Groups

Anyone else getting annoyed with this stupid Google Instant!?

Really winds me up.I type in my search it throws it up and then lands at the bottom of the page.I then cannot scroll down cos it just tabs down to the next find.
    TURN IT OFF AND IT JUS KEEPS COMING BACK!
    Anyone else hate it !!

7 Comments

yeah its **** annoying but i managed to turn it off completly so im all happy now!

Original Poster

I turn it off then it randomly comes back a few days later....did you just click on 'turn instant off' button and it stayed off?

I like it

When i go to use backspace it just stays were it was, I have to do a complete search again

Banned

nop, its fine for me. Lags a little bit sometimes

You should be able to modify the search settings here: google.co.uk/pre…ces just remember to hit save at the bottom. I have a Google account and I am always logged in, perhaps that is why it always remembers it for me.

The issue I have been having is since this 'update' I have been unable to turn off the 'suggestions' that appear when you begin typing in the search box. I personally find this extremely annoying as I type faster than I could click any of the suggestions, so never use the feature.

Although I have just found a way around it by using google.co.uk/web…e=0 as my homepage instead. The "webhp?complete=0" seems to disable the suggestions thankfully.

I have got use to the side bar being on Google now but it really does annoy me when they add features without an option to turn on/off. I hear a lot of people are now using Bing instead but I find that just the same, too much stuff being rammed down my throat with no options to customise
    Edited by: "PhearFactor" 8th Dec 2010

It comes back on after you press the 'clear recent history'
    Post a comment
    @
      Text
      Top Discussions
      1. Find out how good your GP surgery is11
      2. Microsoft Gamescom - Possibly more free games / Project Scorpio710
      3. Just heard this...2 ★★★★★★★★★★★★★★ congrats to all on 392k ★★★★★★★★★★★★★★7764220
      4. Sad Gazza anecdote August 8th 2017 - Beyond help?1625

See more discussions