Anyone else on here have bad neighbours?

Found 4th Oct 2017
My neighbour reports anything she can to the council lol, we had a conservatory built and she told us she wants us to knock it down. Council cleared it but she's still demanding it be shut down, wth.
Community Updates
Ask
Top comments
No. My next door neighbours are great. However their next door neighbours are a nightmare.
My next door neighbour built a massive conservatory, I've reported it to the council but the savvy buggers already had planning permission... told em I still want it taken down.
29 Comments
Just be thankful your next door neighbour isn't a teenage drug dealer who's dad was the most feared bloke on the estate. I was in that situation for almost 3 years
why do they not want a conservatory? are they just randomly saying it needs to go or is there an attempt of reasoning
Just sing the neighbours theme song in your head and it will all go away.
Paint your driveway bright pink . Thatll lighten the mood
Just get a free 30min consultation with a solicitor who will probably send a letter confirming the councils planning consent and to request the neighbour to stop "interfering"

I had a distant connection to my family who thought they could peek through my windows or enter my garden without authority / consent - a solicitor's letter stopped it straight away.

HTH
My next door neighbour keeps bringing me presents. I like my neighbour.
No. My next door neighbours are great. However their next door neighbours are a nightmare.
My neighbour has been issued with a final warning from the landlord. Her kids use to play outside and thrown food, toys and clothes into my garden. Her kids also attended the park and was very rude to other kids. Everything is quiet now until summer 2018.
My next door neighbour built a massive conservatory, I've reported it to the council but the savvy buggers already had planning permission... told em I still want it taken down.
Flodd1 h, 23 m ago

My next door neighbour built a massive conservatory, I've reported it to …My next door neighbour built a massive conservatory, I've reported it to the council but the savvy buggers already had planning permission... told em I still want it taken down.

Maybe start a thread on this site about it. Or failing that an egg thrown is a bird in the hand or something similar.
My neighbour is annoying, but I don't think on purpose. We live in flats and the guy upstairs wakes me up every morning about 5am as he goes to work, dropping stuff on the floor, slamming doors etc.

So whenever I've been out and get home at 1am I always make sure to slam door and drop stuff just to make sure he is awake
adamspencer9523 m ago

My neighbour is annoying, but I don't think on purpose. We live in flats …My neighbour is annoying, but I don't think on purpose. We live in flats and the guy upstairs wakes me up every morning about 5am as he goes to work, dropping stuff on the floor, slamming doors etc.So whenever I've been out and get home at 1am I always make sure to slam door and drop stuff just to make sure he is awake

So he isn't doing it on purpose but you are?
psychobitchfromhell7 h, 52 m ago

My next door neighbour keeps bringing me presents. I like my neighbour.

I need to move next to your neighbour. But I wouldn't want to give presents back in return though
jaylovesit1 h, 43 m ago

So he isn't doing it on purpose but you are?

no idea to be honest but i mentioned it to him and nothing changed so he knows he is doing it

edit - him and his guests also leave fag ends around the shared garden so that alone is frustrating
Edited by: "adamspencer95" 4th Oct 2017
deeky5 h, 40 m ago

No. My next door neighbours are great. However their next door neighbours …No. My next door neighbours are great. However their next door neighbours are a nightmare.

Same here
mutley14 h, 10 m ago

I need to move next to your neighbour. But I wouldn't want to give …I need to move next to your neighbour. But I wouldn't want to give presents back in return though

She doesn't ask for anything back. Lob a few biscuits over the fence when we have baked a surplus but that is about all. It's mainly food but as she is Chinese and a good cook I'm certainly not complaining.
adamspencer953 h, 57 m ago

no idea to be honest but i mentioned it to him and nothing changed so he …no idea to be honest but i mentioned it to him and nothing changed so he knows he is doing itedit - him and his guests also leave fag ends around the shared garden so that alone is frustrating

ah fair
My neighnour cuts my grass for me!
Wadda57 m ago

My neighnour cuts my grass for me!

Same here but I always buy a very nice bottle of wine every Christmas for them. No complaints so far. The last thing anyone want is to annoy your neighbours when you're living day in day out on the same street. I tend to find it's usually the renters, not all but most that cause the troubles.
My neighbour in my old home use to play music very loud until early hours of morn, the bass booming through the walls, although there have been some light hearted comments on here, it can in fact have a real negative impact on your life, I don't wish real bad neighbours on anyone..
Edited by: "malnuman" 4th Oct 2017
Flodd12 h, 3 m ago

My next door neighbour built a massive conservatory, I've reported it to …My next door neighbour built a massive conservatory, I've reported it to the council but the savvy buggers already had planning permission... told em I still want it taken down.

How does the conservatory interfere with your life?
psychobitchfromhell5 h, 4 m ago

She doesn't ask for anything back. Lob a few biscuits over the fence when …She doesn't ask for anything back. Lob a few biscuits over the fence when we have baked a surplus but that is about all. It's mainly food but as she is Chinese and a good cook I'm certainly not complaining.

Lucky you for having a nice neighbour and cooking nice food too
psychobitchfromhell5 h, 21 m ago

She doesn't ask for anything back. Lob a few biscuits over the fence when …She doesn't ask for anything back. Lob a few biscuits over the fence when we have baked a surplus but that is about all. It's mainly food but as she is Chinese and a good cook I'm certainly not complaining.

Wish I have a neighbour like that, free food, that is so great. My neighbour gave us chocolates when they had an extension done to thank us for letting them put scaffold in our front garden. My other neighbour keeps parking in front of our house instead of his own, but he has offered me to give me a ride in his car. Lol
summerof762 h, 6 m ago

Lucky you for having a nice neighbour and cooking nice food too

Cora is great everyone should have a neighbour like Cora. The other day we got fortune cookies, a couple of weeks ago it was car air fresheners. Totally random
Our neighbour criticised my gardening skills to my face after I'd been out there working my a** off for an hour. (Apparently the edges of our lawn aren't straight)
I'm no Alan Titchmarsh but at least I was giving it a go!
Ironically he used to be a teacher, the encouragement he must have given his pupils must have been really inspiring

vibz19919 h, 47 m ago

How does the conservatory interfere with your life?

Whoooooosh....
The council just arrived again to re-check the conservatory as the neighbour keeps calling them saying we need planning permission.

This is going to be me in the future lol32184291-n0PCO.jpg
Edited by: "KM4353" 5th Oct 2017
KM435317 h, 18 m ago

The council just arrived again to re-check the conservatory as the …The council just arrived again to re-check the conservatory as the neighbour keeps calling them saying we need planning permission.This is going to be me in the future lol[Image]

Wth how in the world could it even effect them? Am i missing something here?
If the council have passed it then there is nothing they can do but have you knocked round and talked to your neighbour to find out what their problem is and how you can work things out with them. conservatories come under the heading of " permitted development " " You can perform certain types of work without needing to apply for planning permission. These are called "permitted development rights". They derive from a general planning permission granted not by the local authority but by Parliament." so there is nothing your neighbour can do but for an easy life its best to sort things out
Edited by: "ding" 6th Oct 2017
Post a comment
@
    Text

Top Discussions

Top Discussions

Top Merchants