Anyone else had problems with shopto?

Found 23rd Aug 2012
I preordered Battlefield 3 Premium Edition for PC due for release on 14th of September 2012, the problem is, they took payment right away without my permission.

When preordering from shopto, I was under the impression they would not charge until it is shipped, it even says that on their website. When I submitted the order, it charged my card £1.50 (I assume to authorise it) nowhere did it state the full amount will be charged.

A few days went by then I decided to cancel my preorder because Sainsburys had a discount code making it cheaper. I then noticed ShopTo charged me for the game already, I thought "no big deal, I guess they will refund me" WRONG, they are disgusting, they have decided to add the funds they didn't even have permission to take in the first place to an online wallet, I can't get these funds anymore, my only option is to cancel with Sainsburys and keep my order with Shopto, what kind of practice is this?
Community Updates
MiscMovie & Series
9 Comments
what did support say ?
A good one from their point of view. Report them to your bank if shopto say they do not charge until dispatch and get bank to retrieve funds if Visa debit card was used for example.

edit

http://i.imgur.com/4gc16.png
Edited by: "dontasciime" 23rd Aug 2012
Awaiting reply now, I'm sure they will tell me something like I didn't tick a box therefore they could charge me for it early or some tiny text on their websites terms which protects them. It just makes me mad that even though I've got it ordered cheaper on Sainsburys I'm most likely going to have to go with shopto because I'm not into having £32 stuck in an e-wallet for months before I decide what to do with it.
No, never had any problems, great service and very fast delivery

Cool story bro.

Took me 30 seconds to find this on their website....

I have cancelled my pre-order but why has my pre-payment not been … I have cancelled my pre-order but why has my pre-payment not been refunded?If a pre-paid pre-order has been cancelled your payment will be automatically credited back to your ShopTo.Net account. This credit will be used automatically against your next transaction with us. Please contact our customer service team if you wish for this to be refunded.

Internetz, it's not for everybody.
That better be the case because I tried paying for it again but using the credit on my account instead and it only charged my bloody card again! this site is so stupid how it works, or doesn't work for that matter.
So you ordered it, then cancelled it because you found it cheaper somewhere else and then decided to reorder it?
Why not just ask for a refund?

I'm pretty sure it's not the site that is stupid

Edited by: "souljacker" 23rd Aug 2012
littleocelot

That better be the case because I tried paying for it again but using the … That better be the case because I tried paying for it again but using the credit on my account instead and it only charged my bloody card again! this site is so stupid how it works, or doesn't work for that matter.

You must be agreeing to buy it rather than pre order eg you can pre order and no charge is made against your card until dispatch or stock or you can prepay for you pre order . You must be prepaying for your pre order
Thread backfire.
Post a comment
@
    Text

Top Discussions

Top Merchants