Groups

Anyone else getting Paypal e-mails asking to confirm account status?

Got one last night and another one today asking to confirm account status and get verified.

Anyone else get this?

I usually ignore any Paypal e-mails.

12 Comments

Yep i'm getting the same, i've just ignored it and carried on with my account as usual

I have limited access on my account and Paypal emailed me to ask me to update deatails with password etc which i done and thay have now said i need to send copies of my driving licence and passport, Yeah right !

They can get stuffed as i reckon i can live without Paypal.

Needless to say i will soon be cancelling my account with them.

Hey!
    Ive received one couple of weeks back.

What ever you do dont open the link and enter your details. its a fake email.
    open a new window go to Paypal and log in to your account. from there look at your resolution centre. you wont have a case.
    But the email states you will have a open case with a case ID. but the case ID will be fake with a extra number in the case ID.

Like a original case ID would be PP-123-456-789
    The email might have a ID PP-123-3456-789

Hope this helps :thumbsup:

thej;2064436

Got one too,when you log in paypal gives you a number then phones … Got one too,when you log in paypal gives you a number then phones you,enter the number and that's it.

Please tell me your kidding...if not then i would check your account as you maybe a few quid in debt by now..........there is always one i suppose..:thumbsup:

i have had loads of these from both ebay and paypal.
    dont click the link its how they hijack your account

I got one saying a payment i had made had gone through. I knew i hadnt bought anything recently so i opened up a new page and looked at paypal there and it was all fine. No payments made.

I've had a pretty lucky day today. Apparently I have some long lost relatives in Africa that have died and left me millions of £'s. All I had to do was send a registration fee which they will pay into my paypal account so naturally I had to give them those details to...

Anyway, I decided to do some spending while I wait for this cash to come in. I bought a masters degree in science from Havard Uni without actually having to learn anything or sit an exam. Also managed to get some genuine rolex watches for $50's each - I was a selected few so couldn't post on here sorry; but I ordered several so I might put some up for sale here when they arrive. Also my love making should now be all n1ght long now as well as a couple of extra inches from some proven to be safe pills.

One last thing as well. On one of those sites I clicked on, they noticed my computer wasn't safe from hackers but for a small fee of $30 I can download some software that will make it secure! Phew. As a bonus I get a free rapidshare and a megaupload premium account for life. Its just downloading now; 7GB for hacker-safe software is resonable right?

I am pretty much set up for life now

thej;2064630

My mistake,must have been a different mail as there is no link included.

I had one of those, I logged in, they rang me and told me I wasn't recognised, so they posted the number instead. Got me another number on my verified username.:p Waste of time.;-)

thej;2064566

Not one here mate,edited my post to say i had actually logged in to … Not one here mate,edited my post to say i had actually logged in to paypal itself,but thanks for your genuine concern :whistling:

Phew...:-D

i had one asking me to verify my bank account, anyway they made two small payments into the account and then i have to tell them on the paypal page the amounts. seems ok, hope so:oops:

toratown;2066258

i had one asking me to verify my bank account, anyway they made two small … i had one asking me to verify my bank account, anyway they made two small payments into the account and then i have to tell them on the paypal page the amounts. seems ok, hope so:oops:

Thats ok :thumbsup: Just dont follow any links sent in emails :roll:

i have had an email from paypal asking me to verify certain terms as i had gone over a certain limit in the last 12 months. there was not a link on the email, i was asked to log into my paypal account which i did

the request was genuine. i had to verify my phone number and also they deducted £1 from my bank account that paypal is listed to and once i had confirmed the 4 digit code they refunded the £1 to my paypal account

in other news.... i get about 10 phishing emails a day from dodgy people set up pretending to be banks. obviously im not stupid enough to click any links but i feel sorry for the daft folk who will do this who are none the wiser
    Post a comment
    @
      Text
      Top Discussions
      1. Type 11, 21 or 22 Radiators?22
      2. Just an thought regarding Paypal55
      3. Car park fine UKPC1521
      4. Baby seat hiring car abroad68

See more discussions