Groups

Anyone else go to the pub with their boss EVERYDAY!??

I work in a small company, and sit nxt to my boss, only about 6 people full time. Usually just me and the bossman in the same office, side by side.

Theres no where to run!!
    Except venture to the pub, i make my own lunch, so its either that or sit stuck in the same 4 walls for 7 hours!!

Everyday, same chat,dont particularly want to go but no option!! When I say no, he gets a bit uppity, and then it makes an awkward atmosphere.

Anyone else the same?

31 Comments

Banned

I don't think my boss drinks.

Get a new boss.

Sleep with him.
    It will make it awkward to go out to lunch together from then on in.

Original Poster

im trying to get a new boss!!! So hard

Time for a Gingerbread upgrade

Banned

peterjmay

im trying to get a new boss!!! So hard

Why is it hard?

Original Poster

DLM

Why is it hard?

erm hard to get a new job!!??

You only work/sit in the office for 7 hours a day???

Is there a lucnhtime activity you could try instead - badminton, kiteflying (one of my collegues does that!) etc

AberdeenDad

Is there a lucnhtime activity you could try instead - badminton, … Is there a lucnhtime activity you could try instead - badminton, kiteflying (one of my collegues does that!) etc

yeah go gym or something...... somewhere he hasnt got membership to!

If you don't want to do it then tell him politely that you do not want to go. If he's off with you just ask him what the problem is, chances are he won't stay off with you when you confront him about being arsey. It's always best to be upfront straight away.

AberdeenDad

Is there a lucnhtime activity you could try instead - badminton, … Is there a lucnhtime activity you could try instead - badminton, kiteflying (one of my collegues does that!) etc

Kiteflying would be fun on a day like today (windy) - has your colleague been seen since lunchtime? (or is he/she somewhere over the North sea at 10,000 ft?)

Go to the pub with them but do something really embarrassing whilst you are there so he won't ask again.

Go to the nearest 'hard knock ' pub and put all gay music on the jukebox.
    Edited by: "greg_68" 4th Feb 2011

Banned

Rhianne

If you don't want to do it then tell him politely that you do not want to … If you don't want to do it then tell him politely that you do not want to go. If he's off with you just ask him what the problem is, chances are he won't stay off with you when you confront him about being arsey. It's always best to be upfront straight away.

What useful advice.

Oh wait... no.

Banned

DLM

I don't think my boss drinks.Get a new boss.

Aww you have a boss. Cute.

Banned

peterjmay

I have just got a new job and it wasn't difficult to find.erm hard to get … I have just got a new job and it wasn't difficult to find.erm hard to get a new job!!??

Original Poster

civms47

You only work/sit in the office for 7 hours a day???

erm yeah?

lol, he must like you ........oO

vibeone

What useful advice.Oh wait... no.

It's not part of the job description is it so what can he do if you refuse? Just be upfront with people and then they won't walk all over you.

Send him an anonymous letter written in **** telling him if he ever drinks in that pub again you will eat his kids.

DLM

oO It took you 7 months to find a part time job

lolling at you mocking an employed person

Banned

peterjmay

me and the bossman ... side by side.

thesaint

Sleep with him.

peterjmay

So hard

Rhianne

being arsey.

greg_68

all gay

Yes, I am that bored.

He fancies you!

peterjmay

me and the bossman ... side by side.

thesaint

Sleep with him.

peterjmay

So hard

Rhianne

being arsey.

greg_68

all gay

Evil...but funny!!

OP, get a part-time temporary job working for minimum wage in a shop, bore people to death with talk of how well you're treated as an employee, get sacked then live on the dole and gain an allergy to Dettox.
    Not mentioning any names.

hmmm baffledsalmon and vb1 both are funny and quick witted but which one is best???

FIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIGHT

danmc

Send him an anonymous letter written in **** telling him if he ever … Send him an anonymous letter written in **** telling him if he ever drinks in that pub again you will eat his kids.

Not really anonymous if you tell him YOU will eat his kids is it... (_;)
    Edited by: "krazie2004" 4th Feb 2011

Banned

baffledsalmon

OP, get a part-time temporary job working for minimum wage in a shop, … OP, get a part-time temporary job working for minimum wage in a shop, bore people to death with talk of how well you're treated as an employee, get sacked then live on the dole and gain an allergy to Dettox.Not mentioning any names.

ilovepink

hmmm baffledsalmon and vb1 both are funny and quick witted but which one … hmmm baffledsalmon and vb1 both are funny and quick witted but which one is best???FIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIGHT

she wins.

I miss our chats fish girl.

baffledsalmon

OP, get a part-time temporary job working for minimum wage in a shop, … OP, get a part-time temporary job working for minimum wage in a shop, bore people to death with talk of how well you're treated as an employee, get sacked then live on the dole and gain an allergy to Dettox.Not mentioning any names.

ilovepink

hmmm baffledsalmon and vb1 both are funny and quick witted but which one … hmmm baffledsalmon and vb1 both are funny and quick witted but which one is best???FIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIGHT

I miss mines with you - since you found THAT WOMAN

bossyboots

I miss mines with you - since you found THAT WOMAN

I don't miss chatting with either of you!
    Jooooking

lol BS, am referring to VB1 falling madly in love with "that woman" !!!! He is not on here as much and rarely on msn - cause he is out smooching and whispering sweet nothings to her! Mind you, saw a pic and she is a stunner

bossyboots

lol BS, am referring to VB1 falling madly in love with "that woman" !!!! … lol BS, am referring to VB1 falling madly in love with "that woman" !!!! He is not on here as much and rarely on msn - cause he is out smooching and whispering sweet nothings to her! Mind you, saw a pic and she is a stunner

He'll soon come crawling back!!!
    Post a comment
    @
      Text
      Top Discussions
      1. Bearded chat714
      2. One for the mathmaticians2948
      3. SNES Classic launches 29th September 2017 - Check for stock and pre-order i…4691426
      4. Just heard this...2 ★★★★★★★★★★★★★★ congrats to all on 392k ★★★★★★★★★★★★★★7767494

See more discussions