
I been using huel close to a month now, flavours are Berry, chocolate and banana(best one imo) I drink them for lunch and dinner but expect for break since I eat something different everyday. I only do huel for 5 days and have lost 3 kg also hit the gym 3-4 times a week. The shirt and shaker is free for first time. Use referral for £10 off and use honey coupon chrome add on. Got £8 knocked off.
Where are you based? He can have mine if you’re near me as I don’t like it!!
omendata23/11/2019 22:11

Is he a bodybuilder or just trying to lose weight?They are all pretty much …Is he a bodybuilder or just trying to lose weight?They are all pretty much the same taste watery and disgusting and full of chemicals to make you feel full especially Gelatin so if yer a veggie you are SOL!Just drink a pint of water or buy a 10kg bag of whey protein isolate and flavour it with Banana or Strawberry nesquik thats what i used to use when i was a bodybuilder after 15 years of taking Maximuscle and all the stupid supplements that cost a mint.Then i found the whey consortium and used to get a 50kg bag of whey for £40 and a few tubs of Banana nesquik worked just as well as Maximuscle ProWhey at £35 for a single kilo ..........and tasted much better!If its medical there is one the hospitals use and we have used it for a family member its sold in Asda canny remember the name though but its expensive and like them all tastes like eating runny dogdoo!

Huel is vegan...
Post a comment
@
    Text

Discussions