Anyone else have performance issues? ............ TP-Link deco M4

Posted 28th May 2020
Purchased the above on the hot U.K. deals a couple of weeks ago and I’m struggling to find a solution. I get 350mb virgin media wired in the back but wireless next to tp link less than 200mb significantly decrease further away from unit. I’ve turned off the virgin wireless signals.
Just wondering if anyone else had solved it here and wouldn’t mind sending screenshots of your settings on deco app
many thanks in anti
Community Updates
Ask
6 Comments
200mb sounds like a good speed for consumer WiFi kit. I have the m2 and its brilliant. I really wouldn’t worry...........
deleted1451412
The problem is it gets worse. So downstairs next to one of the other links I only get 105mb.
Are the mesh units connected by Ethernet? If not that will make them faster.
deleted1451412
I’ve connected the main by Ethernet to the virgin hub.
deleted145141228/05/2020 21:38

I’ve connected the main by Ethernet to the virgin hub.

If you can connect any of the others to each other it will help free up the bandwidth as if they’re currently freestanding they’ll use the same bandwidth as your devices as their backhaul (as it’s a dual band system rather than tri-band)
deleted1451412
jakeyjakey29/05/2020 06:47

If you can connect any of the others to each other it will help free up …If you can connect any of the others to each other it will help free up the bandwidth as if they’re currently freestanding they’ll use the same bandwidth as your devices as their backhaul (as it’s a dual band system rather than tri-band)

Thanks. It will be a bit of a pain and defeat the purpose of having a wireless mesh system for me. Think I’ll see if pcworld will take them back. I thought it would just be plug in and play and get the same speeds I was getting from the hub throughout. My ignorance.
Post a comment
@
    Text