Groups

Anyone else have a coin jar?

Hmm, I had several around the house which I always seem to get rid of any change into, only keep hold of the £1 and £2 coins as hate change jingling in my pocket.

Seems I may need to cash in now!

Never did I know I had this much! Put it all in one bowl which I found up the loft a second ago (along with more change, but this time, old coins :? ).

Errrrmmmm, anyone beat me!? Also, how much you reckon there is here? Got everything from 1p - 50p in there, maybe the odd pound coin, who knows.

i3.photobucket.com/alb…jpg

Don't look that much?

Try this out, the bowl is about 12 inch across, it's got 4 inches of height in it!

i3.photobucket.com/alb…jpg

What do I do with it all? I need a coin sorter machine and 20 sets of batteries!!

Anyone beat me!? You got more?! And someone please tell me I'm not the only one who does this when they empty their pockets!

26 Comments

lol coin sorters are not great as they dont hold enough coppers and 5p go straight through i use one but my main coin jar is on of those massive glass whisky bottles .

sonia.town

lol coin sorters are not great as they dont hold enough coppers and 5p go … lol coin sorters are not great as they dont hold enough coppers and 5p go straight through i use one but my main coin jar is on of those massive glass whisky bottles .

yes i have a huge vodka bottle!! takes ges to fill, but when it is its a lot of money so worth the wait, (if the kids dont raid it):w00t:

i have a whisky bottle with 5p coins in it and also a dusty bin moneybox for the 2p and 1ps sad aint it!.i cashed it in not long ago in my local asda shop £23.00 in total a bit went to charityfor using the machine, but my local shop wants it now as they dont need to order lots of small change from securicor.

You need Darren Brown!!

Original Poster

LOL I would need to punch him first :thumbsup:

loupomm

yes i have a huge vodka bottle!! takes ges to fill, but when it is its a … yes i have a huge vodka bottle!! takes ges to fill, but when it is its a lot of money so worth the wait, (if the kids dont raid it):w00t:

Asbach for me

used to keep a large whiskey bottle myself for the same purpose, then a friend of mine got burgled. One of the things they took was his money bottle. He reckoned there was £300 + in it. Police told him that this is one of the things they look for. If you are keeping one, keep it well out of site.

mine never gets that full most ive had is about 30 pounds lol

mrtootough

used to keep a large whiskey bottle myself for the same purpose, then a … used to keep a large whiskey bottle myself for the same purpose, then a friend of mine got burgled. One of the things they took was his money bottle. He reckoned there was £300 + in it. Police told him that this is one of the things they look for. If you are keeping one, keep it well out of site.

£300 + in shrapnel! I bet the Police need only investigate newly reported hernia cases at local surgeries.

I have a couple of coin boxes all over the house. Only filled with 1p, 2p and 5p primarily. But does containe the odd 10p's and 20p's.

I had two!

2 plastic bottles, one giant Coke bottle and one giant Budweiser bottle! And when I came home drunk once or twice, I of course tried to drink from it! Not good! It was never the Coke one I tried to drink, so what does that say about me?!

The Coke bottle held silver and the Budweiser held copper.

I don't think the Coke bottle ever made it past a fifth full (at best) and I cashed it all in and it actually came to an amazing £300 pounds! That paid for my holiday and a bit of extra spending money!

The Budweiser never made it past £20 and now I just use it for my Skittles money for when I play Skittles, we play 5p per leg and whoever gets the highest score gets the money! And put it this way, I only ever seem to empty it, not add to it! lol

They are a great idea, and there's nothing better than seeing it "grow" and it's a great feeling when you count how much you have!

I have a huge plastic Coca Cola coin jar.
    Basically, it looks like a huge Coke can (it's about 1-foot high).

From the start of each year I put all of my change into it on a daily basis, basically anything under a £1 coin that's in my pocket goes in there.

At the beginning of December I count it all up and bag it in post office/bank bags.
    This part is very tedious and time-consuming !

