Groups

Anyone else having problems arranging re delivery with Citylink?

I have a package that should be delivered, however i was out when citylink came.

They left me a card and i tried calling up to re arrange delivery, however whenever i call an automated message says they are too busy to answer the call and hang up.

Anyone else in the same boat? How do i arrange re delivery?

43 Comments

can you do it online? ive never missed a city link del. so i wouldnt know.

Banned

Citylink have got themselves in a real mess

The snow closed depots, and seemingly worse hit were edinburgh, Durham and Sheffield

24hr before 10s are 4/5 days late and by their own admission it's getting worse not better

All of which is partially understandable but they are refusing to answer calls - which isn't

Not sure what to suggest. My parcel is stuck in the abyss at the mo too. Perhaps turn up at the depot if you can, or try the head office number which I will be trying tomorrow

Banned

It's become apparent that effectively Citylink have specifically chosen to cut off all contact with customers.

It's utterly unforgivable

Original Poster

can i re arrange on website? As i looked and couldnt find a link

Citylink is really bad at the moment, I have sent two parcels with them by Next Day delivery, and it has not been delivered at all and it has been a week now

bob100

can i re arrange on website? As i looked and couldnt find a link

You can - but the last attempted delivery I had the driver didn't write the parcel number on the note but it was on the tracking information sent to me by the online retailer.......Just google city link tracking to get the website.....

Banned

ive noticed an order placed on amazon earlier as a prime order has gone royal mail. I wonder if amazon are steering clear. Ice always defended Citylink but the whole business structure clearly doesn't work.

Im going to point this out if I get through to head office. I can live with a late parcel - but like I said it's unforgivable what they have done

vibeone

It's become apparent that effectively Citylink have specifically chosen … It's become apparent that effectively Citylink have specifically chosen to cut off all contact with customers.It's utterly unforgivable

Yeah, they are impossible to get through to them even on normal seasons. Now it's just not even worth calling.
    They have mahoosive delays from backlogs etc.

Banned

Btw if you want a chuckle, read the network updates PDF on the city link website

I think it must be an internal status thing theyve put online because you can tell some of the depot reports are pretty angry sounding!

Original Poster

gari189

You can - but the last attempted delivery I had the driver didn't write … You can - but the last attempted delivery I had the driver didn't write the parcel number on the note but it was on the tracking information sent to me by the online retailer.......Just google city link tracking to get the website.....

Yeah i tracked the item and i get the folowwing message:

Delivery Attempted

A signature is required for this consignment but no one was available when we called.

If you want to reschedule or arrange to collect your consignment please call 08444 930 934 before 20:00 on the date of the attempted delivery.

I cant find how to re book online though>

vibeone

Btw if you want a chuckle, read the network updates PDF on the city link … Btw if you want a chuckle, read the network updates PDF on the city link websiteI think it must be an internal status thing theyve put online because you can tell some of the depot reports are pretty angry sounding!

Nah if you want a really good chuckle. Check out the award they recently won!

Link

Customer service award, yeah i couldn't have chose anyone better myself

Banned

Tinks.. Supposedly my tech gear is sat in a damp trailer. If it turns up damaged, it'll be going back immediately

vibeone

Btw if you want a chuckle, read the network updates PDF on the city link … Btw if you want a chuckle, read the network updates PDF on the city link websiteI think it must be an internal status thing theyve put online because you can tell some of the depot reports are pretty angry sounding!

See what you mean - Leeming is my nearest depot and all the main roads are clear and this is todays entry...

5000 consignments from today not tipped, 500 on floor that have not gone out for delivery today another 800 potential failures expected today. Running 2 full days behind now. Depending on what comes in tomorrow we expect to fall further behind as the week progresses. Full day planned Saturday, struggling to get any for Sunday will mean a substantial carry over into next week.
    Edited by: "gari189" 14th Dec 2010

There are too many of these c**p delivery companies. I wish firms would just use Royal Mail. It is more expensive but better service on the whole.

helena101

There are too many of these c**p delivery companies. I wish firms would … There are too many of these c**p delivery companies. I wish firms would just use Royal Mail. It is more expensive but better service on the whole.

Wait till they go on strike again then you won't be blowing their trumpet.

it's not just city link pulling these stunts, have had DHL and Home del network
    say they have attempted delivery, no cards left though and I was in all day waiting for them.
    They did "redeliver" next day but it's out of order, they are blatantly lying to avoid paying comp on nxt day del services.

Banned

Dhl and other are having problems, but the difference is, you can ring the local dhl depot and they will speak to you. I spoke to some poor lass at lincoln dhl and she was very apologetic despite me not actually caring if it was late or not - just an idea which day it would come.

People are angry and firms have messes up, but city link more than the rest have got it very badly wrong.

Btw, the homepage gets updated with a link to the latest network status every weekday at 9.30, 12,30 and 3,30

I'm getting my deliveries fine from Citylink but I know they are not as backlogged as other depots as we didn't have the snow as bad.

