Groups

Anyone else been greeted by the browser choice screen?

Just logged on to my netbook and was greeted with what I thought was some sort of adware, turns out its not. It's a little thing microsoft has been forced to roll out by the EU for anti-competition laws.
    Didn't realise the choice of browsers available besides mozilla, chrome, safari and opera.
    Anyone else had this yet? I'm on XP sp3

8 Comments

I deliberately declined the update that deployed this - especially as it said once installed it could not be removed ;-)

Original Poster

aardvarking;7958247

I deliberately declined the update that deployed this - especially as it … I deliberately declined the update that deployed this - especially as it said once installed it could not be removed ;-)

Didn't even look, my fault for trusting MS

Thought it was happening 1st of march

aardvarking;7958247

I deliberately declined the update that deployed this - especially as it … I deliberately declined the update that deployed this - especially as it said once installed it could not be removed ;-)

Its no big deal, I just selected "select later" (on XP) and I have not seen it again.

Funny, on Vista it was an optional update, but on XP it installed during Microsoft update and was not optional.

guilbert53;7958415

Its no big deal, I just selected "select later" (on XP) and I have not … Its no big deal, I just selected "select later" (on XP) and I have not seen it again.Funny, on Vista it was an optional update, but on XP it installed during Microsoft update and was not optional.

It was an optional choice on my XP, as are all updates.

Inactive;7958468

Same here :thumbsup:

Inactive;7958468

Actually I made a mistake.

I thought on XP it was listed under "High Priority Update" and installed automatically, but under Vista it was listed as an "Optional Update".

But having just checked in Vista it is a "High Priortity Update" on Vista as well, I just deselected it on Vista but did not on XP.
    Post a comment
    @
      Text
      Top Discussions
      1. Surprise! The HUKD Summer Flamedeer Hunt 2017 **OFFICIAL THREAD** (trading …230712
      2. miikeyblue and shabbird's (but mostly shabbird's) Tuesday night pub quiz!523448
      3. What's you favourite 60s 70s 80s song ?963012
      4. Labour MP Naz Shah retweeted calling for abused white girls to shut their m…35

See more discussions