Anyone else feel like customer service on online sites is getting worse and worse?

Posted 12th Dec 2019
Not sure what it is lately, but any issue I had has been a complete nightmare to get sorted.

The only good customer service I experienced lately was Phillips Sonicare when my toothbrush stopped working.

Middle mouse button on my Logitech mouse has broken. I started the return via warranty 2 weeks ago and now they have just vanished, ghosting my emails. No idea if they are helping me or not now.

Bought a BB gun from bbguns4less and they have just ignored my issues and when I went to put a negative review of the product on their site they deleted it so I can't warn other customers not to waste their money.

Aria PC + Asus take the cake though. Sent them back my faulty Asus Motherboard October the 25th! I still don't have a damned clue what's going on almost 2 months later. Aria sent it to Asus, but have not provided any updates to me unless I spend 30 minutes on hold to call them. They completely ignore my emails now (they replied the first two times). It could turn out I've waited more than 2 months (by the time I get an answer) for nothing as they could still refuse to even replace it!

I'm not sure if I am on a run of bad luck or what? Are some of these retailers getting away with too much now, seems like customer power is slowly becoming non existent.
Community Updates
Misc
11 Comments
It depends what kind of products you buy.
I think that you might get better customer service from law enforcement. Drop them a line about your woes.
Edited by: "Erudite" 12th Dec 2019
I would always complain to head office
they can’t act upon feedback if they aren’t aware.
I don't know if its the time of the year. But I've made complaints to Currys and Costco 5 days ago and not heard anything.
You are telling me, I have been trying for nearly 4 months to sort an incorrect meter reading with Scottish Power, say they will call back, then they don't, say they know whats gone wrong - so SORT IT, I am at the end of my tether with it,
Like all Customer services, you never can speak to the same person, and then they just pass you from one person to another, and to take them to the ombudsman, you have to have written confirmation of any communication, how can you do that when it has involved just phone calls !!!!!!!!
YES, I have had enough of these Customer Service Call centres !!!!!!!
you seem to buy a lot of faulty items... hmm
Last complaint I made was to MyProtein. A bag was slightly torn so I sent them a pic, they told me to keep the 5kg bag and sent me a replacement too
Complain on social media, they really hate that and then that usually triggers them to do something
Satchmo:
You are telling me, I have been trying for nearly 4 months to sort an incorrect meter reading with Scottish Power, say they will call back, then they don't, say they know whats gone wrong - so SORT IT, I am at the end of my tether with it,
Like all Customer services, you never can speak to the same person, and then they just pass you from one person to another, and to take them to the ombudsman, you have to have written confirmation of any communication, how can you do that when it has involved just phone calls !!!!!!!!
YES, I have had enough of these Customer Service Call centres !!!!!!!

Good luck with that bunch of cretins. I had an ongoing complaint for 18 months with them and it was never properly resolved. It only ended because we moved house & no longer had to deal with them!
Yes yes yes

Recently had a parcel from peacocks delivered to store .

Parcel was signed for at store but store day they don’t have it , tracking says left in safe place

Can’t get hold of anyone at peacocks and my Hermes is like making contacting with a life form in another galaxy

Out of the two firms I’ve tried calling and emailing for three days and I’m still unable to talk to a human
Edited by: "ashmac" 12th Dec 2019
david_george_t12/12/2019 16:30

I would always complain to head office they can’t act upon feedback if t …I would always complain to head office they can’t act upon feedback if they aren’t aware.

I'm having to do this now with almost every single complaint. I've had at least 4 - 5 in the last month (high volume of orders for a house refurb) and even then, the exec responses are slow and/or unhelpful.

I have an ongoing Amazon issue that they would absolutely lose if we went to court and I can't for the life of me understand why they are digging their heels in. It's for £30. I've had maybe 3 returns in the past year, all low value. I've spent thousands with them in the past year. I'm a great customer.

I've had to repeatedly escalate refunds not processed by John Lewis and Ikea. Amounts in the £30 - £50 range. I tried emailing (no response)/phone (fobbed off)/Twitter (no response! and finally had to file Paypal claims. Only then were they refunded. The amount of time I've had to invest is ridiculous.

I ordered an item from Zara Home. It didn't turn up. I contacted customer service and the rep was so rude I will never order from them again. Item was £20.

The drop in customer service has been very noticeable to me.
Bananabrain13/12/2019 09:40

I'm having to do this now with almost every single complaint. I've had at …I'm having to do this now with almost every single complaint. I've had at least 4 - 5 in the last month (high volume of orders for a house refurb) and even then, the exec responses are slow and/or unhelpful.I have an ongoing Amazon issue that they would absolutely lose if we went to court and I can't for the life of me understand why they are digging their heels in. It's for £30. I've had maybe 3 returns in the past year, all low value. I've spent thousands with them in the past year. I'm a great customer.I've had to repeatedly escalate refunds not processed by John Lewis and Ikea. Amounts in the £30 - £50 range. I tried emailing (no response)/phone (fobbed off)/Twitter (no response! and finally had to file Paypal claims. Only then were they refunded. The amount of time I've had to invest is ridiculous.I ordered an item from Zara Home. It didn't turn up. I contacted customer service and the rep was so rude I will never order from them again. Item was £20.The drop in customer service has been very noticeable to me.

Good
i just wish everyone could take a leap and do the same
Post a comment
@
    Text

Discussions

Top Merchants