Groups

Anyone else going to War of the Worlds in Newcastle tonight?

Just called the Arena and they said it was definitely on. I live 30 miles away and it's blizzarding here...do I risk spending the 3 hours to dig the car out and driving on what will no doubt by then be freezing slush, or do I stay at home and keep my fingers crossed that they cancel it later on? Paul Weller was meant to play there last night but they cancelled it yesterday.

6 Comments

No but I'm going to Pendulum at the NIA in Brum.

Paul Weller was cancelled because he was stuck in Sheffield so I guess it maybe up to where the WOTW crew set is at the moment.

On top of that the car park is shut so I guess the traffic will be worse around there too.

Edited by: "greg_68" 2nd Dec 2010

I live in west cumbria and I am seriously considering not risking the journey because it will mean travelling back 100 miles in the dark, freezing and possibly snow. The tickets may have cost a fair bit but it is nothing compared to a dinged car and the hassle and money that will cost!!

alanharrington

I live in west cumbria and I am seriously considering not risking the … I live in west cumbria and I am seriously considering not risking the journey because it will mean travelling back 100 miles in the dark, freezing and possibly snow. The tickets may have cost a fair bit but it is nothing compared to a dinged car and the hassle and money that will cost!!

I'd be giving it a miss I think, you never know what's going to happen during the time from arrival to departure so you could get stranded there. What's the forecast for up there? 100 miles in these conditions is going to take at least 3 hours I would have said.

Starting to snow quite a bit here now too!
    Edited by: "greg_68" 2nd Dec 2010

The facebook group seems to be updating with info but looks like it is going ahead. The car park is going to be shut though. facebook.com/hom…php!/pages/Metro-Radio-Arena/165543456818380 I do think they should reschedule it's going to be awful for people getting home who live quite a way away.
    If anyone has etickets who can't make it and is thinking about doing a giveaway then please put my name in the hat

Edited by: "sharon_uk" 2nd Dec 2010

Original Poster

Another worry is that the temperature is really meant to plummet tonight from what i remember of the weather forecast. All that slush on the road now could be ice for the homeward journey!

sharon_uk

The facebook group seems to be updating with info but looks like it is … The facebook group seems to be updating with info but looks like it is going ahead. The car park is going to be shut though. http://www.facebook.com/home.php?#!/pages/Metro-Radio-Arena/165543456818380If anyone has etickets and is thinking about doing a giveaway then please put my name in the hat

Very good point, anyone living near an arena can pick up right bargains on ebay atm. I paid £10 for my £22.50 Pendulum ticket for tonight, there are bound to be loads coming from miles away that just cannot make it.
    Post a comment
    @
      Text
      Top Discussions
      1. Tooth extraction89
      2. Do you use a case on your iPhone?22
      3. What's the most impressive 4k / UHD film you have seen at home?611
      4. Amazon prime subscribe & save47

See more discussions