Expired

Anyone else experiencing issues claiming a Sweet Sundays Cineworld Ticket?

Found 22nd Nov 2013
I added the pack codes ages ago and today I went to claim my code for the second ticket. The cinema is selected but it does not let me select SMS or Email and so the claim button stays disabled.

I've tried 3 different browsers and no joy. Is anyone else experiencing issues with the ticket claim web page?

Thanks.
Community Updates
17 Comments
Thanks for the link. Looks like I should have claimed the ticket for a particular cinema before the 8th Nov. I had previously added the 4 codes. To many T&Cs about for various things to keep on top of! Thanks for your response. Maybe the codes will roll over to next year, if they run it again but if not I'll put it down to a loss but did enjoy the special offer priced chocs
Mars customer service : 0800 952 1234

The "CLAIM YOUR TICKET" button is greyed out. I will be calling them promptly tomorrow morning (ruined my Sunday). I suggest others do too. I have taken screen images of the wording on the home page:

"If you’ve already registered for a SWEET SUNDAYS® account, and wish to log in to redeem a ticket, you may do so until Sunday 24th November. All tickets must be used by this date."

Mars Chocolate UK Ltd

3D Dundee Road
Slough, Berkshire
SL1 4LG
Phone Number: 44 (0) 1664 410 000

Email Address: contact@uk.mars.com

Registration number: 6649984

VAT Number: GB 209 3486 57
Kevlar Engineer

Mars customer service : 0800 952 1234The "CLAIM YOUR TICKET" button is … Mars customer service : 0800 952 1234The "CLAIM YOUR TICKET" button is greyed out. I will be calling them promptly tomorrow morning (ruined my Sunday). I suggest others do too. I have taken screen images of the wording on the home page:"If you’ve already registered for a SWEET SUNDAYS® account, and wish to log in to redeem a ticket, you may do so until Sunday 24th November. All tickets must be used by this date."Mars Chocolate UK Ltd
3D Dundee RoadSlough, BerkshireSL1 4LGPhone Number: 44 (0) 1664 410 000
Email Address: contact@uk.mars.com
Registration number: 6649984
VAT Number: GB 209 3486 57

That quote is in conflict with the T&Cs. I've emailed them with a copy of a screen grab. I think I had planned to quote that on Friday when I emailed them but I was rather tired so didn't. Will see what they come back with.
thetarget

That quote is in conflict with the T&Cs. I've emailed them with a copy … That quote is in conflict with the T&Cs. I've emailed them with a copy of a screen grab. I think I had planned to quote that on Friday when I emailed them but I was rather tired so didn't. Will see what they come back with.

Any luck??
Kevlar Engineer

Any luck??

No joy from them as they just stated they meant it as to log in to get a reminder of the ticket claim code. Well the email response was something along those lines. Basically they badly worded what they put on the web page and you quoted but their T&Cs are clear.
same thing happened to me last year.
I had collected my codes quite a while before and just left them in my account, i then tryed to claim my tickets before the last sunday before
the offer ended (well within the stated dates for claiming and redeeming tickets)
I rang customer services and told them that i was well within the date, so i couldn't see why it wasn't working.
she said the offer had finished (going against dates stated on website)
I said it was not good enough, as the only reason i bought the sweets were to get the tickets, i have followed the procedure on the website, so should get a free ticket. or i have wasted my time and money collecting the codes.
She said it must be a fault i send you the codes by email.
I tryed to use these codes on the cineworld website and they did not work!!
I sent an email and got a reply saying the offer had ended!!
This is mars's fault and nothing to do with cineworld. They can't make rules and then break them.
My only advice is to claim the tickets early, and possibly use them a couple of sundays before the dates stated on the website.
IT'S A COMPLETE OUTRAGE!!
THEY STILL OWE ME 2 TICKETS FROM LAST YEAR!!!
jen28jen

