Anyone else get annoyed with dropseller pretending to be sending from UK?

Posted 17th Nov
I often buy items that are typically sold and sourced from Banggood and Gearbest, like smart xiaomi products and such,

Typically most items I look at can be sent and be with me within a week, they normally come in a package sent from the UK because I assume they ship them to a UK warehouse and then send on.

I often depending on what it is look on ebay and will often pay 10-20% more to hopefully get it quicker, 3-4 days instead on 6-7 days,

the seller will say delivery from the uk, but its clear that the time it takes 6-7 days it looks like there just dropshipping (buying of gearbest and putting your address) they make a small 10-20% profit and maybe some affiliate.

the package will show a uk sender adress like it would if bought from gearbest, with the delivery time it seems most likely this is a dropship.

am I just being anal but I find this annoying, if they are droppshipping then it is not being delivered from the UK?
Community Updates
Misc
10 Comments
Just use your common sense, they come from China and you buy because the goods are cheaper.

You are annoyed because you want to have expectation that could not be realised in realism.

If time is of the essence, and that you want to avoid personal emotions of being annoyed. You would have bought from Amazon or local UK shops.

Added
As estimates, my personal and common experience, Amazon and UK high street shops, their estimates are more frequently realised than eBay's, especially when one is talking variations of estimates for about 3-4 days instead on 6-7 days.
Edited by: "splender" 17th Nov
Usual reply to a (boring) (exciting) (blah blah) reply.
Edit
Add a to show empathy
splender17/11/2019 12:26

Just use your common sense, they come from China and you buy because the …Just use your common sense, they come from China and you buy because the goods are cheaper.You are annoyed because you want to have expectation that could not be realised in realism.If time is of the essence, and that you want to avoid personal emotions of being annoyed. You would have bought from Amazon or local UK shops.AddedAs estimates, my personal and common experience, Amazon and UK high street shops, their estimates are more frequently realised than eBay's, especially when one is talking variations of estimates for about 3-4 days instead on 6-7 days.

How can I use my common sense, sometimes the seller have got them shipped from China and have them in stock and get sent Royal mail 2nd and are here in 3-4 days,

If they dropship they take 6-7 which at that point I could of order banggood myself for less money

Am I being ass for leaving people that I feel are droppshiooijg bad feedback for being misleading saying they ship from UK when they clearly not ?
Gumbon17/11/2019 12:40

How can I use my common sense, sometimes the seller have got them shipped …How can I use my common sense, sometimes the seller have got them shipped from China and have them in stock and get sent Royal mail 2nd and are here in 3-4 days, If they dropship they take 6-7 which at that point I could of order banggood myself for less moneyAm I being ass for leaving people that I feel are droppshiooijg bad feedback for being misleading saying they ship from UK when they clearly not ?

They are estimates, so my common sense tells me this, from delivery experience on eBay, allow a few days of variation. Another common sense is, the specified 3-4 days and 6-7 days ranges, they are not 100% fullfilment, I don't know what the reality is. This less than 100% is very common in everyday life.
Is dropshipping also a way of avoiding Customs - restickering it with a Royal Mail label?

Usually if you click on a seller's page on ebay it tells you where they're really based, though it's annoying when the main listing suggests it's "Salford, UK", or wherever, and it's not. But the item will be much cheaper than a legit UK seller, so, it's up to the buyer to decide.

Eg, listing page for this seller (not picking on them, just using as an example)
39011262-YzdD6.jpgebay.co.uk/usr…led
39011262-EfHHT.jpg
Goggles4U definitely does dropshipping, but their delivery is pretty quick - 10-14 days and I think they're great, so, it's no problem for me.
splender17/11/2019 12:46

They are estimates, so my common sense tells me this, from delivery …They are estimates, so my common sense tells me this, from delivery experience on eBay, allow a few days of variation. Another common sense is, the specified 3-4 days and 6-7 days ranges, they are not 100% fullfilment, I don't know what the reality is. This less than 100% is very common in everyday life.

I'm not talking about estimates I'm talking about people lying about where the item is shipped from, it's clear that sometimes they are droppshiooijg from Poland for example
louiselouise17/11/2019 13:00

Is dropshipping also a way of avoiding Customs - restickering it with a …Is dropshipping also a way of avoiding Customs - restickering it with a Royal Mail label? Usually if you click on a seller's page on ebay it tells you where they're really based, though it's annoying when the main listing suggests it's "Salford, UK", or wherever, and it's not. But the item will be much cheaper than a legit UK seller, so, it's up to the buyer to decide.Eg, listing page for this seller (not picking on them, just using as an example)[Image] https://www.ebay.co.uk/usr/magicaled[Image] Goggles4U definitely does dropshipping, but their delivery is pretty quick - 10-14 days and I think they're great, so, it's no problem for me.

Yes again is a good indicator but even then some of these sellers do have a warehouse they have stocked ready to be shipped from UK so again could be avoiding what is good stock

Am I an ass for leaving the 6-7 droppshippers bad feedback
Gumbon17/11/2019 13:02

I'm not talking about estimates I'm talking about people lying about where …I'm not talking about estimates I'm talking about people lying about where the item is shipped from, it's clear that sometimes they are droppshiooijg from Poland for example

I know what you mean. However, my point is directed at your emotional reaction to something that you suspected, that which you
had experience before, drop-shipping, hence not truly despatching from stock with a warehouse in GB.
You know or suspect to be so...from an estimate of 6-7 days, if the goods arrived with you as stated, 6-7 days, am I correct to say:-

1. You are not annoyed about the 6-7 days because actual delivery is in time, but
2. You are annoyed about the despatch location because it is lie?

I have considered nearly always bad feedback for a few days delivery late as unfair. Considering in context that I have not ever had a lost item from AliExpress, nor eBay, I think they are to be commended. As I do look for feedback about lost or undelivered items.
First world problem.
"...am I just being anal but I find this annoying, if they are droppshipping then it is not being delivered from the UK?"

Of course they are being delivered from the UK.

Is being despatched from the UK what you should be seeking instead?
Post a comment
@
    Text

Discussions

Top Merchants