Posted 30th May 2020
Hi all,

I am in the North West and wanted to get a delivery of furniture from IKEA but haven't been able to get a single thing deliverable, whether a small item or a large piece of furniture. Have others also experienced not being able to get anything from this retailer too? Here's hoping that it gets better from 1st of June. If anyone has any insider information about deliveries from them please divulge.

Cheers
Community Updates
Ask
New Comment

18 Comments

sorted by
's avatar
    Anonymous User
    I'm in a town north of Dundee - ordered a laptop table and lamp, took two weeks to come, but not from a Scottish store as I expected, but from somewhere in Englandshire.

Collecting from store isn't an option - afaik, Scottish stores aren't open along with other non-essential retailers. So a quick nip down to England would be a breach of the rules. We're not all political advisors.
    Me too, I've been trying throughout lockdown. I'm in the south west. Nearest store is about 45 miles away. I'm going to try and order once they open, otherwise I'll make the trip.
    I’m from the north west too I do have delivery options from the 1st of June onwards.
    Anonymous User
    Dannyrobbo30/05/2020 12:34

they are not open in England either until Monday

You have a date for them opening though.

The rest of the home nations seem to be taking a more sensible, cautious approach. (edited)
    MildmanneredCalvin30/05/2020 12:45

Did you try ordering today?

I just had a go when I posted to you. Some items say no available for delivery. Everything that was available to be delivered after I put my postcode in said it would be delivered by truck on varying dates in Junedependant on items.
    I have had two deliveries during the 'lockdown' to a semi remote Scottish Location, deliveries to my area book 8 weeks in advance and only deliver 2days a week.

I found 9am on a Tuesday was when my delivery slots where available.

Interestingly my sister in the next village was able to get delivery everyday and also next day express delivery. So she was holding some items for me, now I can visit her garden winner winner items collected.

Worth noting they aren't doing 2 man delivery, so anything over length/weight restrictions for a single man in a van won't be delivered.
    Hire a van and go collect.
    Author
    matt345430/05/2020 11:05

Hire a van and go collect.

I couldn't even get the option to collect!
    Author
    Ivor-NoReasonToCare30/05/2020 10:53

I have had two deliveries during the 'lockdown' to a semi remote Scottish …I have had two deliveries during the 'lockdown' to a semi remote Scottish Location, deliveries to my area book 8 weeks in advance and only deliver 2days a week.I found 9am on a Tuesday was when my delivery slots where available.Interestingly my sister in the next village was able to get delivery everyday and also next day express delivery. So she was holding some items for me, now I can visit her garden winner winner items collected.Worth noting they aren't doing 2 man delivery, so anything over length/weight restrictions for a single man in a van won't be delivered.

That's fascinating, I'm on the Fylde Coast, an hour's drive from Manchester, hardly the sticks, yet nothing is available for me. I truly hope things will vastly improve from next week.
    MildmanneredCalvin30/05/2020 11:42

That's fascinating, I'm on the Fylde Coast, an hour's drive from …That's fascinating, I'm on the Fylde Coast, an hour's drive from Manchester, hardly the sticks, yet nothing is available for me. I truly hope things will vastly improve from next week.

I'm only 20 miles from Glasgow...but up the edge of Loch Lomond so semi remote, but still within civilization!
    Author
    Ivor-NoReasonToCare30/05/2020 11:43

I'm only 20 miles from Glasgow...but up the edge of Loch Lomond so semi …I'm only 20 miles from Glasgow...but up the edge of Loch Lomond so semi remote, but still within civilization!

I've got either Manchester's or Warrington's shops close to me within an hours drive, and yet I have absolutely zero options. So pissed off with them, but don't have any other alternatives.
    deleted10436230/05/2020 11:54

I'm in a town north of Dundee - ordered a laptop table and lamp, took two …I'm in a town north of Dundee - ordered a laptop table and lamp, took two weeks to come, but not from a Scottish store as I expected, but from somewhere in Englandshire.Collecting from store isn't an option - afaik, Scottish stores aren't open along with other non-essential retailers. So a quick nip down to England would be a breach of the rules. We're not all political advisors.

they are not open in England either until Monday
    Author
    Dannyrobbo30/05/2020 12:33

I’m from the north west too I do have delivery options from the 1st of J …I’m from the north west too I do have delivery options from the 1st of June onwards.

Did you try ordering today?
    deleted10436230/05/2020 12:40

You have a date for them opening though. The rest of the home nations seem …You have a date for them opening though. The rest of the home nations seem to be taking a more sensible, cautious approach.

i don’t think you will be too far behind. It’s driven by your R number and according to what Cranky laid out Scotland’s R number Has been hovering around 1 for over a month. To move to your next phase it needs to be less than 1 for 3 weeks.
    Author
    Dannyrobbo30/05/2020 13:19

I just had a go when I posted to you. Some items say no available for …I just had a go when I posted to you. Some items say no available for delivery. Everything that was available to be delivered after I put my postcode in said it would be delivered by truck on varying dates in Junedependant on items.

Thank you for this. I will re-try ordering perhaps things improve now.
    Author
    No. Enragingly nothing is available for the dates I set. I didn't even have an option for setting dates to begin with!!!
    Author
    Some well peeved people here on the IKEA UK facebook page:

facebook.com/IKE…UK/

Looks like it may be an absolute shambles for a while.
    Author
    deleted250635831/05/2020 13:23

Comment deleted

What annoys me is that they have the monopoly. If they had a direct competitor selling the same type of things as them, they'd have pulled their socks up sharpish
's avatar
Discussions
Top Merchants