Expired

Anyone else having problems making payment on Homebase website?

Found 27th Aug 2012
I have tried in vein to make a payment using my credit card on their website. I tried yesterday and today, using both my credit cards, and it keeps saying payment isn't authorised.

I have rang up my credit card companies and have been told everything is fine their end and there is no reason for the decline.

I have input my details correctly.

I was just wondering if anyone else has had any problems, just to put my mind at ease.

Thanks.
Community Updates
13 Comments
Have you not phoned Homebase to see if they have a problem?
Original Poster

I have and I just got the standard 'our website is busy try again later!'

greg_68

Have you not phoned Homebase to see if they have a problem?

It's Homebase, so whatever it is you're buying, it'll be far cheaper elsewhere. Consider this a blessing.
Original Poster
dxx

It's Homebase, so whatever it is you're buying, it'll be far cheaper … It's Homebase, so whatever it is you're buying, it'll be far cheaper elsewhere. Consider this a blessing.

Ha ha normally yes but it's exclusive to Homebase/Argos plus Homebase doing 15% off over bank holiday.
Banned
Im not buying anything from homebase, why would I have a problem
Original Poster
churchill

Im not buying anything from homebase, why would I have a problem

Thanks for that lol!
It always seems to happen when they have a 15% weekend, it happen to me on the last one and when I rang they said it would be rectified asap but it was after the 15% finished. FUNNY that ah
If payment isn't authorised, it could well be your bank / credit card company, have you tried using the cards anywhere else?
Original Poster
yve67

It always seems to happen when they have a 15% weekend, it happen to me … It always seems to happen when they have a 15% weekend, it happen to me on the last one and when I rang they said it would be rectified asap but it was after the 15% finished. FUNNY that ah

It sure is!

Inactive

If payment isn't authorised, it could well be your bank / credit card … If payment isn't authorised, it could well be your bank / credit card company, have you tried using the cards anywhere else?

I rang my credit card company and they said everything is fine their end. I haven't used it since trying but it worked ok on Friday.
Wasn't my card either i rang homebase and they said it was their system
Original Poster
yve67

Wasn't my card either i rang homebase and they said it was their system

Thanks for letting me know
I really think the Homebase website is terrible. On two occasions I ordered two parasols for my garden. On both occasions
my order was confirmed, giving me a delivery date and time. The day went by without my delivery (twice) and, on phoning
Homebase I was told they had no record of my orders! How can they confirm something and then say they have no record?

Luckily, I contacted my bank and no payments had been made.

I will never order from them again!
I've been also having the same problem all day today. I have given up for now and will ring them tomorrow to see if I can place my order directly on the phone. Hope you can order your items soon.

Best wishes
Post a comment
@
    Text

Top Discussions