Anyone else get an early morning call from PC World

I was rudely awoken at 6.30 this morning from someone claiming to be calling from PC World. Wanting to know if my internet connection had become slow.

All I could say was "No, why are you phoning me at this hour in the morning!?" To which he replied "It's what time we open"

I was fuming, and couldn't get back to sleep after. Anyone else get a phone call?

8 Comments

pc world aren't an internet service provider, why would they be interested?! unless they want to try and get you buy a new router.

Why would PC World be asking if your internet connection was slow? It's not like they are an ISP. Probably was a sales call from a foreign? call centre and/or a prank call.

Most likely be the same Indian scammers who called me from Microsoft's Web Monitoring centre after noticing that one of my pcs had a virus...*ahem*...perhaps they're trying the name of a UK company to drum up more interest!

Oops, my bad =/

Original Poster

The guy on the phone was Irish. My girlfriend says she knows a couple of people who got called by them. It was on my mobile which was a little odd. Looks like someone's been selling there customer database.

martyn_3000

The guy on the phone was Irish. My girlfriend says she knows a couple of … The guy on the phone was Irish. My girlfriend says she knows a couple of people who got called by them. It was on my mobile which was a little odd. Looks like someone's been selling there customer database.

People cant do this accents? My mate can do so many, its hilarious!!

The manager at Thomas Cook, trying to get revenge because you won't give him his £100 back??? Go in tomorrow, I bet the manager's Irish!!

Original Poster

Ha, someones been following my other thread!

I thought for a min it was a gypsy trying to seduce me. Then I realised I'm not a character in big fat gypsy wedding.
Edited by: "martyn_3000" 8th Feb 2011
Post a comment
@
    Text
    Top Discussions
    1. Xbox One - Buying from Other Regions *WITHOUT* A VPN (Virtual Private Netwo…1841335
    2. Toys R Us may soon be Toys No More - USA possibly filing for Bankruptcy2425
    3. Just heard this...2 ★★★★★★★★★★★★★★ congrats to all on 392k ★★★★★★★★★★★★★★7767171
    4. I want to talk about the WEATHER no politics no religion19047080

See more discussions