This time of year, the drivers are expected to take out a lot more than they can realistically deliver and so some get carded on the system. 'White' was the colour of the door that we wrote when we carded them as I was a controller there for a year. It made the figures look good. I also know that Citylink in Cardiff got rid of a lot of their call centre staff as the national merger with Target was a huge disaster!! They needed to make savings. Even the call centre staff couldn't get through to the depots sometimes and they'd be in the same building!

Sh*tty link are...sh*t.

dhl in my area have stopped collecting items altogether, we havent had one snowflake since feb either. I think they are all struggling tbh, I wouldnt order anything over tinternet now for pressys. especially with more snow on the way

Banned

Just phoned City Link head office. Helpful enough to give me a proper landline number to their 'largest call centre' but couldn't track it from head office.

Had a quick moan about not actually caring too much about tracking, but it would be helpful to actually speak to someone etc. Many apologies etc etc.

But basically, the number is: 01908 280250

Its just the same old message at the moment (unable to take your call, please **** off), but she reckons the queue limit is very small, which is something they are trying to fix as well. What it does mean is that if you get in the queue, the wait time is small.

Banned

Looks like someone is reading this forum maybe?

No Network Updates now... removed from frontpage.

unbelievable.

Banned

absolute rubbish
    ordered something from ebuyer monday for delivery tuesday, didnt arrive, told will definately be here today so took the day off work and just been told it might arrive one day this week, but definately not today and don't know when. Total joke of a company.

Banned

colinsunderland

absolute rubbishordered something from ebuyer monday for delivery … absolute rubbishordered something from ebuyer monday for delivery tuesday, didnt arrive, told will definately be here today so took the day off work and just been told it might arrive one day this week, but definately not today and don't know when. Total joke of a company.

I'll defend ebuyer to the hilt to be honest - they dispatched as agreed. I know its hard to look at it logically when you've paid ebuyer, but its city link who have yet again completely screwed things up.

This isn't about bad weather or busy christmas periods - its about their complete inability to cope, and their disgusting attitude to customers.

Citylink: I'd rather my parcel arrived a day later and have some way of contacting you. Radio silence is not the answer.

Banned

yeah, dont have a problem with ebuyer - its **** link I meant are the joke of a company

helena101

There are too many of these c**p delivery companies. I wish firms would … There are too many of these c**p delivery companies. I wish firms would just use Royal Mail. It is more expensive but better service on the whole.

Won't last long after they privatise Royal mail.

Banned

City link Update @ 12:30 today...

city-link.co.uk/sta…pdf

Comedy post from the Sheffield Depot - 1/2 days behind on most stuff. Riiiiight.... currently 6 days overdue....

Original Poster

guess time to call head office, as how can a re arrange re delivery if i cant get through to them

Banned

tinkerbell28

Phone your local depot, get the number from saynoto.

Dude... they don't answer in the busy areas!

Original Poster

Im calling local depot now been in queue for 5 mins already.

I spoke to complaints and they couldnt guarantee re delivery before christmas

Banned

got through to sheffield north anston!

citylink suck
    "we will attempt to deliver tomorrow - if you are not available..." card through door
    no show next couple of days, checked tracking and instead they had decided to wait on me to arrange delivery
    parcel came about 30 mins before me phoning a few days later and wasn't sealed, was dirty and wet.
    whats new though

Banned

Got through to sheffield, said my parcel hadnt arrived and noted it as "not arrived at depot". said effectively it was lost and to contact ebuyer.

ebuyer disputed that, but have resent the item and claimed the existing item back.

hopefully there will be a mistake and 2 will turn up :P

Ungreat

Won't last long after they privatise Royal mail.

not so in my neck of the woods, courier delivery's are all coming through on time or 1 day late, RM still waiting 10 days later!!

Banned

well my package is still showing as on route to delivery office with a planned delivery date of Tuesday 14th.
    **** link were too busy to take the call at 7.58 this morning and numerous times up to 8.45
    absolutely useless

Banned

colin... try the local delivery office. try repeatedly 3/4 times. eventually they get annoyed and answer

Original Poster

anyone had any luck with HDNL?

I cant seem to get through to them, i manage to get in waiting queue then line goes dead

Heard on the Radio this morning that the major couriers are now so far behind but still taking parcels that there will be thousands of parcels that will definately not be delivered before Christmas and if the harsh weather hits again then it may be the end of January before they catch up.

Original Poster

bob100

anyone had any luck with HDNL?I cant seem to get through to them, i … anyone had any luck with HDNL?I cant seem to get through to them, i manage to get in waiting queue then line goes dead

Finally got through and they said my parcel is at droitwich (been there since 7/12/10) and that it can take up to another 7 days to be delivered.

So thats over 2 weeks behind schedule, i thought citylink were bad!!!

Amazon have amended their dates now. For standard Super saver the last order date is now today.
    Post a comment
    @
      Text
      Top Discussions
      1. Biscuit addiction1540
      2. Customer Service from Giffgaff worth £60???44
      3. Nightmare with BT over Broadband910
      4. USB Portable CD Drive advice11

See more discussions