Expired

Anyone else having problems making payment on Homebase website?

Found 27th Aug 2012
I have tried in vein to make a payment using my credit card on their website. I tried yesterday and today, using both my credit cards, and it keeps saying payment isn't authorised.

I have rang up my credit card companies and have been told everything is fine their end and there is no reason for the decline.

I have input my details correctly.

I was just wondering if anyone else has had any problems, just to put my mind at ease.

Thanks.

13 Comments

Have you not phoned Homebase to see if they have a problem?

Original Poster

I have and I just got the standard 'our website is busy try again later!'

greg_68

Have you not phoned Homebase to see if they have a problem?

It's Homebase, so whatever it is you're buying, it'll be far cheaper elsewhere. Consider this a blessing.

Original Poster

dxx

It's Homebase, so whatever it is you're buying, it'll be far cheaper … It's Homebase, so whatever it is you're buying, it'll be far cheaper elsewhere. Consider this a blessing.

Ha ha normally yes but it's exclusive to Homebase/Argos plus Homebase doing 15% off over bank holiday.

Banned

Im not buying anything from homebase, why would I have a problem

Original Poster

churchill

Im not buying anything from homebase, why would I have a problem

Thanks for that lol!

It always seems to happen when they have a 15% weekend, it happen to me on the last one and when I rang they said it would be rectified asap but it was after the 15% finished. FUNNY that ah

If payment isn't authorised, it could well be your bank / credit card company, have you tried using the cards anywhere else?

Original Poster

yve67

It always seems to happen when they have a 15% weekend, it happen to me … It always seems to happen when they have a 15% weekend, it happen to me on the last one and when I rang they said it would be rectified asap but it was after the 15% finished. FUNNY that ah

It sure is!

Inactive

If payment isn't authorised, it could well be your bank / credit card … If payment isn't authorised, it could well be your bank / credit card company, have you tried using the cards anywhere else?

I rang my credit card company and they said everything is fine their end. I haven't used it since trying but it worked ok on Friday.

Wasn't my card either i rang homebase and they said it was their system

Original Poster

yve67

Wasn't my card either i rang homebase and they said it was their system

Thanks for letting me know

I really think the Homebase website is terrible. On two occasions I ordered two parasols for my garden. On both occasions
my order was confirmed, giving me a delivery date and time. The day went by without my delivery (twice) and, on phoning
Homebase I was told they had no record of my orders! How can they confirm something and then say they have no record?

Luckily, I contacted my bank and no payments had been made.

I will never order from them again!

I've been also having the same problem all day today. I have given up for now and will ring them tomorrow to see if I can place my order directly on the phone. Hope you can order your items soon.

Best wishes
Post a comment
@
    Text

Top Discussions