Groups

anyone else looking at changing energy suppliers

Well its nearly that time of year when my eon fix online v7 is coming to an end with 24% discount.
    I only use electricity and going to Uswitch it says my best would be npower fix online5 saving over £100 per year.When i check the same tarriff on energyhelpline its £100 more.
    My main question is when i put in my figures of £35 per month spend it says on the Uswitch my consumption is 3137 kwh.
    Yet when i put the same info on the energy helpine it says i use 4339kwh.
    How can they differ by so much and who is right?
    It looks like i am going to switch to npower what are your thoughts on them.

11 Comments

When using comparison sites you need to use your use in kw , not your monthly payment figure as that can include debts from previous bills or you may be underpaying as you are in credit

I had the same deal with Eon (dual fuel though). Came to an end on the 31/3/11 - Eon offered me another tariff - very expensive, when I looked into it. I feel for the people who don't check or are unable to.
    What I did was found out from my previous bills my kwh consumption for the year and used these figures to calculate the cheapest provider. Comparing the different offers comes up with the cheapest one. Came out it was British Gas (websaver 11).
    Happy hunting and a message to all, you really should check to see if you are paying the cheapest rate for your fuel.

just checked mine on Uswitch telling me i can save £1100 with british gas online flippin heck gona give them a call in the morning.

sarbjeet_

just checked mine on Uswitch telling me i can save £1100 with british gas … just checked mine on Uswitch telling me i can save £1100 with british gas online flippin heck gona give them a call in the morning.

i have just switched to british gas to was way cheaper than edf for electric anyways

I won't go back to British Gas as their customer service is so poor. Been with them twice now and never again. I found Scottish Power the cheapest for me and gone through TCB too.

I have just been trying to organise this for various family members.
    I noticed that no gas has been charged at my Grandfather's old house for over 10 years, British Gas have been charging for electricity but no gas charges at all despite it being a gas central heating system. There are definitely no standing orders or any other providers charging for gas either.
    Moral dilemma time.
    I wouldn't like to think what over 10 years gas charges for a 4 bedroomed house would be!

supermod

Rugbymum

I had the same deal with Eon (dual fuel though). Came to an end on the … I had the same deal with Eon (dual fuel though). Came to an end on the 31/3/11 - Eon offered me another tariff - very expensive, when I looked into it. I feel for the people who don't check or are unable to. What I did was found out from my previous bills my kwh consumption for the year and used these figures to calculate the cheapest provider. Comparing the different offers comes up with the cheapest one. Came out it was British Gas (websaver 11).Happy hunting and a message to all, you really should check to see if you are paying the cheapest rate for your fuel.

Ditto re old and new suppliers - used 4 comparison sites and ended up going with energyhelpline.com to move to BGs new online tariff - doesn't earn as much cashback as uswitch but had a good rep. Taking about a month to transfer over to BGas, gas supply being the slowest to transfer (dual fuel tariff).

Banned

I recently moved from EON to Npower.

I did a price comparison and then bagged £70.70 cashback.

im on eon fixed online 8 and due to change soon,but not sure whether to or not as i was getting a good discount £95 off my last quater,so sstill undecided,plus i was in credit.

Banned

edf were cheapest for me and £170 cashback

crap CS mind

I moved from Npower to Scottish Electric a few years ago .Had no problems and their customer service is much ,much better than Npower .I wouldn't touch British Gas , I know of folk who have had boilers and fires condemed by them so they can force a sale .My neighbor had to fork out £3000 for a new baxi boiler as they said they couldn't get spares for it .
    Post a comment
    @
      Text
      Top Discussions
      1. Hatchimals on Ebay - are they fake?11
      2. Ditched Sky1113
      3. Tough Doggy Ball Recommendations, Please?914
      4. Unexpected house guest query (Ratatouille)56

See more discussions