same thing happened to me last year.I had collected my codes quite a … same thing happened to me last year.I had collected my codes quite a while before and just left them in my account, i then tryed to claim my tickets before the last sunday beforethe offer ended (well within the stated dates for claiming and redeeming tickets)I rang customer services and told them that i was well within the date, so i couldn't see why it wasn't working.she said the offer had finished (going against dates stated on website)I said it was not good enough, as the only reason i bought the sweets were to get the tickets, i have followed the procedure on the website, so should get a free ticket. or i have wasted my time and money collecting the codes.She said it must be a fault i send you the codes by email.I tryed to use these codes on the cineworld website and they did not work!!I sent an email and got a reply saying the offer had ended!!This is mars's fault and nothing to do with cineworld. They can't make rules and then break them.My only advice is to claim the tickets early, and possibly use them a couple of sundays before the dates stated on the website.IT'S A COMPLETE OUTRAGE!!THEY STILL OWE ME 2 TICKETS FROM LAST YEAR!!!

Epic 10 month thread bump!

oO
Having similar problems Sept 2015.....seems like nothing has changed. Go to Cineworld website, pick appropriate 2d film on a Sunday, enter voucher codes - accepted and showing as valid, choose seats, confirm and enter card details, authorise payment £1 booking fee, sorry an error has occurred click here to view your film selection. Tried 3 different browsers, all give the same result.E-mailed Cineworld and just got a standard copy & pasted dialogue on how to book using voucher codes - which didn't answer my question.
They clearly don't want you to have these tickets do they......
Busa1340r

Having similar problems Sept 2015.....seems like nothing has changed. Go … Having similar problems Sept 2015.....seems like nothing has changed. Go to Cineworld website, pick appropriate 2d film on a Sunday, enter voucher codes - accepted and showing as valid, choose seats, confirm and enter card details, authorise payment £1 booking fee, sorry an error has occurred click here to view your film selection. Tried 3 different browsers, all give the same result.E-mailed Cineworld and just got a standard copy & pasted dialogue on how to book using voucher codes - which didn't answer my question.They clearly don't want you to have these tickets do they......

Could you take the code to the cinema and get the tickets there instead? Unless you are planning on going peak time to a very popular movie and are concerned it may be sold out.

Maybe there is a fault with the Cineworld website and it will work properly a while later or the next day.
thetarget

Could you take the code to the cinema and get the tickets there instead? … Could you take the code to the cinema and get the tickets there instead? Unless you are planning on going peak time to a very popular movie and are concerned it may be sold out. Maybe there is a fault with the Cineworld website and it will work properly a while later or the next day.

Well yes, or at least maybe........because if I log into my Sweet Sundays account now it shows the point accumulated as spent, so I'm guessing the same would apply when I reached the front of the queue and asked them to scan my QR codes only with greater embarrassment factor. I should add perhaps that this particular participating cinema is about a 30-40min drive away on the other side of town. To add insult to injury it seems that my multiple attempts to get this to work has now resulted in 4x 25p being debited from my account and still no tickets. It's only £1 so meh......
I could of course ring their (10p/m) hot-line, but I'm not sure that I can be bothered frankly.....too much like hard work, which I assume is what they hope I'll think.
Had the same problem couldn't book online. I just went in on Sunday and they just scanned the QR code saved me a quid booking fee. I wouldn't be embarrassed about it either tons of people were doing the same thing
That's good to know, thanks for your reply. Might give that a go then in a week or two.
I've just tried to book at cineworld site. I had the booking fee problem a few weeks ago but this time it's trying to charge me £2.20 for the 'free' ticket. What is going on with this sweet sundays promotion??
Are you sure you selected standard seats and 2D (not 3D) film?........if not they will charge you the difference in price.
Busa1340r

Are you sure you selected standard seats and 2D (not 3D) film?........if … Are you sure you selected standard seats and 2D (not 3D) film?........if not they will charge you the difference in price.

I also was going to be charged £2.20 per ticket (£4.40 for 2 tickets) for a 2D film yesterday. Initially I tried to book online and thought it might be some sort of booking fee (even though the T&Cs state no booking fee). I instead got the tickets at the cinema itself (scanning the QR codes on my phone). The cashier was again going to charge me £4.40 in total, until I asked "shouldn't they be free?". The manager was called over and had to do a manager's authorisation! I was told it was an error in their system!
When do you have to claim them? Is there a set date?
Post a comment
@
    Text

Top Discussions