Anyone else lost their 3G signal with three network?

Posted 7th Oct
Hi all

Since last Monday I cannot get a 3G signal anymore with Three network around my area

I am on a 24 month contract 4 months in.

I have always had a weak 4G signal so had set my phone set to 3G only and was getting download speeds of around 5-10Mbps prior to last Monday using 3G.

I've been in touch with Three and they have told me there are no network issues, and nothing further more.

I believe the cause of this is three have started to switch off there 3G cells around the country and moving over to providing 4G and 5G services only as has been published online. All very well,but it is not on when they expect there customers to carry on paying for a service not being recieved while they transition over.

theregister.co.uk/201…es/

ispreview.co.uk/ind…tml

Just wondering if anyone else is experiencing the same?
Community Updates
Ask

Groups

19 Comments
Same issue with same sim in another device at same location?
Daughter lost hers but found it down the back of the sofa
AndyRoyd07/10/2019 21:31

Same issue with same sim in another device at same location?

yes, tried that same issue.
kkms07/10/2019 22:04

APN is default ( three.co.uk ).

...and if changed from "three.co.uk" to "3internet" ?
AndyRoyd07/10/2019 22:12

no difference matey
AndyRoyd07/10/2019 22:12

it doesnt help adjusting the APN settings as they have switched off the 3G cells in our area.
What city are you in? Glasgow has an issue but its more to do with congestion on the network here though.. I keep complaining to them thru chat
Cannot wait to be rid of this network. Absolutely woeful and I'm just outside of London. Literally 1 bar all day every day.
kkms07/10/2019 22:14

it doesnt help adjusting the APN settings as they have switched off the 3G …it doesnt help adjusting the APN settings as they have switched off the 3G cells in our area.

It might help your device receive optimum 4G signal that you appear to have chosen to exclude. It's kinda weird to disable something that works (even marginally) in favour of something that isn't even available.
AndyRoyd07/10/2019 22:21

It might help your device receive optimum 4G signal that you appear to …It might help your device receive optimum 4G signal that you appear to have chosen to exclude. It's kinda weird to disable something that works (even marginally) in favour of something that isn't even available.

I was getting a faster download speed when using 3G then when on 4G. As 3G is now no longer available where I am I have set my phone back to auto detect and am getting a very weak 4G signal. Download speeds are less then 0.5Mbps now I am on 4G whilst when I had the option of 3G I was getting download speeds of 5-10Mbps
In the last week I've noticed I struggle to get 4G now, I used to struggle to get 3G. It's a slight improvement for coverage.

Get onto live chat and complain about the signal. I moaned and they gave me a signal booster for the home free of charge.
jabbatheshed07/10/2019 21:32

Daughter lost hers but found it down the back of the sofa

As long as that is all she has lost on the sofa
JimboParrot08/10/2019 07:20

As long as that is all she has lost on the sofa

Better be, she's 10
Yes mine has been a nightmare at the moment, in particular yesterday! Today seems to be a lot better however
AndyRoyd07/10/2019 22:21

It might help your device receive optimum 4G signal that you appear to …It might help your device receive optimum 4G signal that you appear to have chosen to exclude. It's kinda weird to disable something that works (even marginally) in favour of something that isn't even available.

In congested areas for me three's 3g is 5-10x faster than their 4g so it can make a big difference, although if there's no 3g at all then it won't.
Still got 3G here but my god it's awfully slow. Only 3.02 Mbps down!
Post a comment
@
    Text

Discussions

Top Merchants