Anyone else getting the urge to buy random unwanted non essential goods due to boredom?

Posted 22nd Mar
I am seriously trying to use logic & not buy unnecessary gadgets but I am struggling.

Managed so far just to buy some new towels (which I dont need) but I was seconds away from buying a £100 garmin watch which I will never ever use.

We are on day 9 out of 14 in isolation & the whole house is going nuts.

You don't realise how often you have to repeat the rules to teenagers. It is draining. Now we are teaching them to cook but yet again.... Draining.
Community Updates
Misc

Groups

Top comments
Nope. I’m saving cash don’t know if jobs are safe or not. And all this that’s going on is making me reflect what’s important and how materialistic we have become.
I'm not in isolation but I've lined up plenty of projects in case I am. One is to learn to crochet. I can't think of many practical.uses for this but I can't do it so I shall learn. Had a go today, I'm rubbish.
33 Comments
I'm not in isolation but I've lined up plenty of projects in case I am. One is to learn to crochet. I can't think of many practical.uses for this but I can't do it so I shall learn. Had a go today, I'm rubbish.
Nope. I’m saving cash don’t know if jobs are safe or not. And all this that’s going on is making me reflect what’s important and how materialistic we have become.
discozohan22/03/2020 00:35

Nope. I’m saving cash don’t know if jobs are safe or not. And all this tha …Nope. I’m saving cash don’t know if jobs are safe or not. And all this that’s going on is making me reflect what’s important and how materialistic we have become.

See that is the problem we have. Discipline gets lost when you are slowly going insane. It is like being in prison but we have sky tv & the internet.
psychobitchfromhell22/03/2020 00:32

I'm not in isolation but I've lined up plenty of projects in case I am. …I'm not in isolation but I've lined up plenty of projects in case I am. One is to learn to crochet. I can't think of many practical.uses for this but I can't do it so I shall learn. Had a go today, I'm rubbish.

lol. I bought a few books off of ebay a few months ago but I cannot be bothered. I can read already.
@Willy_Wonka you need to wonka your willy more.
ScubaDudes22/03/2020 00:50

@Willy_Wonka you need to wonka your willy more.

I haven't got one
Willy_Wonka22/03/2020 00:40

lol. I bought a few books off of ebay a few months ago but I cannot be …lol. I bought a few books off of ebay a few months ago but I cannot be bothered. I can read already.

I have asthma so I'm trying to be as distant as I can whilst maintaining a touch of reality. Today I weeded the front garden. I would normally have cut the grass too but I'm saving that until tomorrow. Gotta ration these treats. I do have a dog and I'm still walking him several miles a day, just going to more sparsely occupied spaces. For me it is the balance of keeping safe yet maintaining reality. If you ask me if I could completely self isolate for a fortnight I'd say yes because I have my garden. If I lived in a flat not too sure.
40158954-orDca.jpg
Biddy222/03/2020 01:06

[Image]

you fine then biddy. Bo and beano we were more worried about
psychobitchfromhell22/03/2020 01:08

you fine then biddy. Bo and beano we were more worried about

They despise visitors coming to the house. Even family. They go out the way so they don’t have to see them.
Biddy222/03/2020 01:10

They despise visitors coming to the house. Even family. They go out the …They despise visitors coming to the house. Even family. They go out the way so they don’t have to see them.

Ah. Now I get your pic! I have 3 cats & maybe another 2 kittens in 3 weeks.
Biddy222/03/2020 01:10

They despise visitors coming to the house. Even family. They go out the …They despise visitors coming to the house. Even family. They go out the way so they don’t have to see them.

isambard loves visitors. Isambard loves everything. Op if you are thinking of a dog to tide you over this social isolation thingy I guess the answer has to be pugs. They chase away visitors whereas my lab would drag them in.
Willy_Wonka22/03/2020 01:11

Ah. Now I get your pic! I have 3 cats & maybe another 2 kittens in 3 …Ah. Now I get your pic! I have 3 cats & maybe another 2 kittens in 3 weeks.