The up-side is that I usually have between 4 and 5 hundred pounds in there.
    This generally covers my expenses for Xmas presents (I don't have kids), and often leaves a bit left over, which I spend on something nice for myself

Ive got a massive coca cola bottle, and its only ever got about 2cm's full, i put anything under a pound in it, but have also added £1s,£2s and £5s when im a bit flush, when i counted it out not long ago there was over £100 in there, not bad going!

We have a huge parking meter - has a clear tube and coin slot - we put any coppers and small silver in in daily and on a Friday we put what pound coins we have in our pockets/purse too.

am I sad or what:oops: I have 7 -1 for 1p -1 for 2p - 1 for 5p - 1 for 10p - 1 for 20p - 1 for 50p -and 1 for £2. Empty my pockets every day when I come home from work, so the next day I only go to work with £1 coins. funny how it all adds up:roll:

Original Poster

Well thats exactly the same as me, apart from I don't have as many pots and an obsesive compulsive disorder :-D :-D

martin_909

At the beginning of December I count it all up and bag it in post … At the beginning of December I count it all up and bag it in post office/bank bags.This part is very tedious and time-consuming

I feel for your poor bank clerk! I used to work in a bank until recently and my least favourite part about it was when people raid their coin jars and come to pay it all in :giggle:. It turns out that approximately only one in twenty people can actually count as well as they think they can .. and about three quarters of those twenty people can't read the bank bags that say 1 or 2p's, not both in the same bag!

I don't keep a coin jar myself. I like to offload all of my coin to unsuspecting cashiers in cafe's and supermarkets instead .. "£1.25 you say? Okay .. 1p, 2p, 3p, 8p...."

I've got a Tbag tin (in the shape of Alf Roberts' shop in Corrie, shows how old that is!) for 10p's, a 20p stacking kind of thing that has the amount saved along side the platic tube that the 20p's are stacked in, I've got a Guinness glass money box for my 5p's and my copper goes in a big plastic Pepsi bottle, as for getting them changed I work in a shop and we are always grateful for change :thumbsup: Always loved money boxes, I always remember having the Cadburys chocolate money box thing (red plastic thing that you put 2p's in and got a chocolate miniature out of it) and my favourite was a mushroom / toadstool kind of thing that had a real padlock on it! Ohhh I was chuffed with that..... :oops:

We use a Malt Whisky tin (Jura at the mo) and stick all 1, 2, 5 and 10p in it from the end of one hol to the start of the next.

Last year we had £132 for our hols in Portugal

heres mine, a big plastic coke bottle

http://i23.photobucket.com/albums/b371/eldoodarino/DSC00413.jpg

http://i23.photobucket.com/albums/b371/eldoodarino/DSC00414.jpg

:-D

I stick all my coins in there from 1p - £2 and also my Tescos vouchers, so I dont lose them

amino

heres mine, a big plastic coke bottle

Is that an IOU in there??? :whistling: :giggle:

Original Poster

Hmmm, pound coins, now theres a thought. Theres a couple floating around in mine, but not loads.

Mindyou, if I put all the coins in I'd be forever taking money out the bank!

don't have a jar - I use an old quality street plastic box! Last time I emptied it must have been about 18-20 months ago and I think I 'earned' (after the charity donation at the local supermarket (!)) about £45. Only use it for 1p, 2p, and 5p.

Does anyone else feel it is irritiating that the supermarket (etc) coin change machines get coins stuck in them that you can't retrieve?

I seem to keep all my change in malt whiskey tins:?

Think I'm a alcoholic:oops:

change is great,its the counting up that is a pain,but....that is why the kids help you,as it all goes in thier account anyway(which i think is a shame) lol

amino

heres mine, a big plastic coke bottle:-DI stick all my coins in there … heres mine, a big plastic coke bottle:-DI stick all my coins in there from 1p - £2 and also my Tescos vouchers, so I dont lose them

Thats the thing i have!
    Post a comment
    @
      Text
      Top Discussions
      1. How dangerous is Donald trump?2298
      2. Just heard this...2 ★★★★★★★★★★★★★★ congrats to all on 392k ★★★★★★★★★★★★★★7764160
      3. Sad news about Barcelona24101
      4. Cat Chat73707

See more discussions