Anyone else done something stupid today?

Went to tesco's today to do my weekly shop with hubby & the kids, went through the tills & the bill was £411.09!! So i told the bloke it was wrong (don't know why cos i could have got double the difference back :-( ) they had charged us £300.55 for a pack of hotdog rolls!! I feel so annoyed with myself for saying something as i could have got £600 back!!

31 Comments

credit crunch is pushing tesco prices up :whistling:

lmao doh things like that are so like oh my god that you had no chance of acting calmly, paying and claiming dtd, everyone bar me would have done the same, but as i dont have 411.09 in my bank it wouldnt have worked anyway and got declined :-(

did ya tell the cashier to 'bogoff' when he told u how much it came to?! lol

Original Poster

faevilangel;2967471

credit crunch is pushing tesco prices up :whistling:

tell me about it :lol: i always check my receipt after i paid normally & got to customer services if anything is wrong, but think because i'm not feeling well it just shocked me how much they had over charged me that i said something :-( how stupid do i feel :cry:

cheerleader;2967481

tell me about it :lol: i always check my receipt after i paid normally & … tell me about it :lol: i always check my receipt after i paid normally & got to customer services if anything is wrong, but think because i'm not feeling well it just shocked me how much they had over charged me that i said something :-( how stupid do i feel :cry:

Wow, that's a confusing sentence!!:p

Original Poster

Blue~Lion;2967478

lmao doh things like that are so like oh my god that you had no chance of … lmao doh things like that are so like oh my god that you had no chance of acting calmly, paying and claiming dtd, everyone bar me would have done the same, but as i dont have 411.09 in my bank it wouldnt have worked anyway and got declined :-(

:lol: we had enough money in our account & what makes it worse is hubby said don't say anything but i didn't hear him :cry: could have had the whole of my shopping for free & £500 extra in my bank account :-(

Original Poster

Daaker33;2967489

Wow, that's a confusing sentence!!:p

leave me alone i'm not feeling well

cheerleader;2967490

:lol: we had enough money in our account & what makes it worse is hubby … :lol: we had enough money in our account & what makes it worse is hubby said don't say anything but i didn't hear him :cry: could have had the whole of my shopping for free & £500 extra in my bank account :-(

they would have wangled their way out of it no doubt anyway hun, dont beat yourself up about it, just go back and buy some more hotdog rolls and try again :w00t:

i wonder if other people have noticed :whistling:

some got finger happy when keying in the price

Blue~Lion;2967504

they would have wangled their way out of it no doubt anyway hun, dont … they would have wangled their way out of it no doubt anyway hun, dont beat yourself up about it, just go back and buy some more hotdog rolls and try again :w00t:

the cashier should have noticed and said something to their boss

sorry but how could you have got double the money back?

wonkey;2967527

sorry but how could you have got double the money back?

tesco policy if your charged for an item, more than the price on the shelf then you get double the amount you were overcharged back

Original Poster

Blue~Lion;2967504

they would have wangled their way out of it no doubt anyway hun, dont … they would have wangled their way out of it no doubt anyway hun, dont beat yourself up about it, just go back and buy some more hotdog rolls and try again :w00t:

i would have if i had another whole weeks shop to do :lol: i don't think i would have got away with going up to the 5 items or less counter & paying £300.55 for a pack of 59p hot dog rolls :whistling:

Oh dear ...... I wonder if they would of actually given you double the difference ? :?
it's doubtful ! ? ...
.............................. & yes I for one do at least one stupid thing most days !

Original Poster

faevilangel;2967517

the cashier should have noticed and said something to their boss

he didn't notice until i stupidly opened my mouth :-( had to then wait for someone to come to the till to sort it out i asked for double the differnece back but he just laughed & said i don't think so!

i honestly think they would of tried to worm their way out of it

Original Poster

snowtiger;2967575

Oh dear ...... I wonder if they would of actually given you double the … Oh dear ...... I wonder if they would of actually given you double the difference ? :?it's doubtful ! ? ................................. & yes I for one do at least one stupid thing most days !

that's what hubby is saying but i think he's just trying to make me feel better :lol: cos double the difference is their policy that is there for everyone to see in store....
thanks hun xx

Original Poster

well if anyone wants to give it a try it was in Thanet Extra Tesco - the large fresh hot dog rolls 59p for a pack of 6

Banned

Doh!....

Banned

I've done the usually stupid stuff, hurt those close to me, seems a regular thing at the mo. Need to change my attitude I suppose.

Original Poster

Foosball Chum;2967630

I've done the usually stupid stuff, hurt those close to me, seems a … I've done the usually stupid stuff, hurt those close to me, seems a regular thing at the mo. Need to change my attitude I suppose.

aww yes be nice to others :thumbsup: also your football avatar is making me dizzy :lol:

Banned

cheerleader;2967660

aww yes be nice to others :thumbsup: also your football avatar is making … aww yes be nice to others :thumbsup: also your football avatar is making me dizzy :lol:

Cool, cos I think I've got a crush on your cheerleader, so I'll use the disorientation to get my own way :-D

ah well...where is Thanet?:?

I never even knew they had this Policy until a few weeks ago , usually when i see a mistake i just get my money back , until one lady said i can have double the diffence back.

I have never seen it clearly displayed in my local.

I think they would of tried to worm the way out of giving you double the difference back but as long as you stood ground they would of had to give you it as it is there Policy after all

I have done it myself though told the till bloke something is wrong , but when u do this you cant claim double the diffence .....so what ever the mistake just ignore it until u have paid

Original Poster

dontdothatagain;2967736

ah well...where is Thanet?:?

Kent Broadstairs....

Original Poster

Foosball Chum;2967689

Cool, cos I think I've got a crush on your cheerleader, so I'll use the … Cool, cos I think I've got a crush on your cheerleader, so I'll use the disorientation to get my own way :-D

cheerleader;2967799

Kent Broadstairs....

Too far away

[SIZE="4"]ya stupid dozy big mouthed jumping assed bint :w00t: [/SIZE]

....ya could have got them shoes with that money :roll:

Original Poster

owlass;2968401

[SIZE=4]ya stupid dozy big mouthed jumping assed bint :w00t: … [SIZE=4]ya stupid dozy big mouthed jumping assed bint :w00t: [/SIZE]....ya could have got them shoes with that money :roll:

what shoes? :?

you silly sausauge! lol

sausage = hot dog...get it?? boom boom

cheerleader;2968447

what shoes? :?

:shock: my god, a woman who doesn't have her eye on a pair of shoes!

............i'm in love :w00t:
Post a comment
@
    Text
    Top Discussions
    1. How much would you pay for this chair?66
    2. I banned myself from HUKD for 3m, I saved so much money!2235
    3. Just heard this...2 ★★★★★★★★★★★★★★ congrats to all on 392k ★★★★★★★★★★★★★★7764082
    4. Sad news about Barcelona1868

See more discussions