Anyone else had the Amazon Echo update - Wake word "Computer" ?

15 replies
Found 14th Jan
Just had one of my Echo's update itself to device software version 4812 and It includes the option of wake word "Computer"

Anyone else had this come through?

15 Comments

William shatner has

No, all my dots and echo still just have the choice of 3. Would have liked the option of computer, but id probably stick with alexa anyway, especially with the dot near the tv.

Main echo is on 4540. How you do a manual update?

Recently my dots have been a bit crap at recognising words especially when adding events to my calendar. An update might.sort them.

Original Poster

jaydeeuk1

Main echo is on 4540. How you do a manual update?Recently my dots have … Main echo is on 4540. How you do a manual update?Recently my dots have been a bit crap at recognising words especially when adding events to my calendar. An update might.sort them.

Have never been able to find an answer on Amazon support.

There are several suggestions that may or may not work
1) Disconnect the power cord for 5 mins and then reconnect
2) Tap the mute button and leave muted until it updates. (might be worth trying when not in use for an hour or two).

Personally found that it will update of its own accord and there is no sure way to force an update.

Woke up yesterday and found it will no longer DIM my hive lights.

How do I tell my FW version?

mikeypr

How do I tell my FW version?

To determine the current software version for your Alexa device in the Alexa app:

- Open the left navigation panel and then select Settings.
- Select your device and then scroll down until you see Device software version.

I have tried that, software version is way more digits.

oUkTuRkEyIII

To determine the current software version for your Alexa device in the … To determine the current software version for your Alexa device in the Alexa app:- Open the left navigation panel and then select Settings.- Select your device and then scroll down until you see Device software version.

mikeypr

I have tried that, software version is way more digits.

Yea same here. Mine is currently 564196920

Original Poster

My echo updated to 4812

But my dot is still on 564196920

One of my dots is on 564196920 but the other one is on 564197320. Don't know why they are different. On the 6920 only 3 wake words however on the 7320 I can also choose computer

news linku
Edited by: "barrel24" 15th Jan

Bingstroller

My echo updated to 4812But my dot is still on 564196920

Any issues since update with bluetooth, if i used to say connect bluetooth would automatically connect to my amp and power up, all great, now i have to pair device everytime???
Edited by: "matengawhat" 7th Feb

barrel24

One of my dots is on 564196920 but the other one is on 564197320. Don't … One of my dots is on 564196920 but the other one is on 564197320. Don't know why they are different. On the 6920 only 3 wake words however on the 7320 I can also choose computernews linku

Any issues since update with bluetooth, if i used to say connect bluetooth would automatically connect to my amp and power up, all great, now i have to pair device everytime???

oUkTuRkEyIII

Yea same here. Mine is currently 564196920

Post a comment
@
    Text
    Top Discussions
    1. Spotify family22
    2. Gala Bingo/Games. Deposit £5 get £40 cashback. Quidco - new Gala members11
    3. Has the amount of Apple fanboys increased on the site after the redesign?11
    4. Urgent help needed with travel agent56

See more discussions