Groups
    EXPIRED

Anyone else been contacted by Three about them phasing out the Ultimate Internet Plan?

My son keeps getting phone calls and letters from 3 telling him that they are changing their plans and the Ultimate Internet plan he is currently on will be ending in Feb. They say they want to offer him a better deal and then offer him a worse package for more money??? I am on the same package and have heard nothing from them. Has anyone else been contacted about this. He is currently on the ultimate 200 plan for £12.90 a month on a 30 day rolling contract it gives him 200 minutes unlimited texts and data.

19 Comments

my partner is one the one plan for the tethering they phoned him asking if they could give him a better deal, he said no because he needs the Internet for when he's at work, they said they have stopped doing the tethering now so they are trying to get everyone off it an on to a better deal but the deals ain't better. my partner only went with them for the fact they was the only company doing unlimited tethering so won't be staying with them when contract runs out

3 are going down hill in my opinion

I get calls asking if I would like a deal on a new phone even though I'm still in contract, awful telesales from India. Apart from that they're usually ok

They're moving everyone off unlimited data starting from Jan. People are being contacted in batches.
    If you don't reply to their text/call ect you'll get a letter telling you what they're moving you too. You then have 28 days to accept the offer or take your pac and go elsewhere.

If after 28 days you do nothing you will be deemed to have accepted the offer. So don't just ignore them!

steve1221

They're moving everyone off unlimited data starting from Jan. People are … They're moving everyone off unlimited data starting from Jan. People are being contacted in batches.If you don't reply to their text/call ect you'll get a letter telling you what they're moving you too. You then have 28 days to accept the offer or take your pac and go elsewhere.If after 28 days you do nothing you will be deemed to have accepted the offer. So don't just ignore them!

so you don't have a choose everyone will loose the unlimited data anyway?

They're still doing unlimited data, but none of their new plans have unlimited tethering. The most tethering you can get is 2Gb on contracts, 4Gb on sim-only.

If got don't contact them, they will move you to the closest plan to the one your on regardless.

Strangely they still have all you can eat deals on offer on their website

Plan Includes (per month):

Inclusive UK data: All-you-can-eat data
    Inclusive UK minutes: 600 mins
    Free calls to 0800/0808/0500 numbers
    Inclusive UK texts: All-you-can-eat texts
    Contract length: 24 month contract

davewave

Strangely they still have all you can eat deals on offer on their … Strangely they still have all you can eat deals on offer on their websitePlan Includes (per month):Inclusive UK data: All-you-can-eat dataInclusive UK minutes: 600 mins Free calls to 0800/0808/0500 numbersInclusive UK texts: All-you-can-eat textsContract length: 24 month contract

All You Can Eat (AYCE) data only refers to data usage on the handset itself. It doesn't refer to a tethering allowance, which is listed separately. It will say, for example, all you can eat data with a tethering allowance of 2GB or 4GB. The 2GB is the tethering allowance with a phone contract and the 4gb is the tethering allowance with a sim only contract.

TheBoss96

3 are going down hill in my opinion

When were they ever up hill?

steve1221

They're moving everyone off unlimited data starting from Jan. People are … They're moving everyone off unlimited data starting from Jan. People are being contacted in batches.If you don't reply to their text/call ect you'll get a letter telling you what they're moving you too. You then have 28 days to accept the offer or take your pac and go elsewhere.If after 28 days you do nothing you will be deemed to have accepted the offer. So don't just ignore them!

So no one has a choice?

It's either deal with it or move elsewhere? No keeping the tethering?
    It's the only reason I'm with them.

teh arn

So no one has a choice?It's either deal with it or move elsewhere? No … So no one has a choice?It's either deal with it or move elsewhere? No keeping the tethering? It's the only reason I'm with them.

If you mean the unlimited tethering, then no, you can't keep it once your contract period is up. If you're on a 30 day deal, this will end in January, with no possibility of keeping your unlimited tethering allowance. If you're on a fixed contract with time to run on it, you'll be allowed to stay on it until the fixed time is up. Then you'll be moved off it and again, the unlimited tethering will go. The tethering allowances will be as I explained earlier.

borofan47

If you mean the unlimited tethering, then no, you can't keep it once your … If you mean the unlimited tethering, then no, you can't keep it once your contract period is up. If you're on a 30 day deal, this will end in January, with no possibility of keeping your unlimited tethering allowance. If you're on a fixed contract with time to run on it, you'll be allowed to stay on it until the fixed time is up. Then you'll be moved off it and again, the unlimited tethering will go. The tethering allowances will be as I explained earlier.

Damn, that sucks.

ispreview.co.uk/ind…tml

This link explains more and there are further links at the bottom of the article too.

There is already a whole Ask thread on this here, you may find some of it useful: three one plan changes

Three losing the plot.

Their retentions team are awful, they can only offer you the deals on their website or a worse deal for more money. Experienced that first hand with all three of my 3 contracts which expired almost at the same time. When i asked for the PAC for all 3 of them they said i shouldnt do that for all 3. I then asked for the unlimited data plan and he said i do not need it, they turned into my personal 'i know whats best for you' adviser.

3 have obviously taken on X amount of customers since their launch and now they have grown some big dingly dangly baws. They now want to play hard ball with its customers. For me i have left them and i do not regret it.

I had a call for a new contract with unlimited data other week, I think they are just removing scrubs who suck the bandwidth on £10 month contracts....

£30+ is unlimited and always will be.

And tbh who tethers? Get home broadband cheapos :P
    Edited by: "seanmorris100" 16th Dec 2014

melcarroll

My son keeps getting phone calls and letters from 3 telling him … My son keeps getting phone calls and letters from 3 telling him that they are changing their plans and the Ultimate Internet plan he is currently on will be ending in Feb. They say they want to offer him a better deal and then offer him a worse package for more money??? I am on the same package and have heard nothing from them. Has anyone else been contacted about this. He is currently on the ultimate 200 plan for £12.90 a month on a 30 day rolling contract it gives him 200 minutes unlimited texts and data.

I was on the phone to three that day and they told me that they are phasing out all the old plans and changing them for new ones.

So its either

1. You take a new plan [Rubbish contract, more money]

Or

2. Your account gets frozen.

That's what the advisor told me oO

Which is such a shame.
    Edited by: "speedy2014" 16th Dec 2014

Original Poster

Thanks for all the replies. Looks like he has no choice then. I can't see much else available for the same kind of money. We also have the issue of bad coverage from most of the other providers in our area.

so interesting that we get charged a penalty if we want to leave our contract early but these cheeky so and sos are legally allowed to drop you from their tarriff as they please?!?! surely not
    Post a comment
    @
      Text
      Top Discussions
      1. How to cancel Sky subscription33
      2. How to unblock a vacuum hose which is completely jammed with dust and fluff…45
      3. Xbox One S or Xbox One X89
      4. Working conditions, workers rights. Standing at work causing pain. Is this …1328

See more discussions