Kittens are so cute. Puppies are hard work but love you later in life, kittens vice versa
Willy_Wonka22/03/2020 01:11

Ah. Now I get your pic! I have 3 cats & maybe another 2 kittens in 3 …Ah. Now I get your pic! I have 3 cats & maybe another 2 kittens in 3 weeks.

I’ve got pugs. (That’s who @psychobitchfromhell was referring to) They’re very loyal.

psychobitchfromhell22/03/2020 01:15

isambard loves visitors. Isambard loves everything. Op if you are thinking …isambard loves visitors. Isambard loves everything. Op if you are thinking of a dog to tide you over this social isolation thingy I guess the answer has to be pugs. They chase away visitors whereas my lab would drag them in.

They don’t chase them away. They greet visitors and then go “Done enough. Screw these a-holes. I’m off to bed. No, not my bed. YOUR bed. You let them in this house so you deal with it. Ta.”
Biddy222/03/2020 01:20

I’ve got pugs. (That’s who @psychobitchfromhell was referring to) They’re v …I’ve got pugs. (That’s who @psychobitchfromhell was referring to) They’re very loyal. They don’t chase them away. They greet visitors and then go “Done enough. Screw these a-holes. I’m off to bed. No, not my bed. YOUR bed. You let them in this house so you deal with it. Ta.”

My other half is a dog lover but my cats were her before him & will be here after him. Priority is.... Cats or Kids or Kids or Cats then him & he knows it.
Willy_Wonka22/03/2020 01:26

My other half is a dog lover but my cats were her before him & will be …My other half is a dog lover but my cats were her before him & will be here after him. Priority is.... Cats or Kids or Kids or Cats then him & he knows it.

Buy another cat. Boredom sorted. If partner and kids object, self isolate from them. Sorted. @Biddy2 we've saved the world again.
Willy_Wonka22/03/2020 01:26

My other half is a dog lover but my cats were her before him & will be …My other half is a dog lover but my cats were her before him & will be here after him. Priority is.... Cats or Kids or Kids or Cats then him & he knows it.

As it should be. I’ve got 2 cats too but they aren’t as loyal as the pugs. Even my parrot is more loyal.

I know, dogs, cats and a parrot. It shouldn’t work. It goes against all the rules of nature but they all get along without any problems. I even leave the parrot out of his cage during the day when I’m at home and none of them bat an eyelid. Been like it for years now. Weird how they just know they’re family.
psychobitchfromhell22/03/2020 01:36

Buy another cat. Boredom sorted. If partner and kids object, self isolate …Buy another cat. Boredom sorted. If partner and kids object, self isolate from them. Sorted. @Biddy2 we've saved the world again.

40159013-6LpI7.jpg

Biddy222/03/2020 01:38

[Image]

I can't help it biddles, I'm just a genius. Now with regards to the teenagers, I would recommend locking them in the attic. That or French foreign legion. Shopping business, I'd say go for it. Buy the lot then return it under distance selling regulations. sorted. My fee for this advice is £1200000000000
psychobitchfromhell22/03/2020 01:44

My fee for this advice is £1200000000000

It used to be tree fiddy. I know the economy has taken a hit with this virus but jeez.
Biddy222/03/2020 01:51

It used to be tree fiddy. I know the economy has taken a hit with this …It used to be tree fiddy. I know the economy has taken a hit with this virus but jeez.

Not been that for a very long time. A girl as to make a living.
psychobitchfromhell22/03/2020 01:58

Not been that for a very long time. A girl as to make a living.

