Groups

Anyone else had their hotmail emails disappear?

I have just realised that most of my emails have disappeared from my hotmail account - any before 6th June 2010 have gone, I had loads of emails stored so really don't know why I've gone from 1,000 messages to 83. Anyone else had the same problem?

9 Comments

Mine seems okay, emails dating back to 2006 still.

Yes mine all ok, they are saved in a separate folder to the inbox though.

Original Poster

MBeeching;8798609

Mine seems okay, emails dating back to 2006 still.

zdog;8798618

Yes mine all ok, they are saved in a separate folder to the inbox though.

Thanks, I have been looking for a contact/email address for hotmail but can't find one anywhere.
    I haven't deleted them myself or by accident, definitely something fishy going on

sickly sweet;8798631

Thanks, I have been looking for a contact/email address for hotmail but … Thanks, I have been looking for a contact/email address for hotmail but can't find one anywhere.I haven't deleted them myself or by accident, definitely something fishy going on

There is a lot of Hotmail accounts being hacked at the moment. :x Seems a lot of people are having issues with their accounts but never heard of missing emails :?

Hopefully just a glitch! :thumbsup:

happened to me a couple of months ago

wasnt a virus or anything like was strange tho

are you refering to web based hotmail or hotmail via outlook express or outlook?

if outlook - check your archive settings

Original Poster

BPD;8798896

are you refering to web based hotmail or hotmail via outlook express or … are you refering to web based hotmail or hotmail via outlook express or outlook?if outlook - check your archive settings

It's the web based one that they have disappeared from. Luckily Mac mail still has them stored, otherwise I'd definitely be getting my knickers in a twist about it!
    I'll change my password just in case, but is really bizzare!!
    Thanks everyone for your help, repped.

No unfortunately I still have 3050 unread, 500 read and 50 spam.

sounds like a hotmail custler sync on their servers
    Post a comment
    @
      Text
      Top Discussions
      1. What to do?????23
      2. Virgin Media Superhub 3 Settings55
      3. Good Sim only deals??611
      4. Teenage son new phone (1250 budget)1424

See more discussions