Groups

Anyone else agree that it doesn't feel like christmas without a trip to Woolies!

All the deals this year seem rubbish!!!!!! I miss Woolies! Anyone else feel the same????????

31 Comments

God i've spent so much already!

There's loads of deals!!!

I miss having woolies on the highstreet tho xxx

Woolies sucked, junk sale anyone.

i dont think it feels like christmas anyway its come too quick !

and to top it all of i had an interveiw about my options which have come fast...

old people.....will i get old fast now ???

I had to get some bulbs today for the christmas lights and I thought hell no Woolies of to wilko's instead

Anyone else agree that it doesn't feel like christmas without a trip to … Anyone else agree that it doesn't feel like christmas without a trip to Woolies!

Not in the slightest.

i remember one year ( around 1986 ish ) i went with my mum and she got 3 BIN BAGS full of star wars toys..... what an amazing xmas that year was ... lol

arcangel111;7068919

i remember one year ( around 1986 ish ) i went with my mum and she got 3 … i remember one year ( around 1986 ish ) i went with my mum and she got 3 BIN BAGS full of star wars toys..... what an amazing xmas that year was ... lol

pmsl x :prop::giggle:

Mod & Ed

I don't mind admitting I do, especially the winter wonderland adverts on tv

Maybe it doesn't feel like Christmas because its only the 1st of December......

dont miss it, they didnt sell anything that you couldnt get cheaper elsewhere

I hardly ever bought anything from there i thought it was very overpriced.

jellybaby22;7068905

woolies was minging...mine was like a filthy jumble sale..and Im glad its … woolies was minging...mine was like a filthy jumble sale..and Im glad its gone

Not every one was the same, and you cant blame it in the last few years when they were losing a lot of money.

My local one was nice and another 40 miles away whereI lived on and off for years had one on 2 floors that was great! used to get good games and dvds(and videos at the time) there and good bargains.

I think that idea is like someone voting a say a blu ray deal cold because they havent got a blu ray player.

Banned

yeah its not the same

i used to let the smackheads know what i wanted and they'd go in there and get it for me at the discounted price.... damnnnn you wollies

Mod & Ed

QUOTE=daz1981;7069055]yeah its not the same

i used to let the smackheads know what i wanted and they'd go in there and get it for me at the discounted price.... damnnnn you wollies[/QUOTE]

:giggle:

jellybaby22;7069057

Iapologise I like the shops I go into to be clean....with things ON … Iapologise I like the shops I go into to be clean....with things ON shelves...not the floor...

So why shop in Primark? That's even worse than woolies :lol:

jellybaby22;7069199

pleased to say I wouldnt go in one of those shops if you paid me....but … pleased to say I wouldnt go in one of those shops if you paid me....but it would be better than woolies.....:p

But you recommend that others do

Btw agree, woolies were a skank pit. Faversham, Ashford, Chatham, Gillingham. All the same. **** holes.

Banned

A 'mumofthree' who defines Christmas by a shop.

For me it's family.

I do miss it

Anyway, the main reason i'm glad it's gone is it was replaced by a true bargain warehouse :whistling:

kentonline.co.uk/ken…spx

jellybaby22;7069057

nah youve lost me now like........this thread is opinions...no?that was … nah youve lost me now like........this thread is opinions...no?that was mine.....apologies Im not in the woolies appreciation society.......:roll:and fyi...ALL the woolies I have ever been in were minging jumble sales......Iapologise I like the shops I go into to be clean....with things ON shelves...not the floor...where the staff look like the are vaguely interested in serving you

I didnt think Woolies was perfect but I am saying you have judged an entire company on the little you have seen.

The ones I saw needed modernising and there was a certain amount of annoying staff but if you want "quality" like Debenhams go in there and dont complain about somewhere you had no interest of going in and I have never been in one that was like a jumble sale so it probably depends on your local area and says more about that then the store.

always went to wollies for my wrapping paper and celotape

Original Poster

FilthAndFurry;7069232

A 'mumofthree' who defines Christmas by a shop.For me it's family.

So you dont go shopping for the family at christmas..........

And I must have missed myself saying "christmas is ALL about shopping in Woolworths!"

never seems like xmas each year now,comes to quick ,im tempted just not to bother with it all this year,dont bother buying nothing and just go on holls or something

Banned

No, christmas is christmas, not a shop ? It doesn't feel like christmas yet because it isn't. The decorations aren't up, in my house anyway and in my local towns, and few have lights up near me, even on lower morden lane youtube.com/wat…Hik

Although adverts have been advertising christmas for a while now it won't feel like christmas until a week or two when it draws closer

I loved to just walk around and look at stuff . Not really buy anything x

ryman1000;7071521

No, christmas is christmas, not a shop ? It doesn't feel like christmas … No, christmas is christmas, not a shop ? It doesn't feel like christmas yet because it isn't. The decorations aren't up ( in my house anyway and in towns ). Although adverts have been advertising christmas for a while now it won't feel like christmas until a week or two when it draws closer

Of course its christmas. I heard fairytale of new york on the radio this morning:w00t:

always thought wollies was over priced myself,apart from the many people who sadly lost their jobs its no great loss

Banned

Woolworths was a dump that sold rubbish. Hardly merry or warm. Shopping in Bath is a lovely rustic experience.

Missing woolworths is tragic.

Banned

Shengis;7071588

Of course its christmas. I heard fairytale of new york on the radio this … Of course its christmas. I heard fairytale of new york on the radio this morning:w00t:

I'm not feeling very christmasy yet :-(
    Think for commercial purposes Christmas is "starting earlier"

ryman1000;7071775

I'm not feeling very christmasy yet :-(Think for commercial purposes … I'm not feeling very christmasy yet :-(Think for commercial purposes Christmas is "starting earlier"

For commercial purposes we're now at easter :lol:

Original Poster

FilthAndFurry;7071763

Woolworths was a dump that sold rubbish. Hardly merry or warm. Shopping … Woolworths was a dump that sold rubbish. Hardly merry or warm. Shopping in Bath is a lovely rustic experience.Missing woolworths is tragic.

Guess Im tragic then............................:-D
    Post a comment
    @
      Text
      Top Discussions
      1. The HUKD Student Discount code sharing thread (most codes on Unidays are si…7261380
      2. word association Game74044574
      3. Giffgaff New goodybags33
      4. Santander - Compensation1617

See more discussions