I’ve got a pack of spaghetti and one roll of Andrex. Best I can offer.
Biddy222/03/2020 02:12

I have enough of both to last me six months. Get back on your ark and I'll go back to being 2IC. @Willy_Wonka , you get bored head over to the just heard this thread on misc. Guarantee you won't be bored again.hotukdeals.com/dis…403
Confused maybe, scared possibly, overwhelmed certainly

I actually feel really guilty. A month before this all kicked off I bought a load of toilet roll & tins of chopped tomatoes from Amazon from deals on this very site on miss-prices.

Most of the tomatoes went to foodbanks because i only paid 59p for 12 cans. I might drop the rest off to those working in intensive care tomorrow. But obviously I will keep my distance & wear one of the hundreds of masks I have bought.

I've got a brand new combine harvested
Willy_Wonka22/03/2020 02:21

I actually feel really guilty. A month before this all kicked off I bought …I actually feel really guilty. A month before this all kicked off I bought a load of toilet roll & tins of chopped tomatoes from Amazon from deals on this very site on miss-prices. Most of the tomatoes went to foodbanks because i only paid 59p for 12 cans. I might drop the rest off to those working in intensive care tomorrow. But obviously I will keep my distance & wear one of the hundreds of masks I have bought.

nothing wrong with that. I bought loads of tins of tomatoes and the food bank got some and the neighbour got others. stockpiling is only wrong if it deprives others. I've 90 ish rolls of toilet paper. I bought it months ago on special offer. Stockpiling is one thing,panic buying is another
psychobitchfromhell22/03/2020 02:20

I have enough of both to last me six months. Get back on your ark and I'll …I have enough of both to last me six months. Get back on your ark and I'll go back to being 2IC. @Willy_Wonka , you get bored head over to the just heard this thread on misc. Guarantee you won't be bored again.https://www.hotukdeals.com/discussions/just-heard-this2-congrats-to-all-on-392k-2437403Confused maybe, scared possibly, overwhelmed certainly

But...

psychobitchfromhell22/03/2020 02:21

I've got a brand new combine harvested[Video]

Not sure where you’re parking that either.

Willy_Wonka22/03/2020 02:21

I actually feel really guilty. A month before this all kicked off I bought …I actually feel really guilty. A month before this all kicked off I bought a load of toilet roll & tins of chopped tomatoes from Amazon from deals on this very site on miss-prices. Most of the tomatoes went to foodbanks because i only paid 59p for 12 cans. I might drop the rest off to those working in intensive care tomorrow. But obviously I will keep my distance & wear one of the hundreds of masks I have bought.

I can’t tell if this is a joke or not because that last sentence feels like a punchline.
Biddy222/03/2020 02:52

But... Not sure where you’re parking that either. I can’t tell if t …But... Not sure where you’re parking that either. I can’t tell if this is a joke or not because that last sentence feels like a punchline.

My other half uses them for his job.
Feel like there are going to be some exhausted well walked dogs over the next few weeks out there
I've personally been feeling the opposite. At the moment both mine and my husband's jobs are still secure but the not knowing has stopped us wanting to spend if we don't need to. We each had a new game (Animal Crossing for me, Doom for him), I bought a secondhand Japanese textbook with some money I had on Amazon and that's it for our frivolous spending.

I do, however, have quite a few hobbies and this period of time is just giving me more time to do them and make use of all the things I HAVE bought over the years.
Whoohoo22/03/2020 07:08

Feel like there are going to be some exhausted well walked dogs over the …Feel like there are going to be some exhausted well walked dogs over the next few weeks out there

one sitting right next to me now. Mind you, he gets a big.long walk regardless
psychobitchfromhell22/03/2020 00:32

I'm not in isolation but I've lined up plenty of projects in case I am. …I'm not in isolation but I've lined up plenty of projects in case I am. One is to learn to crochet. I can't think of many practical.uses for this but I can't do it so I shall learn. Had a go today, I'm rubbish.

I’m gonna tune my Ukulele that I was bought years ago and teach myself. Bored of “Row row row your boat”
No, I shouldn't be buying much.
Post a comment
@
    Text

Discussions

Discussions

Top Merchants