Expired

Anyone else been paid by cex via paypal and paid fees?!

Found 8th Nov 2013
Sold an iPad to cex and chose to be paid via paypal so i didn't have to wait around for a cheque, and I've had to pay the fees?

I have been paid by them before in various different ways and I have been paid by paypal off them too, but now it seems they have changed the way of sending payment as I have paid fess and there is an options to issue a refund

I've always wondered why they give the same amount for paypal, bank transfer and cheque
Community Updates
10 Comments
You're choosing Paypal over other free methods of payment. Why should they pay the fees and not you?
This just happened to me too. I have been paid by CeX via PayPal a number of times in the past without fees. Going to ask them to refund and switch to BACS if this is how they do PayPal now.
TUSSFC

You're choosing Paypal over other free methods of payment. Why should … You're choosing Paypal over other free methods of payment. Why should they pay the fees and not you?

Because it was free before and they take the p#ss when paying by cheque. If they offered less I wouldn't mind but it's the way they've gone about it and the fact that PayPal are getting something from it!
schinnadorai

This just happened to me too. I have been paid by CeX via PayPal a number … This just happened to me too. I have been paid by CeX via PayPal a number of times in the past without fees. Going to ask them to refund and switch to BACS if this is how they do PayPal now.

I've done the same they're a nightmare to get hold of! I've emailed them yesterday morning and I haven't heard anything yet, and they have no phone number
TUSSFC

You're choosing Paypal over other free methods of payment. Why should … You're choosing Paypal over other free methods of payment. Why should they pay the fees and not you?

AFAIK, they never stated we would be charged fees. Can't remember the last time I was charged a fee for receiving money on PayPal - TCB don't do this.
schinnadorai

AFAIK, they never stated we would be charged fees. Can't remember the … AFAIK, they never stated we would be charged fees. Can't remember the last time I was charged a fee for receiving money on PayPal - TCB don't do this.

Exactly! No company charges for receiving payment via paypal, when sending money paypal gives the options who pays the fees and it is unfair for us to pay the fees without being warned prior.
I've also just been charged a fee, really not happy. It doesn't mention anywhere when selling that we will be charged that fee. If I would have been informed, I would have gone with BACS.

Has anyone who's already complained got a response?
robot1000

I've also just been charged a fee, really not happy. It doesn't mention … I've also just been charged a fee, really not happy. It doesn't mention anywhere when selling that we will be charged that fee. If I would have been informed, I would have gone with BACS.Has anyone who's already complained got a response?

Yes and they said there's nothing they can do as PayPal charged the fee. I then asked PayPal and they said CeX put the payment through as a personal payment instead of a service, so that's why it charged the customer a fee.

I have now gone back to CeX but I'm highly doubtful that anything will come out of it.
schinnadorai

Yes and they said there's nothing they can do as PayPal charged the fee. … Yes and they said there's nothing they can do as PayPal charged the fee. I then asked PayPal and they said CeX put the payment through as a personal payment instead of a service, so that's why it charged the customer a fee.I have now gone back to CeX but I'm highly doubtful that anything will come out of it.

I also spoke to Paypal and was informed of the opposite, that they had previously put it through as a 'personal payment' hence no fee, but the recent payments have been paid as a service and as such, the receiver pays the fees.

I've also sent an email to CeX, but I'd be interested to know what there response is to you.
robot1000

I also spoke to Paypal and was informed of the opposite, that they had … I also spoke to Paypal and was informed of the opposite, that they had previously put it through as a 'personal payment' hence no fee, but the recent payments have been paid as a service and as such, the receiver pays the fees.I've also sent an email to CeX, but I'd be interested to know what there response is to you.

I got the same information as you from PayPal that CEX had changed their way of sending payment. It has mysteriously appeared on CEX terms and conditions and it definitely wasnt there before

'' Where will my payment go?
Once the order has been completed, CeX will make the payment to you. We currently issue payment via one of the following methods:
Direct payment (to a valid bank account)
PayPal*
Cheque
CeX voucher
Please ensure that, where appropriate, your Bank account, Paypal and address details are valid to ensure prompt payment. Also note that a bank account can only be linked to a single CeX website membership. Only one method can be selected per order.

*Receiving funds via Paypal may incur a fee. Please check with PayPal for current rates. CeX do not cover this fee/charge. ''

Post a comment
@
    Text

Top Discussions

Top Merchants